SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Use of legitimate business name

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hey Nonny Mouse
Not quite a Newb

Location: Getting the word 'gullible' tattooed on my forehead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone

Finally back to the fun of baiting after about a year dealing with stupid real life stuff - hate it when that happens!

Have a very new AFF bait going - the usual "box of money" one. The name of the 'security company' to be used is legitimate, although they are obviously not involved in this line of business. I can even find their office on Google Earth. The phone numbers and email addresses given by my new best friend with a terminal illness are as dodgy as hell though.

What's the normal 419 procedure when a legit business name is used? Do we contact the business and let them know? Not going to do anything at this stage, just curious.
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We [normally] never do anything [reg. legit business name used] , unless if a website is given. There is no point to it [as they can do virtually nothing] , and it probably will end up with the email address being shut down, which is bad for several reasons.

Safari Mrs. CHIPIWA MAZIVA - Johannesburg to Cape Town - 1800 miles round-trip

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"

Last edited by gerald.fird on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ezio
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When in doubt, pm a moderator to ask.

I remember a bait to be found in the Publiish Your Work Here section, called Musa loves crocodiles, in which the scammer was claiming to be a real charity, and then when it was money transfer time, the baiter conveniently lost the information given by the scammer and claimed to have sent the money with the details on the real (legitimate) website and even to have received confirmation that it was received.
The poor chopped scammer then had to claim "do not use the details on our website, our website was hacked!"

Closed lad accounts X 20 Japan massbait
Closed lad accounts X 2 Peckam massbait

¨HOW DEER YOU INSULT YOUR FATHERS AGE IN SUCH AN INDISPEAKABLE MANNER? .... YOU WILL ROAST LIKE A ROASTED GOAT. FROM WHICH YOUR ACHES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THEE USE OF YOUR BURIAL....YOU TOOTHLESS BOO DOG STEPPING ON MY TOES..... YOU ARE A REJECTED CHILD OF YOUR PARENT AND A BASTARD WHO HAVE NO DIRECTION IN GHANA" (Mr. K. Smith)

"MARK MY WORD. YOU CAN'T LIVE BEYOND THIS MONTH....the only condition that what am saying will not happend this month is if you are not a guy man."(ASEM'd insult lad)
Hey Nonny Mouse
Not quite a Newb

Location: Getting the word 'gullible' tattooed on my forehead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks.

Just put the original email header through iptracker and it shows as Great Britain although she claims to be in Norfolk Island, of all places. My character might have to stop over there some time very soon.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the company has a website, check it to see if they know their name is being used by scammers, if they don't mention it, it can be nice to warn them so they can put a warning on their webpage, as single simple email will do

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Legitimate business names are frequently used by check/credit card scammers when soliciting "representatives". They'll even hijack the name of the real CEO.

I've never heard of this happening with a real security company though.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic