SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New guy- 3 Craigslist ATV sellers- need help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
thunderpimp
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

CL is being over-run at the moment with fake ads, selling ATV's and cars for ridiculously low prices....

I sent emails to 3 punters and got back 3 requests to ship ATV's from various locations around the US (after telling them I was in Texas of course)

2 are the same person (or are from the same area according to the email IP header lookup) somehwere near kansas. the other is coming in out of bucharest.

all of them have sent bogus ebay invoices to send funds through western union...

...and that's where i'm at. At this point I'm wondering if i should go ahead and send a bogus generated WU receipt, or what? I want to drag it out as much as possible.... maybe try and get one of those awesome photos!

little help?

Greg

PS the "ebay agent" to whom i am supposed to send the wire transfer has an address supposedly in houston texas- how are they able to receive the transfer, with a fake ID?
GoNadsGo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TP,

The CL lads can be a goldmine of bank account information ~ for Alans attention and closing.

The easiest way to get bank info is to respond to items that are priced above Western Unions single transfer level. From their Q&A page:

4. How much can a customer send money to my company through Western Union Commercial Services?

The maximum amount per transaction is USD $5,000. Local country laws may further limit payment amounts. See locations for additional country restrictions.

Refuse to make multiple transfers (i.e. 2 transfers of 4k). Alway insist on a bank account and supporting info. Report the account to Alan, wait three days (or so) and tell the scammer the account is not in service, you have the money ready to go, send new banking info...rinse and repeat.

No photo trophy opportunities available from these vlads.

Hope that helps, PM me if you like.

GNG

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Western Union does not need real ID to collect cash, anyone with the MTCN and secret question and answer can collect the payment.

As for trophies, very unlikely you'll get anything.

If the scammer is *really* in Kansas, you may be able to get the attention of Law Enforcement. Gather more evidence first, slowly but surely.

Craigslist and Gumtree etc are so chock full of scams I don't think they're actually fit for purpose any more

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your feedback! I'm somewhat new to this kind of fun, so I think i'm going to cut them all loose save the latest lad, and concentrate on him. I will continue to read the forums to hone my craft!

Thanks!! Twisted Evil
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great Smile You should at least read all the stickies, maybe visit the University and I'd strongly advise you sign up for a mentor too Smile That'll get you started soonest Smile

Welcome here!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic