SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Response to my Craigslist Ad for a Room for Rent

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bettyb
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I am pretty sure I have a scammer. Unfortunately she already has my real name via the emails we have sent each other. The first thing that got me was she is a clinical pharmacist who is moving here from London. She had some weird grammatical errors that just seemed off. We emailed back and fourth on basic stuff, she didn't ask too many questions on the property, which was kind of weird.
No exact amount for a deposit to "secure" the room has been discussed. She has asked me to take my ad down already (another warning sign) and said she would send a US money order. I replied and said I was more comfortable using Paypal, and she replied with this:
"My uncle is the one sending you the deposit. I am sorry he cannot send the money via Paypal."
Her other emails were very friendly.
I don;t want to give her my address, but I want to bust this a-hole because I am pretty positive I have a scammer.
Amy advice on how to go about busting this person?
bettyb
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Her IP address is private
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater bettyb Very Happy . If this scammer has your RL info drop him immediately, it's not worth the risk no matter how small. Get yourself a fake gmail addy and start again with him from that one. Read the stickies, read eater uni and if you want apply for a mentor. Have fun & BAIT SAFE Wink

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since this scammer has your details, its rather simple. Drop all contact.
Ninja'ed by Conga.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
bettyb
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I dropped her. I sent an email saying I would only do it using Paypal, and that the risks were to high to do it any other way and good luck in her serch for a roommate.

Oddly I asked her for references and got a reply from a "doctor" and "cousin" stating she had a 4 year work visa, "so finding a job will post no problem." Terrible english and grammatical conjugation errors.
Oddly why would you have a 4 year work visa for a 6 month consultation job that you supposedly already have secured? And wouldn't your "cousin" know that? If you're a pharmacist, why would a "doctor" be your boss?

Grrr
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi bettyb - and welcome to Eater!

If you'd still like to 'do something' about this scammer, then you could post their details and emails over at our sister site, ScamWarners. That will help to warn other people. This forum:

Rental Scams

is the place for this sort of thing. Please choose an anonymous username, though, and make sure you remove your own details from headers and from the text of the scammer's emails.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic