SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I'm confused. Any ideas?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MikeandLouise
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK today we got some forged Amex cheques sent to us.

The lad is using AOL and his IP points to Pretoria in South Africa.
The cheques were posted from Croydon in London.
He wants the money sent via WU to East Northport, New York.

We know some lads can collect money from any WU so sending his payment to New York is not an issue.

He is asking me to cash the cheques, rather than paying them into my bank, so it is clear that he is using me as a mule to cash them. That way when I get done for passing forged cheques, there is no link to him.

However we can't figure out why the cheques came from Croydon in London.

Either he has gang members in Croydon and he has contacted them and told them to send me the cheques, or he sent the cheques himself to someone in Croydon to then forward them to me, but if that is the case, I can't see why he would do that.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Closed lad accounts x7
Fake cheques collected = €3000, $2000, £4000

'Cheating is not in our blood as we Muslim’s besides it’s against Islamic law, it’s only Africa people that cheat'. - Mr. Saleem Al Farra

'What kind of game is this? I went to the bank this afternoon to cash out the Money, the cashier then told me that it was a fake payment. you make me look stupid right in front of responsible Men and Women'. - 0ke Edew0r
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
we got some forged Amex cheques sent to us
I hope he doesn't have your real address Exclamation

Anyway he does it, or has it done, he gets his money. They can make use of a printer and a mule that actually sends them to what he believes legitimate contacts of a company. The trouble is that when he has the WU MTCN number he can collect anywhere on this earth and there is no trace.

Have fun, but play it SAFE

EDIT:
Best play it safe and send the money by snail mail to the London address Twisted Evil He will be delighted Laughing

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In my opinion the lad only orchestrates things. He will advertise for a check mule that has a printer and check printing software or have the people he pays for fake checks make the fake checks or money orders to send to the mule in bulk.

If the lad pays for the checks, he sends a bulk amount to the mule for distribution to the victims.

Meanwhile, the lad is advertising elswhere for people to cash the checks. These people will receive fake checks or money orders from the mule not the scammer.

If you are located in the UK, your check was sent to you by a mule in Croydon in London.

Safari Prince otubor Kwabena - Accra, Ghana to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
SafariSafari Barr. Kofi Williams Lome, Togo to Accra, Ghana Safari (Wimped) Lome, Togo to Lagos, Nigeria
Safari Mohammad Tofiki Accra, Ghana to Lagos, Nigeria

Nigeria x15 Ghana x4 Malaysia X3 United Kingdom x54 United States x6 United Nations x2 Canada Spain x3 Ireland Japan Liberian Flag China Thailand x3 Togo Ivory Coast Switzerland
pyramid x3 Closed lad accounts x90
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As Buccaneer said, it's not uncommon for the check printer to be another mule, sometimes another unknowing victim.

The general scenario:

Lad is running 2 separate job scams.

job scam 1: the victim is supposedly an administrative assistant or a payroll clerk. Lad instructs him on what to buy, gives him account info and amounts, possibly even phished UPS or fedex account info to send the checks. Victim believes he is sending out payroll checks or accounts payable.

job scam 2: typical cash checks/WU money scam.

Lad's role: Buy the stolen account numbers, coordinate printing/sending/cashing, then walk away with the cash.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
I hope he doesn't have your real address

No, we have a mate with an empty house and he has allowed me to have things like this sent there.

Once he rents it out though I will have to get myself a PO box.

Closed lad accounts x7

'Cheating is not in our blood as we Muslim’s besides it’s against Islamic law, it’s only Africa people that cheat'. - Mr. Saleem Al Farra

'What kind of game is this? I went to the bank this afternoon to cash out the Money, the cashier then told me that it was a fake payment. you make me look stupid right in front of responsible Men and Women'. - 0ke Edew0r
MikeandLouise
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So does that mean that the person in London, who sent me the cheques, (which were in US Dollars), could actually be a victim too?

If that is the case then I could inform him/her because there was a return address on the envelope, in case it was undeliverable.

I didn't think about that actually when I told my police friend that I had got more cheques.
Maybe he could get in touch with Croydon police and they could deal with it?

Oh, in case you are interested, the bait for this is number 24 on my site. Scans of the cheques are at bottom of page.

Closed lad accounts x7

Nap Olean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The other possibility is that your lad has a lad friend in England....it happens.

Fake banks Waterlooed: x54 United Kingdom Netherlands Spain United States South Africa Canada Ghana Bahamas, The Nigeria Switzerland Italy Ivory Coast Serbia and Montenegro Belgium Australia Denmark Safari x4 Mortar x25 Closed lad accounts x4 Goat Easter Egg 2011
Alex Van Dijk: DEAR ASSHOLE, YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY TO VAN DIJK BUT YOUR LITTLE BRAIN THAT HAS MADE YOU A STUPID MAN DOES NOT CALCULATE WELL . I STARTED REACHING YOU ARROUND FEBRUARY AND YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY ON THE 25TH OF JANUARY. DONT U SEE THAT YOU ARE TOO DULL FOR THE FAST GAME YOU INTENDED PLAYING ASS HOLE F*** YA MAMA S PUSSYYYYYYYYYYYY HOOOOOOOO.
suckemsillysheri
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is not likely that the mule is using his/her own address. The lad will normally instruct the mule to send the fake check with instructions such as a letter to include with the fake check. The lad will also dictate to the mule the return address to be used on the mail. I doubt the return address will help for warning or arrest of the mule. There is a good read about stolen post / fed ex accounts here : http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=188753&highlight=sheboppe Having a fake check delivered to you is not something the lad pays for as well.

Safari Prince otubor Kwabena - Accra, Ghana to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
SafariSafari Barr. Kofi Williams Lome, Togo to Accra, Ghana Safari (Wimped) Lome, Togo to Lagos, Nigeria
Safari Mohammad Tofiki Accra, Ghana to Lagos, Nigeria

Nigeria x15 Ghana x4 Malaysia X3 United Kingdom x54 United States x6 United Nations x2 Canada Spain x3 Ireland Japan Liberian Flag China Thailand x3 Togo Ivory Coast Switzerland
pyramid x3 Closed lad accounts x90
Rick Shaw
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Croydon is not in London it is in Surrey. Did the postmark state Croydon, London because if so then they did not come from the real Croydon area but somewhere else.

YOUR MOTHER TOTO DID YOU UNDERSTAND.OTU NNE GI UNDERSTAND.

YOUR MOTHER TOTO DID YOU UNDERSTAND.BYE FOR NOW.GUY. Victor Owusu.

Take care little odd friend - D@ve L3wis

FOLL PUT THIS TO YOU FUCKING BIG HEAD. V1ctor OwusV

I never knew that a man who claim to have reputation could be so rude ,nasty and very barbaric like you did. (death cert faked) Dav1d Caruso

YOU ARE A BASTARD AND THE WORST AND WORST POOREST BASTARD ON THIS EARTH PLANET. GO TO HELL AND PUBLISH THE FUCKING PUSSY OF YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR FEMALE DAUGHTERS AND YOUR OCTOPUS LONG DICK. YOU SEE WEALTH COMING ON YOUR WAY ON A PLATTER OF GOLD AND YOUR REFUSE TO GRAB IT. M1chael Pyl3

Neither am i a nadger hunter Joe OmQ
MikeandLouise
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rick Shaw wrote:
Croydon is not in London it is in Surrey. Did the postmark state Croydon, London because if so then they did not come from the real Croydon area but somewhere else.

Yeah I know, I used to live in South Croydon.

But it also comes under Greater London because it's inside the M25. Do a Google map search for Croydon and you will see.

So although it is in Surrey, the postage mark has London on it.

Closed lad accounts x7

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey hey M&L,

The Croydon connection could be a mule, or it could be a confederate - perhaps a mod can take the address details as you know them and issue a warning (or alternatively take it to the Met?)

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Hey hey M&L,

The Croydon connection could be a mule, or it could be a confederate - perhaps a mod can take the address details as you know them and issue a warning (or alternatively take it to the Met?)

Hey Paddy.

I have now given the Croydon address to my mate in the Police.

He agrees that the address must have some significance in this scam, else it wouldn't be on the envelope as a return address.
Whoever lives at the address must know that some cheques would be sent back to there if it was undelivered for some reason.

That person will either be an inocent victim or a knowing participant.

I would assume that the address is actually the person that sent the cheques in the first place.

Either way, Croydon Met can deal with that part.
In the mean time I'm going to send the lad to Security Shield lol

Closed lad accounts x7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic