SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How to tether a ZTE Racer smartphone to Vista laptop

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pi_eyed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is item 1 of 1 in the series

'Pi_eyed's how to do stuff.' which will probably end at item 1.

I got one of these budget android smartphones for my birthday last month.

They had only been out in UK since July.

The phone gives a lot of connectivity value for your money but no support software in the box.

I do recommend it for the price but an i4 it definitely ain't.

I recall back in the day... . That is GSM and GPRS days you might purchase a Nokia 6xxx series phone and it came with software on a disk which would first of all allow synchronisation and file swapping between PC and phone and secondly allow you to connect your PC to the internet using the modem in the phone.

However it now appears that in the manufacturer's haste to get modern smartphones onto the market there is neither boxed nor internet support. Only the bare bones instruction manual.

I wanted to use this phone's 3g capabilities to connect my laptop to the internet.

It took a few hours of research and piecing together of info to finally pull this off. But there are no techie achievements in this. It is plain and simple research and deduction.

I have many times cursed the '3' network and ZTE for making this dinosaur descend so deep into the dark depths of geekism. They should really provide more support for their products and customers than this.

I have put together a procedure which involves a motley collection of software, DIY scripting and changing of browser and phone settings.

It is cumbersome, ugly and amateurish. But it works.

From what I can gather there is no chance whatsoever that following this procedure can damage or 'brick' you phone.

However, please bear in mind that this is only proven for a ZTE Racer phone with a USB connection to a Vista SP 2 laptop.

I cannot guarantee it for anything else, but I swear it works today.

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/7825/tetherazteracerwithwind.pdf

Any questions please don't hesitate but I cannot guarantee a satisfying answer.

Next week. Starting up a tropical fish tank.
Shocked

YES, I INTEND TO BE A COMPLETE TOSSER
Godwin Eluwa

HERE IS MY ERECT LINE YOU CAN RING ME ANY TIME @ +229 xxxxxxx
-British High Commission

My tel is a special comforwarded line and there is no way it will not ring globaly.
-Bainoo

Why are you referring me as Barrister Buttplug to discredit me? Is it because this name appears on every email I send to you.
-Guess who

Safari Tosser Johnson. A Tosser's Tale Lagos-Cotonou Safari Lagos-Lome Sand Timer

United Kingdom x 26 Malaysia Ghana Ivory Coast South Africa Cellphone x 9 Closed lad accounts x mucho Easter Egg 2013
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic