SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Nigerian Man Sentenced

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A Nigerian man was sentenced Friday to nearly 13 years in prison for helping to mastermind an "advance-fee" scheme built on the promise of riches.

Sitting in Bridgeport, Conn., U.S. District Court Judge Janet Hall sentenced Okpako Diamreyan, 31, to 151 months in prison, to be followed by three years of supervised release, federal prosecutors said in a news release. He also was ordered to pay $1.02 million in restitution as reimbursement for victims.

Diamreyan, who pleaded guilty in February to three counts of wire fraud, delivered "numerous" bogus emails that falsely informed recipients he had control of a consignment in Ghana, containing amounts between $11.5 million and $23.4 million. He promised them a 20 percent cut if they helped him move the money to the United States, but first required they pay fees in connection with the transfer.

In total, 67 victims fell for the scam, prosecutors said. Diamreyan directly was responsible for bilking his marks out of $1.3 million. He used fake names and documentation to lend credibility to the ruse.

“This defendant and his accomplices preyed on vulnerable victims in Connecticut, the United States and around the world, leaving many individuals and their families in financial ruin,” U.S. Attorney for Connecticut David Fein said. “The lengthy prison term imposed today should send a strong message to others who intend to commit similar crimes — we will pursue these cases wherever they lead us and bring you to justice."

In April 2009, a federal judge in New York sentenced two Nigerians and a French citizen for their roles in a similar scam.

http://www.scmagazineus.com/nigerian-man-imprisoned-on-false-promise-of-fortune/article/178229/?DCMP=EMC-SCUS_Newswire

TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a thread ongoing about this story here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=190544

Please post on that discussion, WillEater. Very Happy

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic