SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Scambaiting on TV (Basta)

View next topic
View previous topic

auguste
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For those that understand dutch and check the forum regularly,

Currently theres a half an hour dedicated on scambaiting. A group of 4 guys (known as basta) are pretty much baiting a gold dust seller for half an hour. currently on een (Belgian TV).

More info after i've seen the program...

auguste
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So... half an hour of scam baiting on prime time TV in Belgium.

Basta was a pretty groundbreaking program over here that managed to put evrything in the spotlight that should be changed. In one program they managed to get tv callgames banned (games where you call in and try to guess the answer to an impossible puzzle).

The last episode was reserved to scammers and scambaiting. They baited a gold dust seller and met with him twice (before someone cries foul , they did warn evrybody never to try this at home and explained they had body guards at all time).

The last scenario where they met the scammer involved a bunch of factors that could have been thought up by Nurse Nasty :
- one pony, one amputee , two midgets, a police raid and the scammers money going up in flames. And one person mumbling "neveneffecten (the producers of the show) has you by your cherries" in dutch (the scammer only understood french).
It was pretty funny all in all.

For those that understand , i assume the episode will eventually show up on http://www.een.be/programmas/basta/ .
A part (of last week) can be found at http://www.een.be/programmas/basta/euromillions .

Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Thanks for sharing. I'll have to check it out. Very Happy

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
auguste
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The episode is up on the site under the header "pest eens een internetfrauder" ( http://www.een.be/programmas/basta/ ). The first part of the episode has a large amount of the conversations in English.

Julian Sark
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just watched it. Here is a direct link to the 5 clips in which they scambait: http://www.een.be/programmas/basta/pest-eens-een-internetfraudeur

They agree to meetings with two different scammers. With one they set up the scenario with the pony, midgets, police raid etc, and at the other meeting they run at the scammer in robot costumers with a cheque. At least this is some good education for Belgium and the Dutch viewers. Great program, too bad this was their last episode.

And here is a page to their lotery bait: http://www.een.be/programmas/basta/euromillions Here is more in English. They actually go to western union and the people at the office warm them about the scam. Hopefully more offices will do so.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic