SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mobile phones - multiple numbers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There was a brief bit on a techie program on the BBC Saturday morning. If I heard right, mobile phone companies are launching a system where you can have up to 6 different phone numbers from different countries on one phone. That way you can be in a country and offer people a local number for the to call you on. Also while out of the counry, they can still get you on that number. If you do travel abroad you get a number from your service provider for that country allowing you to make local rate calls.
Obviously bad news of the Lads get hold of this, they'd have a number for each of the local African countries, proving a safari will get even more difficult, but it'd be of benefit for us to lok like we are local to them if we had it.

No doubt it'll cost, so might keep the lads at bay for bit. Can't find a link on BBC web site with any more info.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
woodyuk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I work in mobile coms for business customers and normally get pre launch details for most new hardware and software but as yet nothing has filtered down to me about this facility.

Perhaps you could watch the programe again at :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv

There's been an iphone app around for a couple of years now that allows you to program up to 6 different numbers on a special sim but you need accounts with the providers that you want to use.Details at:-

http://iphone3ghacked.com/2008/10/26/have-up-to-6-phone-numbers-active-on-your-iphone-with-gsm-6-in-1/

leonsumbitches
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard of Asian cell-phones with dual simcard slots, even three-slotted ones.

While not as impressive, I bet one could get these at a reasonable price.

My sister's fiancee's family is very, very Scottish, and I've been told how extensive one's collection of sims can be. It wouldn't surprise me if you UK baiters could find a dualsim phone near you, given the demand for them.

GYV::Tanstaafl::Abiga::Game-theory::Church-Sites Easter Egg 2011
Closed lad accounts x 18 (10 from Tanstaafl baits) United Kingdom x 5 United States x 2 Ivory Coast Netherlands Malaysia Nigeria x 2 Spain
Safari SW Bait - Cl3tus Orof3 Accra->8auchi->Accra->Lagos, co-bait with Nowhere Man, Bravo, The Dane & psychicbait
insults and more
How to kill a Badger
woodyuk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^

The chinese have been making multi sim phones for a lot of years now and they're really cheap although needless to say the quality reflects the price but if you just want something to throw a couple of extra sims in they'll do.

A quick search of Fleabay threw up dual sim models for less than £30 inc p&p like thiis

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Unlocked-Dual-sim-cell-phone-GSM-mobile-cheap-phone-X2r-/270663795799?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones&hash=item3f04d1c457

Or if you really want to push the boat out and spend nearly £40 you can have one that takes three sims

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Triple-Sim-Triple-Standby-3-Sim-TV-Mobile-GSM-Phone-/270706461025?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones&hash=item3f075cc961

You could probably get them between 5 and 10% cheaper if you did a quick search for the chinese wholesalers webites and bought direct so they're not paying the auction fees.

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting, I'd like to see the application of this technology outside of a VOIP environment.

As long as the tools are available to both sides, we'll just be hoodwinking each other, and no-one should really have more of an advantage as a result.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic