SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lads who can't even keep their names straight

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Alejandro
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Over the past few days, I've been getting a lot of e-mails from lads where their name on their e-mail address or registered to their e-mail address does not even remotely match the name they introduce themselves as. In itself, this is pretty common because you'll get someone saying that their name is Vincent Koffi while their e-mail address says Greg William.

But what I've been getting more often is ones more extreme where the gender or nationality doesn't even match up. I had a guy with an Italian name on his e-mail address and in the inbox "from:" field introduce himself with a Hong Kong name.

And now the most extreme. The name appearing in the "from:" field, the e-mail address, and the introduction are all vastly different. E-mail address was Timothy Loveable. E-mail address was Seargent Timothy and the scammer introduced himself as Mrs. Martha Williams. I asked her who Timothy was. "Is he your son? Why are you e-mailing from your son's e-mail address?"

And the ironic thing is the scammer e-mailed me back from a different e-mail address where the e-mail name and "her" name still didn't match, but at least the gender was correct. Laughing

"TESTMONIES ARE COMMING from all over the world about our pastor so don,t worry, you sickness must go soon,Chronic Sytheric Pnimthritis,is a serious sickness but it will disappear any moment from now, you don,t need to worry," - Ossy from Nigeria
leonsumbitches
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The best thing to do with these confused lads is to make them even more likely to keep changing their names. Never ask why he's emailing you as Mr. Foo using address [email protected], introducing himself as Barrister Baz, and signing his name Mrs. Quux.

In a case like that, don't even mention his multiple personality disorder. Instead, encourage it. Come up with new names and try to get him to use it, or use every name in every email.

Some responses I've seen are hilarious. I recall seeing one where he kept signing his name as X, even in responses screaming in ALL CAPS that his name is really Y and where did the name X come from oooo? X was of course completely different than the name in his addy. Which was different than Y, of course.

This is probably one of the most effective forms of lad de-education. It ought to raise a fishy stink immediately upon skimming the message.

Yet, consider that even your lad has probably made money from people with this modality.

GYV::Tanstaafl::Abiga::Game-theory::Church-Sites Easter Egg 2011
Closed lad accounts x 18 (10 from Tanstaafl baits) United Kingdom x 5 United States x 2 Ivory Coast Netherlands Malaysia Nigeria x 2 Spain
Safari SW Bait - Cl3tus Orof3 Accra->8auchi->Accra->Lagos, co-bait with Nowhere Man, Bravo, The Dane & psychicbait
insults and more
How to kill a Badger
Alejandro
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I normally don't say anything about it, other than by addressing them by the name in their address instead of the name they signed by. In the example I gave with the guy with the Italian address signing as a Chinese guy, I called him off and on by both the Italian and "Chinese" names he was using.

With the "lady" I mentioned, I only did it because I KNEW that this person was so far gone that he wouldn't fix the problem. Later in the bait, he e-mailed me as a "barrister" where the address, signed name, and the name appearing in my inbox were all slightly different.

"TESTMONIES ARE COMMING from all over the world about our pastor so don,t worry, you sickness must go soon,Chronic Sytheric Pnimthritis,is a serious sickness but it will disappear any moment from now, you don,t need to worry," - Ossy from Nigeria
TheLovelyJill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pointing out these inconsistencies is unwise as would educate the lad in making a more believable script.

Sometimes mid-bait, my character gets spooked and insists on codenames being used to ensure security, eg - "from now on, you must call me Trixie and I will call you Derick". Then I slap the lad if he calls/emails and doesn't use the names Smile

Your father was a coward and your mother a fagot - Barr G0ldsmith
You be jail soon let wait and see........ P0ntus
I no longer want to involve you in this transaction since I am beginning to see your cunny part.
i wasn't fucking gay until i married you - MM

- Trafalgar Square 2013
Golden Pith - Hector co-bait
Safari - Mr Ayo - Lagos-Porto-Novo (probably x3) "You lier. I will not for-give Because you waste my money. you lier."
Closed lad accounts x 236 Mortar Easter Egg 2011

Last edited by TheLovelyJill on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes this is extremely common and it's due to them setting up new mailboxes in a hurry as their old one gets banned for spamming/scamming.
Also from the fact they are mostly 'dumb as a box of rocks' and don't read their own scripts.
I have questioned them about it in the past, but they always come up with a feeble excuse, and now I don't bother as Thelovelyjill said, it's just educating them.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Dr. Steve Forum
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm grateful for it because even the most boring bait can still give me occasional giggles by swapping and changing their names around without them even noticing. You grab what amusement you can sometimes. Very Happy
Alejandro
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or similarly, when they pick a last name that is not even a name. Just some random English word. Laughing Or one where a woman had picked a last name for her first name and a first name for her last name. At first I thought she had just accidentally written it backwards... then she introduced her husband who had the same first name for a last name and a completely different name for his first name (not a last name, though, I don't think).

Dr. Steve Forum
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alejandro wrote:
then she introduced her husband who had the same first name for a last name and a completely different name for his first name (not a last name, though, I don't think).

Many, many do that. They find it very hard to work out our naming conventions.
Alejandro
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dr. Steve Forum wrote:
Many, many do that. They find it very hard to work out our naming conventions.

Which makes the ones who pretend to be from another African country or from the same African country seem a lot smarter than the ones who pretend to be from the UK, the US, Canada, or Australia. Do they really think they can convince someone they are an American when their e-mail is barely intelligible and the respond to your e-mail with "Sequel to you last e-mail"? Laughing

TheLovelyJill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another thing that amuses me is the use of the phrase "from the d3sk of". Never in twenty-odd years of corporate life have I heard this phrase... Long may they continue to use it!

Your father was a coward and your mother a fagot - Barr G0ldsmith
You be jail soon let wait and see........ P0ntus
I no longer want to involve you in this transaction since I am beginning to see your cunny part.
i wasn't fucking gay until i married you - MM

- Trafalgar Square 2013
Golden Pith - Hector co-bait
Safari - Mr Ayo - Lagos-Porto-Novo (probably x3) "You lier. I will not for-give Because you waste my money. you lier."
Closed lad accounts x 236 Mortar Easter Egg 2011
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure they get many of their names from a UK telephone book, not realizing the names are backwards and end up calling themselves "Mrs. Simmons Ann", "Rev. Brown Peter" e.g.

Then there are large corporations that must use Yahoo email addys or companies like WU who send out emails with ridiculous stuff like this:

Quote:
Western Onion is now offering a Special BONUS to help all our customers that are having their payment in our custody due to of prices But remember that after (3DAYS) you did not make the payment then we will divert your funds.

to Goverment Fund, to aviod problem or we will cancel the payment for this year untill next year because this year is not like last year.

Very convincing.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Alejandro
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or when they e-mail you as the Federal Bureau of Investigation of the CIA or the Department of Homeland Security and it's in horribly incorrect English that's hard to read.

Who falls for these things?
"Why is the FBI contacting me to tell me I won the lottery for $1.7 million dollars?! And why can't they write a single sentence with correct grammar?"
"Why is the government giving me a $40 million dollar contract for contracting in Iraq? What the...? And why does the e-mail sound like an uneducated greedy African man?"

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We can all laugh about the silly mistakes the lads make, but if their emails didn't work, there would be no victims, right?

And how many of us can really understand some of their idioms or funny names? While we sit and laugh at them not figuring out a the inside joke of a baiter using the name 'Ben Dover' or 'Dill Doe', do you think they are some laughing in a cafe right now because a vic didn't understand how laughable one of there names were?

It still tickles me when one of my lads tells me someone is 'stepping on his neck'. That is not something I have ever heard anyone say here in the US, but over there, seems to be a popular saying. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These lads are my favorite! Especially when they change it with the second email.

TheLovelyJill: I used to have lad's barristers ALWAYS have that in their emails to me. Now they don't anymore. What a shame. They need to start using it again.

I had a lad called Sharon Williams but also went by Williams Sharon as well.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There don't seem as many Jones Joneses, or Smith Smith's around these days.

I expect lads have exhausted yahoo and hotmail's supply. jones_3646464qwerty_jones_0000000000012534_office@yahoo just don't cut it somehow. Laughing

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Please i have not told anyone except you about the existence of this money and i will like you to please keep it secret to other people because since it is (MONEY) all eyes will be on it.

yes, the don't read their scripts and they sen them anyway.

The only thing, I am a bit concerned that she hates reading responses. Or does she really think that I live on the 0rpheu5 Mining C0lony (are there trekkies? Twisted Evil )

they do not read my answers aswell, at least not carefully.
Quote:

5)Home Address: Moon, 0rpheu5 Mining C0lony, Gamma Level, Residence Facility 4, Unit 19
6)National: German
7)Occupation: Astronaut

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Dr. Steve Forum
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I quite like the UK lotteries who pay out in $ (although I'm scared to think how many people wouldn't spot that as a blatant error).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic