SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

latest telephone scam alert

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
daevans1964
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On 1/31/2011 at around 6pm, a man called me claiming his name was Officer Scott Mason calling from Gwinnett County regarding a Money Cash Advance. He then called me names, cussed and threatened to have me arrested the next day if I did not pay him $843.00 for a supposedly a $400 online loan he claims I applied for out online. He knew my social security number, address, full name, email address and last place of employment and said if I didn't pay him the company was going sue me and I would have to pay over $2000 in court charges. Then he had me write down his phone number to call him back which is (404) 981-6103 and said I had to fax him something in writing stating that I authorize the debit in the amount of $843 from a prepaid card or credit card towards my outstanding amount and I ensure the payment won't get declined and I won't dispute this payment along with the date the money will be sent, the card information, exp date, CVV#, billing address, my signature, and attached photo id and to fax to (650) 560-1721. I have since contacted my local police department and filed a report with BBBonline, the FBI, consumer reports online, social security dept., and posted a message to every scam site I could find on the internet.
And since I have received at least 2 emails from individuals stating that the same thing or similar has happened to them. See below:
“ Hi Deborah,
WhoScammedYou.com commented on their wall post.
WhoScammedYou.com wrote: "Debby, You should post your experiences on http://www.facebook.com/l/8ab87;WhoScammedYou.com to warn others when they Google this person. We have world wide exposure!"
Hi Deborah,
Janet Hill commented on WhoScammedYou.com's wall post.
Janet wrote: "Thanks for posting this, someone from this number just called me."
See the comment thread
Reply to this email to comment on this post.
Thanks,
The Facebook Team “
On 2/8/2011 same situation occurred:
Caller claims there is a lawsuit filed against my name and social security #, threatened to black list my social security and file court documents under my name and social security #. Said his name was Alex Scott, his phone number is 469-718-7315 but on my caller ID it shows 315-551-5643 Syracuse, New York. I immediately phoned the police for whom I previously filed a police report with and added to the report. Furthermore, I have contacted the FTC, and the IRS and filed reports.
On 2/11/2011:
I got a call from 800-252-2107, 760-666-2107, and 714-464-8744 and all of them are scams. I have since changed my phone numbers too.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to 419Eater daevans1964. Since you are not asking for hints, tips or help I have moved this posting here. Normally we do not like to see phone numbers posted without header information but because you have received the numbers in a phone conversation and listed this same message all over the net there seems very little reason remove it.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic