SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Accomodation Scam Help Wanted

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,
I ran an add for my son's house for tenants. Got about 12 scammers in 2 days. Sent to my gmail account & got onto them.
They all have the same theme. Father wants unit for his daughter who is studying in the UK. She is moving to Aus & he wants to pay up front as he is in India.
Now I have never done accomadation scams before & having lots of fun describing the filthy rooms, how she can make extra money dancing in the bar & other extra jobs. View of the sewerage plant, etc. Anyway this guy keeps coming back & wanting more. He is way off script but came back with the 'I want to pay you in advance' line.
I don't want to bait for $'s (& it's against Eater policy).
Is there a bogus account in the tools that I can give him? I'm not sure if he will accually send money. Maybe he'll send more via cheque & want the excess back. I don't know......Yet?
Just wanted to be prepared with some type of bank account? Should I just make up a totally imaginary bank & account that won't work?
What do you think? Any suggestions appreciated?
Thanks
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
I dont have anergy for all this shit anymore, i have been doing this for the past 9years of my life wiithout any problems about any of my accounts so i really do not know how to handle this situation anymore. - Lauar - 2 Piggies!(first complete bait).
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He has no intention of sending any real money. These scams are almost invariably fake check scams. He will want to send the check for the apartment, but will tell you that he is sending extra and he wants you to forward the rest to her travel agent/school/furniture store/personal psychic/whatever. From there it's just a classic fake check/overpayment.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Dorothy,
I thought that might be the case. He hasn't said he would send a cheque though & keeps wanting a bank account. (about 4 times now).
Just thought I'd check.
If it does come to cheques that is fine. I can have fun with him & keep the cheque as a trophy (not banking it of course).
I just get the feeling he is headed somewhere else continuing with the account demands.
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
I dont have anergy for all this shit anymore, i have been doing this for the past 9years of my life wiithout any problems about any of my accounts so i really do not know how to handle this situation anymore. - Lauar - 2 Piggies!(first complete bait).
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does the asshole have your real life information? If he does, drop him. You can always post his information here (with headers and the original email), and others can have a crack at him. Or you can bait him from a fake email account. We have check baiters that specialize in this sort of thing.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If he wants a bank account, again it'll only be to flash with stolen money (from a phished online bank account), so just like the cheque, it'll be reversed once you've withdrawn the money, then debt, doom and dismal overdraft fees...

If talking about payments goes along the line of him sending you more than the deposit/rent/whatever so you can send the balance to a third party via western union, well that's proof positive. You would then propose that if he's so keen on WU/MG that he sends the payment that way to you. Then hear the excuses start flying

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I bait 'Room for Rent' Scammers and Dorothy has described what happens with every one of them.

If you post the opening mail that you have received -(as per Pastor Frank)- I'll certainly bait him to see if he has some other angle on the scam.

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It could be that he is only asking for a bank account from you to test your compliance to his scam. He may not even check to see if it's real. This is what happens in a lot of check scams. So, you could just send him all fake details of your fake "credit union that does not accept overseas transfers."
Focus on getting your money from him, and I'm sure he will send a fake check. Since you are a Premium Member, take advantage of our dropbox to receive your check from the lad. If the location of the dropbox causes problems, stall the lad a bit and work into your bait that you are visiting a family member for whatever reason you feel like telling him. You can pick up his check there at your family member's house. Oh, no! Something happens, and you could be in for an extended stay there! You can ask the dropbox holder to scan your check and email the scan to you, or pay postage and the check can be sent to you, with FAKE written all over it.
Don't have the check sent to your real life address at home or work, or to a friend's house. Don't forget, these guys are criminals, and they could have people nearby you that work with them. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to you all for your advice - much appreciated.
They don't have my personal data - all done from my baiting gmail account.
I have 3 of these on the go.
I'll try & post them with a header below fyi:-

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.224.10.199 with SMTP id q7cs49411qaq;
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:36:07 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.227.128.18 with SMTP id i18mr472538wbs.135.1287128165621;
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:36:05 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from n20.bullet.mail.ukl.yahoo.com (n20.bullet.mail.ukl.yahoo.com [87.248.110.137])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id bf8si10655998wbb.43.2010.10.15.00.36.03;
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:36:04 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of [email protected] designates 87.248.110.137 as permitted sender) client-ip=87.248.110.137;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of [email protected] designates 87.248.110.137 as permitted sender) [email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
Received: from [217.146.182.178] by n20.bullet.mail.ukl.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 15 Oct 2010 07:36:03 -0000
Received: from [87.248.110.119] by t4.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 15 Oct 2010 07:36:03 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp224.mail.ukl.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 15 Oct 2010 07:36:03 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 93556 invoked by uid 60001); 15 Oct 2010 07:36:02 -0000
DKIM-Signature: <cut>
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
b=OqHg/BiLW5iWImlwZpku29jJ4+bciTlW11Jnbvx6TdfvykE1
LczqwepZO8AUhoGIBbUDFOmufXJ4glVtydzOCT537v6SoZq/WqR
vTaY0aIlSwg7L3oX/wSL0QLTJlngtiiFu+Ej+aqKZ8psN3rMcuub3Vv
KYEsG1IAjIG2R9ttI=;
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG: u8Wzc.MVM1l_nSxLJmkDh4tw0XkKR60rmOQ0LHqUt0bxGJF
0GLM.El7XVznvUGLrg6nt9SyDASlGyr5MDHzWxU0g0L2EM9GNMKQFQ_UeQ7q
U9huaShQV7qQTxhMAmoDu0pBITxEg8h7y0bn5S4haeyM61fDgenh8oncd5ck
eWDrRhW.qqYBUOOqKdUnbpgrJ9rCbqS10wE6fXD1eVL_8w5RiB0w.sf.blK1
pjIau41kEOgs-
Received: from [41.220.68.4] by web29113.mail.ird.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:36:02 BST
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/11.4.9 YahooMailWebService/0.8.106.282862
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:36:01 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: New Message Received
To: bulldog felcher <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="0-948509556-1287128162=:92918"

--0-948509556-1287128162=:92918
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-193195466-1287128162=:92918"

--0-193195466-1287128162=:92918
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello
My name is Mr Mark,i am presently in India,

I will like to secure a place for my Daughter(Jennifer),which will be coming into the country in two weeks time and

she would be staying for a minimum of 7-8 months.

I will like you to give me an estimate amount for the accommodation,and i am also willing to pay one month deposit

to secure the place for my Daughter.

I will also like to know how i am to pay the one month deposit, well i will like to pay via bank transfer as am

having an Account with ANZ BANK, because that is the only way i can pay for the accommodation because i am

presently in India.

Hope to hear from you soon.Please email me on [email protected]

Kindest Regards.

Mr Mark

Hello,

Thanks for your email.Your apartment is a nice one and Jennifer really likes it.I really appreciate your fast response towards my first email.Let me give you a little insight of whom Jennifer is.Jennifer is 24 years old from India and she is studying in Nigeria as a paediatrician.She has rounded off her school and she is willing to come to Australia to work as a nurse.She is a social and fun to be with girl.She doesn't smoke nor do drugs and she can play with pets if you have any around.She would be in Australia in 2 weeks time.I would like to know how old you are also.Of course Jennifer has a working visa.

The bond payment is okay by me and I would like to pay for 1 month bond (please let me know how much that is) as soon as possible but before we proceed I would like you to also tell me about yourself and also send a picture of yourself as well.I have attached a picture of Jennifer in this email so you can also know what she looks like.Also I would want you to give me your phone number so either of us can reach you on the phone.Please email me your exact address too.Here is Jennifer's email address [email protected] incase you might need to contact her.

She would be arriving on the 30th of October and I want you to provide the account details below:

Bank Name:...........................
Account Name:.......................
Account Number:....................
BSB Code:.............................

I would be expecting your email.

Mark

The one below is the first one that has been going for a while now.
The other 2 are:-

Hello
My name is Mr Richard James,i am presently in India,

I will like to secure a place for my Daughter(Jennifer),which will be coming into the country in two weeks for her master's programme....and she would be staying for a minimum of 7-8 months.

I will like you to give me an estimate amount for the accommodation,and i am also willing to pay one month deposit to secure the place for my Daughter.

I will also like to know how i am to pay the one month deposit, well i will like to pay via bank transfer as am having an Account with ANZ BANK, because that is the only way i can pay for the accommodation because i am presently in India.

Hope to hear from you soon.Please email me on [email protected]

Kindest Regards.

Mr.Richard

Hello
My name is Mr Moses,i am presently in India,
I will like to secure a place for my Daughter(Blessing),which will be coming into the country in two weeks time to work as a Pediatrician....and she would be staying for a minimum of 7-8 months.
I will like you to give me an estimate amount for the accommodation,and i am also willing to pay one month deposit to secure the place for my Daughter.
I will also like to know how i am to pay the one month deposit, well i will like to pay via bank transfer as am having an Account with ANZ BANK, because that is the only way i can pay for the accommodation because i am presently in India.
Hope to hear from you soon.nice room, Please email me on [email protected]
Kindest Regards.

I can post all the emails if you wish to see. Feel free to get into them if you want to have a go?
All have daughters called Jennifer but different pics for each (of which NONE look Indian?
Cheers!
Slug

Fixed blowout - Branwen

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry Branwin. My bad!
Another I forgot to add (from different account) is [email protected] & [email protected] - for Mr Richard. Supposed daughter Jennifer - [email protected]
They are getting very pushy & desperate - still insisting on bank account? Tried for cheque to stall but to no avail?
Any advice for account to supply (or alternate tactic) would be appreciated?
Cheers!
Glenn

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No idea where your character lives, but I like to support the local banks. Wink

Clay River Agriculture Bank
Town square 10 Clay River
Name: Your character
Account #: TS0405789-23654

the rest he'll have to explain to you like SWIFT numbers and such.

You can always claim to live in the middle of Amish country Laughing

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Bill,
I'm in Aus & have already advised them that the new refurbed building is in Brisbane.
So you advise to use a real local bank & make up account details?
They are sending lots of emails so keen!
Thanks.
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
Javert
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it fine if I take a crack at them? I have some unformed, nebulous accounts. I could turn one into a "for-rent" account easily.

Thanks.

United Kingdom x16 Nigeria x9 United States x8 Portugal x1 Switzerland x1 Spain x2 Ivory Coast x1 South Africa x1 Ghana x1 x1 Australia x1 United Nations x5
Don't forget to donate!

Fake sites killed: 47
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Go for it Javert
Good luck!
Cheers!
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
Javert
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks!

United Kingdom x16 Nigeria x9 United States x8 Portugal x1 Switzerland x1 Spain x2 Ivory Coast x1 South Africa x1 Ghana x1 x1 Australia x1 United Nations x5
Don't forget to donate!

Fake sites killed: 47
devisonj11
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The [email protected] has been emailing me statighe i in the UK and has a house in my home town for rent. We exchanged info, he sent me pictures and my boyfiend and I sent him our application form. Unfortunately he then started asking for rent before thekeys would b sent and sad he would send pictues of hs wife. He sent picturesof a man and continues to ask for money. Now, he has our information and I have NO CLUE what to do.
Dr. Steve Forum
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi devisonj11,

If you go over to Scamwarners they will be better able to help you.
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PM sent to devisonj11

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic