SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

1 in 10?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BjornYesterday
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just seen this linked from Twitter:
http://www.onlineschools.org/blog/try-online-dating
Number 6 instantly made me think of this forum... if that's true then there are 2 million scammers on Eharmony and 1.5 million on match.com!
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's an amazing amount but I don't think it's that many individuals. Many love scammers have multiple accounts.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
BjornYesterday
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Good point. Still a lot of crap to wade through if you are genuine though!

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What I learned from running a few dating sites.
They make a user, find a few victims and "talk" them into chatting on IM, ICQ or what they prefer, they never use that account again. Actual log in time there less than 30 minutes.
Next time (after a few hours sometimes) they just make a new user, that's where the high numbers come from, unused accounts.

When they change IP you have a hard time keeping them out. But that are the "cheap" ones.

The hard time scammer might be on that site for ever, some make it even into the staff and they rely on their "good name" to catch victims.
They still chat on another program with their victims to make sure that they can't be traced. Bringing those down is a long and boring job as victims blame themselves and usually are to broke to even have a computer.

Yeah, people, aren't they interesting to watch Smile Crying or Very sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic