SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam e-mail, craigs list, western union, paid upfront

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dent0n
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I am new here. Don't know really what to do with this information, but I came across a scammer. I must admit at first I've fallen for it (I've sent him my real data :/) but now I know this is a scam.

What should I do?

According to his e-mails I am going to recieve a payment through Western Union. Of course some sum will be deducted from the whole lot, and the rest is supposed to be send further - at that point I realized there was something wrong here.

I don't know what he/she could do with my data. Is there anything I could do right now to scare him/her off?

The whole plot was about cleaning the apartment for a nice salary, and I am currently unemployed and 'took the bait' :/

Found this on Craig's List.
Should I send you some details, his/her e-mail account so you could confirm it is a scam or nail this SOB? Wink

Cheers.
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he has your real details, DON'T contact him again from that address.

Get a new one that is not connect to your real life info in any way, then try baiting him here Very Happy

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
dent0n
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have any experience in baiting scammers, maybe you want his e-mail address?

It started like that:

I got information that you were seeking cleaning job, a copy of your email which was forwarded to me is given below in this email,just to inform you I am presently Looking for someone with a good character,good attitude and very friendly manners that will clean my moms apartment for at least 3 hours a day and help clean the house of 3 rooms(1 LIVING-ROOM,1 BEDROOM and 1 TOILET).

You will make yourself available for this service 3 times a week and let me know when this will be convenient for you,inclusive of your present city where you live,I would like to know how soon you can start as the service will be needed for 3 months.

lejia.

from that point it looked rather ok, so I continued to exchange e-mails with this person.
I kind of wrote to him in the last e-mail "419" - just that, don't know if I didn't scare him off or something.
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dent0n,

Go over to our sister site scamwarners.com too. They deal more with people who have been/almost scammed or any other scamming questions. Basically here we make life hell for scammers by baiting them, scamwarners may be more what your looking for. Good Luck.

dent0n
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Bart Fargo. I'll do that.

Maybe some day I'll scambait that MF.

Cheers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic