SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Debt collection scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been getting calls over the past few years. It was a debt collection agency. First they wanted Dan Jones I didn’t bite. That’s not my name and I owe no one money.

It stopped for a few months then it changed to Mr Jones. It was a robo call and I press a few buttons and stayed connect for a minute or so. Just to have them get charged more for the call..

Well now its changed to just saying they are saying this is debt collection agency. It’s the number is 1 866 504 7050 and I am suppose to contact Mr Wilkinson. Searching the number with google says they people are saying you owe block buster money.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
The Commodore
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure how you'd bait this one. Sounds like it could be fun though. Try just reporting it with your local police, for a start? Maybe your phone company too?

Do you ever get connected with a real person?

--The Commodore

"i totally agree with you that those who use our trust against us must be punish so its good to be careful in how we live our lives.The equivalent amount to activate the account in US dollars is $2,372 USD." -Christopher Philips 10/2010

"My Dear Miguel my best advice for you is to make the payment before the bank closes in your country so Alan can finally free you and your entier family. Alan is not happy at all. Alan killed your cat as sign of death and to show you how hot and hyper he was. Am the only one who can cam it wicked spirit down, so that you and your family shall be
free." -Heritage Finance 11/2010
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I emailed our states AG about this. the oddest thing is I been getting these calls for years on and off.

I am just wondering about if this has happened to anyone else.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
cotton
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you try to get them on the line and get any information from them?
If you can do that tell them you don't pay bills by phone, they have to send it to you IN writing.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
The Commodore
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great idea if you want to pursue him. But since he has your real info, I'd be wary to do so. What I may do in your shoes is call that number from a throwaway phone or skype and pretend to be someone else. Set your character's address up near a 419eater dropbox, and see what he sends you? Gotta be a member first.

I might have a crack at that myself.... Don't have a throwaway or skype-to-land line account cuz I'm cheap though. Maybe that'll change.

--The Commodore

"i totally agree with you that those who use our trust against us must be punish so its good to be careful in how we live our lives.The equivalent amount to activate the account in US dollars is $2,372 USD." -Christopher Philips 10/2010

"My Dear Miguel my best advice for you is to make the payment before the bank closes in your country so Alan can finally free you and your entier family. Alan is not happy at all. Alan killed your cat as sign of death and to show you how hot and hyper he was. Am the only one who can cam it wicked spirit down, so that you and your family shall be
free." -Heritage Finance 11/2010
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are not alone.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-504-7050

Apparently, they are taking advantage of Blockbuster's bankruptcy filing; they figure almost everybody has a BB account and would believe somebody who told them they have unpaid late fees.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
1970Challenger
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Collection Agency Scam Variations:

Since many debts are public record. If a company you actually owe money to goes bankrupt, scammers can access that info and instruct you to pay them when in reality they have no authorization to do so.

Not all calls from collection agencies are necessarily scams. I got a new phone number a couple years ago that used to be assigned to some deadbeat with bad credit and am still getting calls from collection agencies for the debts of this person I never meet.
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most states require debt collection be in writing to start with. Here are 3 helpful sites:

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/

The one below deals with Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)

Quote:
If you are receiving robo calls, or think you are receiving robo calls that violate the TCPA, contact us for a free case review. We will listen to your experience and let you know if you have a case. If you have a case, you can sue for damages up to $500 for each violation and in some instances, courts can levy triple damages! Don't wait, contact us today! Fill out the free case review form to the right.

Quote:
A debt collector MAY NOT (despite what they say):

1. Contact a third party about your debt for any purpose other than to locate you.
2. Identity the debt collection company name to a 3rd party without being expressly asked.
3. Disclose to a third party a debt is allegedly owed.
4. Communicate with a single third party more than once.
5. Communicate or or attempt to communicate with you at inconvenient times or places.

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/tcpa-47usc227.aspx

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre27.pdf
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic