SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Sending old vets into combat?

View next topic
View previous topic

Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I copied and pasted this from a old vet friend on another board, very funny!!

Quote:

This is funny & obviously written by a Former Soldier

New Direction for any war: Send Service Vets over 60!

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing butt-backwards. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters: Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry'. We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some a-hole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 am. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, 'I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical S.O.B."

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house…away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his neck.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple of million pissed off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

***How about recruiting Women over 50...in menopause!!!***

You think Men have attitudes !!! Ohhhhhh my Gosh!!! If nothing else, put them on border patrol. They will have it secured the first night!

Pastor Frank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Laughing

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." -Emerson
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I cannot find one thing wrong with any of his logic. Specially the last bit which would in turn nullify some of his reasons but makes perfect sense to me Laughing

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and [email protected] : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my [email protected] Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of [email protected] and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Morgain Le Fay
Pistol-packin' Mama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen this before and loved it. He's right about putting older women in the service of their country. We could have it ship shape in no time on the borders and maybe high flying in an F-14 Wink Wink

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There were two women qual'ed on the F-14. One died in the water behind a carrier at night trying to land. Here's a clip of Meagan's qualification from Speed and Angels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7izl-wOYkPs&feature=related

One in five Naval aviators dies within 5 years.

Edit to add- This my favorite part of the movie. Its captured here at 1:15 and is the sound of a lady at the controls of a F-14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km17hnaT8vY

Excuse the threadjack.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Yastreb
Demented Opportunist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought this thread was about old veterinarians going being conscripted. I feel cheated.

Wink

"I aim to misbehave."

Asena - Pretty Rose
United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 180
Safari x 4 - Oyenka Chidinma - Lagos to Cotonou; Dickyboi - Lagos to Accra; Femmy - Lagos to Porto Novo; "Woody" - Accra to Singapore
Sand Timer x 7: Dufus & Abavana/Capt Joseph Annan/Victor Walla/Ohene Agyekum/James Jeffrey/Peace Akpobor & John Mensah/Tony Kalaby & Addo Gilbert
leonsumbitches
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

John Scalzi wrote an excellent scifi series called Old Man's War in which Earth inducts only the elderly into its space military.

GYV::Tanstaafl::Abiga::Game-theory::Church-Sites Easter Egg 2011
Closed lad accounts x 18 (10 from Tanstaafl baits) United Kingdom x 5 United States x 2 Ivory Coast Netherlands Malaysia Nigeria x 2 Spain
Safari SW Bait - Cl3tus Orof3 Accra->8auchi->Accra->Lagos, co-bait with Nowhere Man, Bravo, The Dane & psychicbait
insults and more
How to kill a Badger
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I worked with a guy that we called FOS (short for Full Of Something). He was in the US Army reserves when he was called up at the age of 57 for Gulf War One. He was an obese, cocky SOB when he left and came back a changed man. He stopped drinking, exercised everyday, got fired on and had a chance to examine his life. His attitude went from "F you" to "What can I do to help you?"

Maybe they should send only old farts to war.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
rocknrollnobody
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^^^^^
I've seen similar changes in young, old and those who were desk-bound until recently.

During my last tour, we had an IED that was made out of washing machine parts. It was too volatile, and the area it was in was known to be covered by snipers, so we send in the disposable robot to instigate a controlled explosion.

We'd been sent a kid about 19 who believed he was the hounds hoo-hoos. He wore his aviators almost permanently, and often took his helmet off to do his hair, despite his CO warning him that it was suicidal to do that.

The robot was being controlled by a friend of mine, who gave me a kick, and then nodded towards the young lad, who'd already turned his back on the scene to style his hair again. My mate 'accidentally' set the device off without muting or timing, so it was uber loud, and very powerful, but most of all it was unexpected, and we were all showered in dust and grit.

We thought we'd scared the kid enough as he was white in the face, even after we rubbed the sand and grit off it. Later we discovered he'd been caught with such surprise that he'd pissed himself.

He never took his attention off the subject after that, and from what I hear has actually has become a considerable asset rather than a jumped up poser.

[Free portrait of you with sexy goats!]

"WESTERN UNIN SAY IT FAKE AND YOU LIE. THEY LAUGH AND I FEEL FOOL. I WAIT FOR 5 HOUR TO GET WESTERN OFFICE AND YOU TRICK ME. I AM HIGH RESPECTED BANK OFFICIAL AND YOU TRICK ME WITH LIES AND FAKERY" - C0llin Sh1elds (a high respected bank official, apparently)
"I hope this is not another game as i do not have time for such games as i mean business here. I would not want to commence on a never ending journey or an uncompleted project with an unserious man." - Barrister Joseph Goldsmith doesn't want a never-ending project. Shame...
Morgain Le Fay
Pistol-packin' Mama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ There have been many who worked a carrier deck who got lax and got killed. My hubby used to say when you are on a carrier deck you have to be 200% alert for if you aren't you are going to end up killed, i.e. when an arresting cable snaps, you get sucked in a jet intake, et al.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic