SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Odd "introductory" email. Anyone have ideas?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Master_Bader
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I have no idea what this guy is pulling. Tells me I have a WU transfer waiting, in some woman's name. Random name, or possible vic? I have no idea. Is the link even a legitimate WU site? Any info, I'm intrigued.

2 Attachments
Attn.Wed Feb 23rd, 2011 2:46 AM EST

Attention Beneficiary,

Sequel to the meeting held Yesterday, the Western Union Money Transfer has come to compensate all that has been constantly in patronage, and to award it's customer in the ongoing funds remittance promo. And you are hereby awarded with the sum of $1,000,000.00 USD.

We the Western Union handling your transfer of funds has transferred your installment of $5,000.00 USD today for your pickup at any Western Union office in your location. After you have picked up this we shall send you another till full payment is made.

Based on the information with us, you can track your first payment online now using senders first name and last name as directed below:
https://wumt.westernunion.com/asp/orderStatus.asp?country=global
MTCN: 8849XXXXXX (edited by me)

Sender Name: Mandy Wang

Mr. John Scott
Foreign Operation Manager.Western Union Office Nigeria
Phone: +2348 18304 9561

Last edited by Master_Bader on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
leonsumbitches
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The lad has sent himself or an associate a small amount, say $5. This results in a valid MTCN which you can verify online, thus giving the victim the belief that the money really is there.

This is why we do not recycle MTCN's, besides the obvious reason that lads can bribe WU employees to get access: they can turn around and use them like this.

The lad is hoping you will be greedy and try to claim the money for yourself. When you go check, get giddy, then respond, insurance fees will pop up.

GYV::Tanstaafl::Abiga::Game-theory::Church-Sites Easter Egg 2011
Closed lad accounts x 18 (10 from Tanstaafl baits) United Kingdom x 5 United States x 2 Ivory Coast Netherlands Malaysia Nigeria x 2 Spain
Safari SW Bait - Cl3tus Orof3 Accra->8auchi->Accra->Lagos, co-bait with Nowhere Man, Bravo, The Dane & psychicbait
insults and more
How to kill a Badger
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammers set up a real/live MTCN that can not be collected and send it out in formats like these. The trick is to get victims to look at the WU site, see that the payment is available, thus believing the scam and being willing to pay fees in order to collect the money. (You have to pay fees in order to "release" it).

We don't like scammers having these. If you receive others you can send them to any moderator here. We don't want live MTCN's posted or sent out because they're a valuable tool in the hands of a scammer.

This one is already showing as "picked up".

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Master_Bader
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The address of the sender shows up as [email protected]

Reply goes to [email protected]

I can't get headers today (using my blackberry) but can post from my office tomorrow, if you guys think it will help solve the mystery.
Master_Bader
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, okay. Makes sense. Should I go back and edit out the MTCN number? In fact, I will. BRB
leonsumbitches
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In Main, you'll want to edit out anything you don't want Googled. In Help, you're behind a login and can be more open with details.

Occasionally, you may want to Google for your lad's name and the email addresses of your characters, to make sure you haven't accidentally posted them in front of the login.

However, go check out the Hect4rd thread. He's travelled a continuous safari for years, even after reading his own thread. A lad finding himself on Eater is not the end of the bait by a longshot.

GYV::Tanstaafl::Abiga::Game-theory::Church-Sites Easter Egg 2011
Closed lad accounts x 18 (10 from Tanstaafl baits) United Kingdom x 5 United States x 2 Ivory Coast Netherlands Malaysia Nigeria x 2 Spain
Safari SW Bait - Cl3tus Orof3 Accra->8auchi->Accra->Lagos, co-bait with Nowhere Man, Bravo, The Dane & psychicbait
insults and more
How to kill a Badger
Master_Bader
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was more concerned about someone getting a hold of the MTCN and re-using it! I have googled my own charactor (found it, #1 result on google), and edited my previous posts.
<Br> <br>
I have no doubts as to the stupidity of some lads. I had a romance bait going, slapped the lad for asking for money on 2nd email, and she (he?) responded by re-sending the introductory email! When I wrote back saying wtf?, she sent the 2nd email again, asking for money. Obviously can't get off script!
<Br> <br>
The thing I'm discovering in my new "baiting" career, is the levels they will go to to get your money. If they spent the same amount of time and effort on a legitimate business, they'd be wealthy legally!
Master_Bader
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, is the thought that he re-cycled an old MTCN number, or did he actually scam someone using the same email I received? It landed in my spam box, so I didn't see it for 2 days..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic