SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Law and Disorder in Lagos

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sagat
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was an informative programme which i hope will remove the stereotype Lagos has. It is safe to step down there if you know what you are doing
Elizabeth1601
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It didn't really inspire me to book a quiet, relaxing touristic experience, but that's just me of course Cool

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A fascinating insight into the criminal underworld of Lagos. And all organised by gooners. Laughing

Gooner = Aresenal supporter in case you don't know. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Theroux is so unthreatening and unassuming people lower their guard around him, but he's smart and knows which questions to prompt with...

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

anyone see the skull and cross bones tattoo on the "second in command" guy near the beginning.
they said it was because he was a dangerous man, but i get the feeling he was baited by shiver metimbers Laughing
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't see any tatoo on that bloke, I thought they were just pointing at his chest Wink

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
TheLovelyJill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was a good programme, depicting the chaos that is in Lagos in some areas. What I want to know is where do 419er lads fit into the pecking order?

What we saw here was streetboys in gangs ruling areas and demanding cash. Are 419ers seen as above this because they can work a PC?

Your father was a coward and your mother a fagot - Barr G0ldsmith
You be jail soon let wait and see........ P0ntus
I no longer want to involve you in this transaction since I am beginning to see your cunny part.
i wasn't fucking gay until i married you - MM

- Trafalgar Square 2013
Golden Pith - Hector co-bait
Safari - Mr Ayo - Lagos-Porto-Novo (probably x3) "You lier. I will not for-give Because you waste my money. you lier."
Closed lad accounts x 236 Mortar Easter Egg 2011
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They should just arrest every Arsenal fan they find, problem solved. Wink

Where they put them, when they have arrested all the illegal shopkeepers, I don't know. Usual crap where the rich powerful and corrupt are untouchable, and the poor are rounded up in their hundreds, and what property they do have is destroyed. Louis never did get a straight answer when he asked about that.

I though that MC's PR guy that answered all the questions was very eloquent, though I'm sure he'd slit your throat as soon as look at you.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
TheLovelyJill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:

I though that MC's PR guy that answered all the questions was very eloquent, though I'm sure he'd slit your throat as soon as look at you.

Indeed, and MC is a good name to drop to lagos lads when playing oga Smile

I no longer want to involve you in this transaction since I am beginning to see your cunny part.

- Trafalgar Square 2013
Safari - Mr Ayo - Lagos-Porto-Novo (probably x3) "You lier. I will not for-give Because you waste my money. you lier."
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheLovelyJill wrote:
Are 419ers seen as above this because they can work a PC?

No. The lads are the bottom of the pecking order. Quite often, they willl pay protection money to the area boys so that they can work. It's also on the say-so of the local area boys (through their boss) as to wether or not they can work a certain cyber-cafe. There's some cross-over with area boys also working 419 and vice versa but the area boys tend to be the ones with the guns and therefore have more power.

The area boys can be compared to mafia footsoldiers working for the local crime boss. The lads are like local the businessmen who have to cough up cash or face the consequences.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
TheLovelyJill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ thanks, very interesting.

- Trafalgar Square 2013
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tend to SOOI's view. By it's nature Nigeria isn't a well structured society, and muscle will always tend to hold sway. I always envisage Lads as being the criminal element who wouldn't be able to compete on the streets against the 'corner boys' but, of course, everyone pays dues to those area bosses who control everything. However, I do imagine that there is also an element of cross over with some of the bosses controlling 419 closely.

Protection money provides the day to day living expenses but it would be a foolish boss not to keep a close eye on 419 operations that can potentially bring high rewards. I doubt that any Lad could do much in an internet cafe that doesn't get reported back to those in control and betrayal is one way to get ahead. Nothing is more important to a Lad than the friendships he makes at school, and his close old school buddies are perhaps the only people he'll ever be able to trust to any extent. To Lads, strangers are dangerous and they spend their lives avoiding disputes as even small ones can quickly and unpredictably escalate to violence.

Lads aren't all the same and they exist in a society with a lot of corruption where criminality is controlled by very powerful and ruthless people. I supect that's why Lads like to operate outside Nigeria if they can, not from fear of justice, but more from fear of other criminals feeding off them.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
TheLovelyJill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ thanks, also very interesting.

Good for getting inside the mind of a paranoid lad.

- Trafalgar Square 2013
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't seen the show myself, but I wonder if things are the same way in Ghana, or Senegal for example, as in Nigeria, where corruption is the norm. Or if the exception. Many people I imagine would want to generalize all of Africa as the same, and I know scams can happen anywhere, but you don't get many scams out of, for example Botswana or Kenya.

If you need me to clarify I can, still early morning for me.

EFudd
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

samisnake wrote:
anyone see the skull and cross bones tattoo on the "second in command" guy near the beginning.
they said it was because he was a dangerous man, but i get the feeling he was baited by shiver metimbers Laughing

That looked like a Gomer Boyz tattoo to me....
Laughing

"I HAVE WORK FOR 2WEEKS WITH OUT SLEEPING, BUT YOU COLLECTED ALL THE MONEY" - "unknown" man

"Who's this wretched irritant, stop irritating me bloody psycho?" -Michael C0llet

"are u nigerian just care to knw i need to make good money if u have contacts we can share" - Justin C4se

"I have come up with a good bank account.." S4mantha Higgins
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Louis should have been primed to ask on the streets about Mr Gomer.

When he was greeted with silence, he would have interpreted it as terror, like when he asked the shopkeepers if they paid money to MC.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Louis has a far greater understanding of African culture than he let on in the program. His dad has written a few books about the continent. I read one years ago (but can't remember the title) about the white mischief he equated to African aid and the effect it had on the population. It was a bit boring and I lost interest about half way through. Wink Mosquito Coast and O-Zone were quite good though.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The BBC only gave me a 1:45 clip where the reporter was in a middle of a shotgun fight. Intense. I read the article and I think it was mainly a gist of the video presentation.

Fiefdoms. "nuff said. I wonder where the fief of G0mer is? Festac? Obalende?

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
Scentless Apprentice
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For those outside the U.K. who have not seen the programme yet,
it has now appeared on You Tube in six parts - enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSirG2C8lzM - 1/6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-wGNHO5WyM - 2/6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mUOyC84_Mk - 3/6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_9VxHFF2to - 4/6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHfhmT4zKpw - 5/6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUa53HUesIs - 6/6

Winner: Easter Egg 2012 2012
Winner: Easter Egg 2013 2013
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for sharing, SA Interesting insight in the Lagos dolla chopping community. It's even worse than I imagined.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Master
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ah see i didnt do my homework and here it is.

I only got to watch the 3rd episode but it was very interesting.

How big is that church? Shocked

Safari it was all a big fuck of disappointed
you are the fooliest baboom!
Closed lad accountsMortarSand TimerSand TimerSand TimerTattooVcamera
You are dead MUMU!!!!
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, SA! I was looking for a legal way to watch that episode somewhere Very Happy

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aaaand it got deleted already.
Ninjas.

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
bait_my_hook
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

there are other places as others have mentioned Cool

a few things that struck me from watching;

1. we saw a lot of people (as in bottom of the food chain) trying hard to make some kid of a living, running a store etc. - but unlike our pets at least they were trying to make an honest crust despite being preyed upon, my heart went out to them
  2. the higher up the gang structure you go clearly the better educated they seemed to be
  3. I did wonder what was on that TV in the bosses house - that the BBC decided to pixelate out - did it involve goats? Very Happy
  4. very few kids around? wonder if that was deliberate BBC editing?
  5. would make good watching for any baiter who is worried about the ethics of what we do

what did others spot? and yes very informative

----------------------------------------
AMU NNA GI = YOU BIG COCK
Am not comfortable with this western union thing any more - Kelvin Smith
...i will get you down you asshole f*cking shit - Tom Bruce the hitlad
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^I had a feeling that wouldn't last long, the BBC doesn't like their stuff to be posted on Youtube. The episode is all over Usenet though Wink

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic