SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Nobody loves me! - problem getting mails

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jeannette
Distinctly Average

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Over the week, I've been contacted by promising lads. I was -
"charmed by their lovely message, impressed by their job, and enthusiastic about a future friendship. Being all new to this dating stuff, I've yet to create a Yahoo account and to learn how to use the messenger. In the meantime, could they send me an email to my googlemail account?"

Of course, the wording was more naive.

And until now, not a single email! crying
What was my mistake?

Edit: Does googlemail automatically delete spam/scam messages?

Phil Yerboots
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Jeanette

Googlemail automatically deletes spam after 30 days but the spam folder can sometimes be hidden - especially if you have a lot of other mailboxes, threads, saved messages, that type o thang!

On the other hand are you typing out your email address in full so that it acts as a clickable hyperlink? You know how lazy lads can be! Wink

Love Phil X

"You are sick and need medical attention. I just realised." Pee
leonsumbitches
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can create a filter that will prevent responses from going into Spam, and label them for you.

The easiest but most unreliable way is to use some pet name that your lad is certain to use. Anything with "snugglebottoms" for instance could go right into "love lad"

As an extreme measure, you can create a filter for any message containing "is:spam" not to go into Spam. This will turn off Google's spam filter. For an account not connected to any spam sources, this may be a good option.

GYV::Tanstaafl::Abiga::Game-theory::Church-Sites Easter Egg 2011
Closed lad accounts x 18 (10 from Tanstaafl baits) United Kingdom x 5 United States x 2 Ivory Coast Netherlands Malaysia Nigeria x 2 Spain
Safari SW Bait - Cl3tus Orof3 Accra->8auchi->Accra->Lagos, co-bait with Nowhere Man, Bravo, The Dane & psychicbait
insults and more
How to kill a Badger
Jeannette
Distinctly Average

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for getting back, gentlemen!
My account is brandnew, so no complex hierarchy of folders yet. Messages from our Facebook baiters' accounts come in just fine (btw, we are having fun sending messages to each other and bolstering our credibilities).
So the next step is to check all my settings - again - for hidden spam and make sure spam gets through.
If all else fails, I'm going to send ASEMs to addies harvested from ScamWarners and RomanceScam.

Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have found that lads from DateMeFree are more willing to email than the lads from 4ppl (who so frequently prefer to chat on YIM) - if they don't freely give me their email address, I simply ask for it - and then write to them from my Gmail account without any explanation. I remind them who I am by a subject line like 'From MyUserName at DateMeFree'.

I've had most success in receiving replies when baiting as a 40-something-year-old divorcée - including plenty of replies from lads in (or pretending to be in) their 20s. My characters are a bit distant at first, hesitant like a 40-something-year-old divorcée might be, just giving some bare facts about themselves and the type of man they are hoping to meet, and expanding upon information about their lives/jobs/children/pets over the next few emails. Asking one question per email; a question easy for a lad to invent an answer to, in case he needs a prompt for the composition of his email; but ignoring it if he does not reply to the question. And like with all baiting, initially keeping my emails short, straightforward, a bit cautious - and yet as if I'll be a good victim, making no trouble or difficulties at all....

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic