SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammers have started to impersonate real authorities

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Infidel666
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Usually 419 scammers have presented themselves as fake persons. But a couple of days ago I got one on one of my instant messenger accounts who actually tried to impersonate a REAL high ranking nato offiser.

He also really tried to use this "identity" to try to boss me around. But before long I figured out what it was all about.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome! Sadly this isn't as new as you think, scammers have been impersonating real people for an age in order to extort/extract/steal money.

Really glad to hear you spotted the scam in time, and I hope you stick around here a while and find out what we get up to to extract petty revenge Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater, infidel. As mbl said, this has been going on for quite awhile. I can't count the number of emails I have received from the Director of the FBI, Robert Mueller. Some time back, someone posted an ID some scammer sent them that had the picture and hometown of former US President Jimmy Carter! Don't even ask how often we hear from the President of Nigeria. Very Happy

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

About a year ago we mass-baited a lad claiming to be Lt Gen Stanley McChrystal, commander of US forces in Afghanistan. The name in my second signature entry below belongs to a real Nigerian businessman. And then there is our friend Charlie Soludo, whom you will certainly encounter even if you are a casual baiter. He is Chairman of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Taking a high profile official job will expose your name, and it may used by scammers - That's basically a part of the job description. An occupational hazard if you like.

The ID-thefts that make me tick are the ones where a fairly unknown person has his or her identity stolen, just they happen to work in a bank or a law firm, and that fact could be useful or the scammers.

You can find an example of it here:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=188980&highlight=
That's a lad asking for torture and he gets it - Unfortunately there are more scammers, using this format Sad

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And then there are the lads that hijack a person's email account and send a "Help I'm Stranded, Send Money" format to everyone in their contacts list. Evil or Very Mad

I hope, Infidel, we have not made you feel foolish for your post. That is not our intent. I (and, I'm sure, everyone else at eater) appreciate you taking the time and effort to register and post your observation. What you saw was new to you and certainly is new to many people who don't receive a lot of scam emails or visit this site infrequently. You have done a service to many who are not familiar with the ways of these scamming scum. I thank you for that. Unfortunately for us jaded bastards immersed in this stuff, using real people to promote scams is all too familiar.

I do hope you stick around and help us dish out a little payback. Very Happy

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, infidel. Very Happy Around here, we use our "identities" to boss them around! Thanks for posting, and try bossing them around yourself. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the passport in the name of the US Ambassador to Nigeria:

(This is the real Robin Renee Saunders)

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Infidel666
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Raga Man wrote:

I hope, Infidel, we have not made you feel foolish for your post. That is not our intent. I (and, I'm sure, everyone else at eater) appreciate you taking the time and effort to register and post your observation. What you saw was new to you and certainly is new to many people who don't receive a lot of scam emails or visit this site infrequently. You have done a service to many who are not familiar with the ways of these scamming scum. I thank you for that. Unfortunately for us jaded bastards immersed in this stuff, using real people to promote scams is all too familiar.

The thing that made me want to share this particular incident was actually that he had me for a little while. Usually I spot these people right away. But this time I actually had to exchange a couple of messages on that IM client. Not so many, though. I will rather not share the dialogue here in the open, as it happened on an account that belongs to my real person. But I managed to get one of his email addresses out of him, so PM me anyone that might be interested in baiting the bastard Wink
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Infidel666 - I read this as you have completely dropped the lad - Very wise.

A basic rule here is that "personal involvement" spells "stay off" - Do not bait the lad, not even from a anonymous account. The main reason for this rule is that the lad has RL details about you and the remote chance that the lad would make a link between them and your baiting character is reason enough.

With that said - There are plenty of them, so stick around, read the sticky's, get a mentor and bait safe.

BTW - Welcome on board Smile

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
Infidel666
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chuda, the killer cat wrote:
@Infidel666 - I read this as you have completely dropped the lad - Very wise.

Yes, I just blocked him from contacting me on that IM, as soon as the bell rang in the back of my head.
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Yastreb - That's the one! That is Jimmy Carter's pic and his actual birthday and hometown. Amazing. Very Happy

@Infidel -
Quote:
he had me for a little while

If he had you, it is a safe bet others will be fooled as well. Hence, the value of your post. Thanks again!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic