SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BjornYesterday
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was thinking of posting my first bait, then my mentor suggested the same thing so here we go!
Initial contact was the same first email as here, except that Stephanie is now Becky and she just requires 'assistance' rather than 'urgent assistance'. I guess after nine months anything loses its urgency...
Anything in bold and/or underlined is as per original emails, anything in red is my comments.

So I responded to the initial email:
Quote:

Sent: Sat, Jul 10, 2010 1:10 am
Subject: Re: Please i need your assistance

Dear Becky,
I was so sorry to hear of your problems. It is truly astonishing how wicked people can be to their fellow man. Please let me know how I can help,
Your friend,
Mary H1nge

Five days later, I got the same 2nd email as in the link above. Hey, if it ain't broke... Only difference was there was no photo, I should have picked 'her' up on that but have only just spotted it. I responded:
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 16, 2010 10:49 pm
Subject: Re: Waiting to hear from you for more discussion

My dearest Becky,
I am a Christian lady from Florida in the United States and I am sure that with God's help we can resolve your situation. Let me know what I need to do to help you.
Your friend,
Mary

Slight departure from the script next time...
Quote:

Sent: Sat, Jul 17, 2010 9:35 am
Subject: Thanks and God bless you, I am waiting to hear from you

Dearest Sister Mary

My heart is full of joy to hearing from you once again because i have been worried over your dealay bit of a cheek, after taking five days to reply to me... from hearing from you and i appreciate with thanks and joy in my heart and I wish this day brings you all that is very best, Peace, Joy, Happiness, Prosperity, Plentitude with blessing .

My dear Sister i am really in difficult and bad situation since the death of my late father my uncle started threatning my life because of this fund my father deposited in the bank here and for this reason i will like you to do your best to help me with the transfer of this fund to your account.
I am happy that you are a christain and i am also a from a christain family and i know God will see us through in this transfer.

the rest was virtually identical to the 3rd email on the link, except that "your account in china" becomes just "your account". She could have left it in, I was losing the will to live by that point anyway.

This time she did enclose a photo... the same one as "Idi" got with his second mail. I feel so special.
So, I emailed the bank and my new friend:
Quote:

Sent: Tue, Jul 20, 2010 8:58 pm
Subject: Transfer for Miss Becky k0ulibaly

To whom it may concern,
I have been asked to contact you on behalf of the above named, Miss Becky k0ulibaly, to transfer a sum into my account. Please advise how this transaction will work,
Yours,
Mary H1nge

and…

Sent: Tue, Jul 20, 2010 9:01 pm
Subject: Re: Thanks and God bless you, I am waiting to hear from you

My dearest Becky,
I have just contacted the bank and will let you know what happens. Many thanks for the photo, you are a beautiful young woman and hopefully with God's grace I will be able to help you,
Your friend,
Mary
PS I have enclosed a photo of myself as well. I lied, there was no photo. Hey, what's sauce for the goose...

Response from the bank:
Quote:

Sent: Wed, Jul 21, 2010 10:58 am
Subject: EC0BANK ABIDJAN CI Your Full infos Required

(bank address and phone number)
To Proper of Attention of Mary H1ng always a good start, misspelling a potential client's name...
Madam
We write to inform you that sequel to your mails received this morning in respect to your fund transfer and as well as the instruction we have received from Miss Becky k0ulibaly who came to our bank and informed us to effect the transfer of her fund which is on a suspense account No. 001-0793320-33, amounted to the total sum of USD4.5 Million which is right now in the custody of this bank into your account to be received.

Sequence to this effect Madam, we shall need a copy of your personal Inter or Passport or National ID Card. For the fact that we don't effect any fund transfer without a proper identification of the person/customer.

This will certify with prove that you and your partner have officially agreed to transfer this fund to your account as the legal, lagitimate and rightful beneficiary of Miss Becky k0ulibaly s fund to enable us to effect your fund free transfer to your account number.

You are also advised to send the following information to us as required.

1. Full name.................................
2. Country.....................................
4. Telephone Number................
5. fax Number...............................
5. Bank account............................
7. Sex..............................................
8. Date of Birth/Age ......................
9. Occupation.................................
As soon as this is done then we shall proccess for the transfer of your fund to your nominated account as you demanded with the immediate effect under 48hrs.

With this effect, you must endeavour to comply with the immediate response to this regard.

Call me on my direct line +225 xx xx xx xx for oral discussion in this respect.

Cordially yours

Dr. Am1ne Tur3
Foreign Remittance Director (EC0BANK ABIDJAN CI)

And a couple of hours later, Becky’s back:
Quote:

Sent: Wed, Jul 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Dearest Sister Mary
Wishing you best compliment of the day, i am very happy to hear from you today with the information that you have contacted my bank, my Sister God will surely bless you for all your efforts and your assistance.
I am really worried because i dont have rest of mind here since my parents died but i trust in Almighty God the very soon my sorrows will be wiped away.
My Sister i am trusting you with all my heart in this because your fears the Lord so i am happy that you have contacted the bank so i will wait to hear from you as soon as they reply your mail for me to know what to do.
I did not recieve your Photo so please send it again and also give me your telephone number.
I will be waiting to hear from you
Thank you and God bless you
Miss Becky k0ulibaly

To the bank and Becky:
Quote:

Sent: Thu, Jul 22, 2010 4:55 pm
Subject: Re: EC0BANK ABIDJAN CI Your Full infos Required

My details are as follows:
1. Full name.................................Mary Alice H1nge
2. Country....................................United States of America
4. Telephone Number....................(1)206-xxx-xxxx from K7, naturally
5. fax Number...............................None
5. Bank account...........................Yes
7. Sex..........................................Female
8. Date of Birth/Age .....................2/25/40 (70 years)
9. Occupation...............................Retired

ID enclosed as requested,
Yours,
Mary H1nge

Sent: Thu, Jul 22, 2010 4:57 pm

My dearest Becky,
I have just emailed the bank with all the details they need, apologies for the photo not coming through properly, hopefully with God's grace it will work this time. My telephone number is (1)206-xxx-xxxx, however it may go to voicemail as I find it difficult getting around the house so cannot always answer in time.
Your friend,
Mary

Renamed DLLs enclosed with both. Let’s see what they make of them…
Quote:

Sent: Thu, Jul 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Dearest Sister Mary
I am happy to recieve your mail and i thank you for the information that you have contacted my bank and i know and believe that with God this transaction will be concluded very soon so that i can leave this country to come to US to have peace of mind because right now i am worried but i trust in the lord.

I would have love to call you on phone but you said that you are not arround most of the time so i will prefer if you can give me your mobil number to get you any time i call.
Still you picture i can not be able to open it because the system says that thier is no image in it maybe you made mistake as you attaching it so please still try again.
I am happy for your efforts and my prayer is that God will grant us favour to be able to finalise this transfer very soon.
I will be waiting to know your arrangement with the bank.
Thanks and God bless you
Your little Sister
Becky

And...
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 23, 2010 12:44 pm
Subject: Re: EC0BANK ABIDJAN CI

To the Proper Attention of Mrs Mary Alice H1nge

Madam,

We wish to acknowledge your mail with it's contents noted this morning.

We write to acknowledge your mail message to this bank this morning with it's contents duly noted with understanding with your information with detailed information as confirmed but we could not found your account number as required which is mostly needed for the fund remittance,therefore you have to confirm your account number to this bank
Sequel to your information received to this bank, therefore you are hereby urged and informed that you need to re-activate the fund for free transfer to your any of your nominated Account number

The fund being long in the suspense account has become dormant and thereof requires re-activation before it could be free for operation and accessment as concerning the transfer to your account.

Based on the volume of the amount involved, this requires the sum of US$650 to re-activate this account which is already domant and thereafter the fund transfer will be effective to be remitted to your nominated account as forwarded.

As soon as this is done then we shall proceed to proccess for the remittance of your fund to any of your nominated account with the immediate effect and under 48hrs you will confirm the Fund in your account.
With this effect, you are adviced to endeavor to comply with the immediate effect sending the US$650 to this bank for the re-activation.

Cordially yours
Dr. Am1ne Tur3
Direct line (+225) xx xx xx xx

Hmmm, there must be an easier way of doing this.
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 23, 2010 4:48 pm
Subject: Re: EC0BANK ABIDJAN CI

My apologies, my account number is 029481326. I am not sure I understand the $650 fee, could this not be deducted from the sum being transferred?
Mary H1nge

OK, time to get creative with Becky.
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Dearest Becky,
I am afraid I do not have a mobile telephone any more. I had one but was getting terrible headaches and my pastor told me they are used by the Devil to spread his evil lies, so I threw it away. I have received an email from the bank, although they are asking me for money which seems a little strange so I have contacted them to clarify the details.
I have rescanned and enclosed my photo, apologies for the problems this is causing.
God bless,
Mary

No attachment, which to my disappointment wasn't picked up on at all. Oh well.
Quote:

Sent: Sun, Jul 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Dearest Sister Mary
I am very happy to recieve your mail today once again.i can understand that you dont have mobile phone so there is no problem , It is just that i want to hear your voice and know each other more but i thank God for everything .
My sister please try to arrange everything with the bank with understanding because i dont know much about it and that is why i am trusting this in your hand.
I am happy that they are corresponding with you to transfer the fund so please try to sort it out with them amicably as my heart is to come to meet you in US as soon as the fund is in your account.
I am praying seriously for this and God will see us through.
I will be waiting to know your final arrangement with them.
Wishing you best of the weekends
Your Sister
Becky

A clarification from the bank…
Quote:

Sent: Mon, Jul 26, 2010 10:17 am
Subject: REC0BANK ABIDJAN CI, Re-activation fee

Madam,

We write to acknowledge your mail message to this bank this morning with it's contents duly noted with understanding to the mind that wrote along with your demand to deduct the Re-activating money to the said suspended account for free transfer to your account.
Sequel to this effect, we want you to note that every deposit made are normally made with a key word that stands as the security of the deposit, and in such manners agreement of deposit will be signed between the depositor and the legal department of the bank.
We do not have to go against the financial regulation policy as that may result in termination of your payment file. According to the financial regulation policy here and international wide because any fund that over stayed in the bank must be dormant and also must be re-activated before having access to it and this is international banking rules.
It's my duty to inform you about the rules and regulations here, the bank can only deduct money from any fund that is not covered with hard insurance policy, and the file report indicates that the fund is covered with hard insurance policy for security purpose, so it is illegal and prohibited to make deduction from such deposit.

Therefore, you have to comply with the legal clearance instructions and do pay the legal charges for the Re-activation($650)as stipulated by the Finance instituted authorities.
We vividly guarantee you that upon the presentation of the Re-validated legal charge ($650) we will immediately credit your Fund into your nominated bank account without any delay withing today and tomorrow,

We want to inform you that its your duty as the fund beneficiary to send the money for your legal frameworks as the money ($650)still remains yours as it will be credited to your account so you have no problem about the remittance as soon as you send the money then we will give you a form to fill.

You can ahead to send the money by Westion Union for rapidity through the name of your partner Miss Becky k0ulibaly and ask her to bring it along to this bank for the Re-activation of the account after which we shall effect the transfer, this should be done with the immediately effect.
As soon as this is done then we shall proceed to proccess for the remittance of your fund to your nominated account with the immediate effect under 48hrs you will confirm the Fund in your account.
Cordially yours
Dr. Am1ne Tur3
Direct line (+225) xx xx xx xx

Meanwhile, Becky is getting worried. Also her Caps Lock key seems to be broken.
Quote:

Sent: Tue, Jul 27, 2010 10:40 am

DEAREST SISTER MARY

I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU SO I DECIDED TO WRITE TO KNOW IF ALL IS WELL WITH YOU.
SISTER PLEASE I AM WORRIED OVER THE DELAY IN THIS TRANSFER OF THE FUND PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST SO THAT THE BANK CAN TRANSFER THE FUND THIS WEEK BECAUSE I WILL LIKE EVERYTHING TO FINALISED THIS WEEK.
HAVE YOU HEARD FROM THE BANK ?
MY SISTER PLEASE I AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU TO KNOW YOUR FINAL ARANGEMENTS WITH THE BANK.
THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU
MISS BECKY

Bank first. Westion Union?
Quote:

Sent: Tue, Jul 27, 2010 1:30 pm
Subject: Re: REC0BANK ABIDJAN CI, Re-activation fee

Dear Sirs,
I am having some trouble finding a company called Westion Union, there do not appear to be any in my area (Florida, USA). Please advise,
Yours faithfully,
Mary H1nge

Then Becky. Time to get creative again...
Quote:

Sent: Tue, Jul 27, 2010 1:33 pm

My dear Becky,
Sorry for the delay, sometimes we have trouble with the internet here when the alligators chew through the wires. I have heard from the bank, they have asked me to pay them by something called Westion Union but I cannot find a company of that name so have queried it with them. I will of course let you know what happens.
With God's grace
Your friend,
Mary

More clarification from the bank
Quote:

Sent: Tue, Jul 27, 2010 2:10 pm
Subject: REC0BANK ABIDJAN CI, Re-activation fee

Madam,

We write to acknowledge your mail message to this bank which we have just recieved.
We are sorry for the mistake made because what we mean is Western union money transfer

You should send the money to this bank directly with the name AM0BI O5UCHUKWU. or to your Partner Miss Becky k0ulibaly
GUIDE OF PAYMENT
WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER COTE D'IVOIRE
ATTN: AM0BI O5UCHUKWU
(2)Then send to this bank the payment slip of the Western Union Transfer or other information as related to the transfer such as:-
3) Name of the sender:------------------
4) The control number:------------------
5)Question and Answer:-----------------
6) Name of the receiver: AM0BI O5UCHUKWU

Awaiting for your urgent information immediately you send the money then we can Re-activate the fund and transfer to your given account.

Cordially yours
Dr. Am1ne Tur3

Direct line (+225) xx-xx-xx-xx

Nope, still don't quite get it...
Quote:

Sent: Tue, Jul 27, 2010 4:18 pm
Subject: Re: REC0BANK ABIDJAN CI, Re-activation fee

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm still a little unsure how to make this transfer, could you explain it for me?
Regards,
Mary H1nge

Ever helpful, back they come...
Quote:

Sent: Tue, Jul 27, 2010 5:53 pm
Subject: ECOBANK ABIDJAN CI, Re-activation fee

Madam,

We acknowledge the reciept of your to this bank once again with your question about how to send the money.
Madam, this is very simple issue just go to Western union money transfer office and when you reach there they will give you a small form to fill
You will fill the form this way.
Sender - Mary Alice H1nge
Reciever AM0BI O5UCHUKWU
Country Abidjan, Cotedivoire
Question Mary
Answer Becky

Control MCTN number they will fill it by themself and give you and once they give it to you then write email to us and give us the information .

Awaiting for your urgent information immediately you send the money then we can Re-activate the fund and transfer to your given account.

Cordially yours
Dr. Am1ne Tur3

Looks like her caps lock key is still broken..
Quote:

Sent: Wed, Jul 28, 2010 9:06 am
Subject: Thanks and God bless you, I am worried please arrange this with the bank

DEAREST SISTER MARY
I AM VERY HAPPY TO READ YOUR MAIL TODAY AND I UNDERSTAND THE REASON FOR YOUR
REPLYING LATE. MY DEAR YOU KNOW THAT I AM WORRIED AND THAT IS WY I LIKE TO HEAR
FROM YOU EVERYTIME.
PLEASE ASK THE BANK WHAT THEY MEAN BY WESTION UNION BECAUSE I NEVER HEARD ABOUT
IT ONLY WHAT I HEAR IS WESTERN UNION.
MY SISTER PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST TO ARRANGE EVERYTHING WITH THE BANK TODAY PLEASE
I KNOW THAT GOD IS WITH US AND I KNOW SUCCESS IS ON OUR WAY.
ASK THE BANK HOW TO SEND THE MONEY PLEASE AND TRY YOUR POSSIBLE BEST MY SISTER
BECAUSE YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE .
I AM PRAYING FOR YOU MY SISTER AND GOD WILL REWARD YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE.
I AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU
YOURS FRIEND
MISS BECKY

Looks like the bank are getting impatient..
Quote:

Sent: Wed, Jul 28, 2010 2:41 pm
Subject: ABIDJAN CI, your inquiry.

Madam,

We acknowledge the reciept of your to this bank once again with your question about how to send the money.
Madam, this is very simple issue just go to Western union money transfer office and when you reach there they will give you a small form to fill
You will fill the form this way.
Sender - Mary Alice H1nge
Country United states
Reciever AM0BI O5UCHUKWU
Amount $650
Country Abidjan, Cotedivoire
Question Mary
Answer Becky

Control MCTN number they will fill it by themself and give you and once they give it to you then write email to us and give us the information .

Cordially yours
Dr. Am1ne Tur3

And so is Becky. Shouting won’t help.
Quote:

Sent: Thu, Jul 29, 2010 1:48 pm
Subject: I AM WORRIED SISTER PLEASE GET BACK TO ME

DEAREST SISTER MARY
WHAT IS HAPPENING THAT I COULD NOT HEAR FROM YOU ? DO YOU HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION PROBLEM AGAIN OR WHAT.
I AM FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO SLEEP NOW BECAUSE I AM WORRIED AND I DONT HAVE REST OF MIND.
PLEASE SISTER TRY TO LET ME KNOW YOUR ARRANGEMENT WITH MY BANK BECAUSE I CALLED THEM AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU.
MY SISTER PLEASE DO YOU BEST TO GIVE ME REST OF MIND AND GET BACK TO ME.
WITH MY ENDLESS LOVE FOR YOU
YOUR FRIEND
MISS BECKY

Think of a number…
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 30, 2010 6:07 am
Subject: Re: ABIDJAN CI, your inquiry.

Hello, the payment has been made - the control number is 2863713284.
Hope this helps, God bless,
Mary H1nge

Hmmm, I fancy one of those cheesy trophies I’ve seen on 419eater. Let’s see if I can get one, shall we?
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 30, 2010 6:14 am
Subject: Re: I AM WORRIED SISTER PLEASE GET BACK TO ME

My dearest Becky,
I am so sorry for the delay, I have had to arrange a lift to the Western Union office as it is not so easy for me to get around these days. I have now made the payment and have given the bank the control number so hopefully we can sort this out soon and get you over here.
I have spoken to my pastor to see about accommodating you when you arrive and we may be able to get you a room. To make this happen they need some sort of ID such as a passport, so could you send me a scan and I will pass it on. Then we can make arrangements for you to come here! I cannot wait, it will be so lovely to get you away from the bad situation you are in, and with God's grace we will make it happen,
Your friend,
Mary

The number I quoted the bank turns out to be wrong. Whouda thunk it?
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 30, 2010 11:34 am
Subject: ABIDJAN CI, your Vry Urgent

Madam,

The Control MCTN number which you sent to us is not correct therefore veryfy it and send it back to us immediately with the scan form of the payment slip for us to recieve it and Re-activate the fund for remittance to your account.
Recomfirm and sent is immediately.

Cordially yours
Dr. Am1ne Tur3

They even sent the same email again four minutes later as a reminder. How nice of them. Meanwhile Becky’s worried. But at least she’s got her caps lock key fixed.
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 30, 2010 1:11 pm
Subject: I AM WORRIED SISTER PLEASE GET BACK TO ME

Dearest Sister Mary
God bless you for your kindness and you concern to help me in this situation and given
me a better future.
My dear sister i went to my bank to confirm if they have recieved the money so that they can re-active the dormant account and transfer the fund to your account but i was supprised that the bank manager told me that the control number that you sent to them is not found in thier computer system so they were not able to collect the money.
My sister please try to check well and send them the correct control number please because i am worried over this bad news.
Try your best to resend it to them today because i will like everything to be finalised today.
By tomorrow i will scan my passport or ID and sent to you .liar…
My Sister please i will be waiting to hear from you to know if you have resend it to the bank.
God bless you
Yours Friend
Miss Becky

Back to the bank. Hey, it must be the right number, it says so on this form!
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 30, 2010 5:58 pm
Subject: Re: ABIDJAN CI, Urgent

I am not sure why you were unable to collect the money, I quoted the number as stated on the form - I enclose a scan of the form so you can see for yourself. Perhaps the staff at the office mistyped the number?
Mary H1nge

OK, let’s try a bit of logic on Becky. The bank have mixed one thing up, surely they can mix something else up, right?
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 30, 2010 6:02 pm
Subject: Re: I AM WORRIED SISTER PLEASE GET BACK TO ME

My dear Becky,
I am most confused by this Western Union business, I quoted the number on the form and was told it was not correct. I can only provide what is in front of my eyes, surely? It is possible that the bank made a mistake, after all they have already called Western Union 'Westion Union' so they have probably mixed these numbers up. Anyway, I have now sent a scan of the form, so hopefully this confusion will soon be cleared up.
God bless,
Your friend,
Mary

After whinging at me whenever I don’t respond for a couple of days, it’s my turn to get the silent treatment, so…
Quote:

Sent: Tue, Aug 3, 2010 8:41 pm
Subject: Is everything OK?

My dearest Becky,
Now it is my turn to be worried. I have not heard from you for three days now and with all that you told me about your uncle I am most concerned. I sent the bank a copy of the receipt I got from Western Union, after they told me the number was incorrect but they have not contacted me either. Please call me and tell me you are OK, my telephone number is (1)206-xxx-xxxx, if you get my answering machine please leave a message - I just need to hear your voice hey, it’s worth a try – my poor old K7 box is getting lonely.. and make sure you're alright. Also please send the copy of your passport if you can so we can sort your accommodation out when you get over here.
With God's grace we will get through this together,
Your friend,
Mary

Time to let the accusations start. I’m not serious??
Quote:

Sent: Wed, Aug 4, 2010 4:50 pm
Subject: From your friend miss Becky, I am worried my sister

Hello my dear Sister Mary
How are you today, i am sorry for late reply of your mail because i have been sick so i could not go to any cyber cafe to check my mail.
Today after i recieved your mail and i went to the bank to know if they have recieved the money you said that you sent to them but they told me that they have not recieved anything from you but instead they were saying that you are not seriouse to help me
They said that the control number that you gave them with the slip is not existing atall.
At this point in time i am really confused about all this as i have told you that i want this transfer of the fund to be finalised this week.
My dear sister please talk to the bank and give them the right control number to be able to reactivte this fund by tomorrow or you can go back to where so send the money and complain to them about this because i dont know what to do now.
I am praying and i believe that God will give us victory.
I am waiting to hear from you
Your Friend
Miss BECKY

Naturally, it’s not my fault – must be the bank!
Quote:

Sent: Thu, Aug 5, 2010 1:28 am
Subject: Re: From your friend miss Becky, I am worried my sister

My dear Becky,
I am so sorry to hear you were unwell, so glad to see you have recovered.
I must admit I am getting very annoyed by this whole business, I have followed what I was told and given the bank all the information they asked for, and to be told I am "not serious" after all the effort I have gone to and having spent $650 and gone to town specially is rather insulting. I am sorry to say I do not really trust your bank, they seem rather unprofessional in their manner criticising me to you, I have been nothing but a good friend and a servant of God in this. How do we know they have not taken the money themselves? I will go to the Western Union office again and try to sort this out, but I am not talking to your bank if all they are going to do is badmouth me. I am not angry with you my dear, I hope and pray that we can sort this out and get you over here away from that uncle of yours. I will let you know what the Western Union people say,
Your friend,
Mary

Yep, definitely the bank.
Quote:

Sent: Thu, Aug 5, 2010 4:03 pm
Subject: From your friend miss Becky, I am worried my sister

My dear Sister Mary
I recieved your mail and i can really understood your expression of your annoyance to the bank.
My sister please dont get offended in this issue please as you know that everything that you are doing is for my sake.
If not because of me you would not be involve in this as you know so please try your best to sort out this with the Western union office in your country.
You can send the western union information directly to me so that i can go and pick it by myself and go to the bank with it by myself to reactivate the fund with them in my presencef or you can also give it again to them to collect if from there because they have western union office in thier bank.
My sister i appreciate all your effort please dont relent or get annoyed please let us put heads together and resolve this matter so that the bank will transfer the fund to your account by today or tomorrow.
I will be waiting to hear from you
God bless you
Your Friend
Miss Becky

Time for a new tactic. Let’s try doing it online…
Quote:

Sent: Thu, Aug 5, 2010 9:13 pm
Subject: Fwd: Confirmation of Western Union transaction processed via 5ecurity 5hield

My dearest Becky,
As I said before I was not angry with you, but your bank did seem rather incompetent so hopefully we can work together to get this done.
I have just returned from the Western Union office. While in the queue I was speaking to a lady who was also sending money to Africa, for someone in a similar situation to yours (in Ghana, is that near you?) - isn't that a coincidence! It really brought home how many people are living in terrible situations, how blessed I am to be living in America and it strengthened my resolve to help you out, with God's love on our side. The staff there were very helpful. They have cancelled the original transaction for me and set up a new one, however rather than relying on hard to read numbers on forms this is all done online. The lady sending money to Ghana has used it and says it is much better than the old system. I've forwarded the email they sent me, so if you follow the instructions you will be able to get to the $650.
Let me know when you have retrieved the money so we can start planning for you to come here - speaking of which, did you manage to scan a copy of your passport? Then I can start getting your accommodation sorted. I am so looking forward to sorting all this out and getting you away from that evil uncle of yours.
God bless,
Your friend
Mary

To: Mary H1nge <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Aug 5, 2010 2:54 pm
Subject: Confirmation of Western Union transaction processed via 5ecurity 5hield

Dear Mary H1nge,
Thank you for using 5ecurity 5hield, the new safe, secure method of processing online transactions. Your Western Union transaction for Becky K0ulibaly has been processed and is available to collect from the address below.
Go to :http://5ecureptv.info
Enter the following access code : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Answer the simple questions and the funds will be released - it really is that easy!
Thank you once again for using 5ecurity 5hield and have a nice day!
Bill Lumbergh, 5ecurity 5hield Support

So, all I needed to do was sit back and wait for Becky to log on and collect her $650. It took a couple of days, then… bingo! I’d set it to ask 20 questions then produce a system error as it struck me that I didn’t have the most industrious lad on my hands. Turns out I was right – just 12 questions answered?
Quote:
Session starttime: 2010-08-07 01:10:11(GMT-7)
Session endtime: 2010-08-07 01:19:11(GMT-7)
Answers: 12

Q: Have you used Secure Shield service before?
A: i have not used secure shield before
Q: If you answered yes to previous question, how many times?
A: i have never used secure sheild before
Q: Have you received other type of electronic transfers before?
A: i have never recieved any electronic transfer before
Q: Why are you receiving these funds?
A: i have never recieved any before
Q: Are the funds you intend to receive related to any criminal activity?
A: it is not related to any criminal activity
Q: Will the funds you receive be used for any criminal activities?
A: it can never be used for any criminal activities
Q: Do you have criminal record or are you being investigated for any crime?
A: i have never have any criminal record before
Q: Do you know anyone who is connected to organized crime?
A: i never no any body
Q: Do you know anyone who is being investigated for a crime?
A: i never heard no such execpt bin laden i have heard off
Q: Do you know anyone who has been convicted for a crime?
A: i never no any one
Q: What do you think is the best job? What do you think is the worst?
A: worshing God is the best job and stealing is the worst
Q: Do you think its important to preserve tradition in martial arts?
A: yes i think

Then it all went quiet again…
Quote:

Sent: Tue, Aug 10, 2010 11:20 pm
Subject: Please let me know how you are doing

My dear Becky,
I have not heard from you since Thursday, I am starting to get worried once more. I do hope you are not ill again, or having problems with that uncle of yours. I phoned Western Union, and they told me the money has not been collected - is there a problem with the site? They said it was easy to use, if you have any problems let me know.
Please let me know that you are safe my dear, I do worry so although I know the Good Lord is looking after us both,
Your friend,
Mary

That provoked a response. Do I detect a hint of frustration?
Quote:

Sent: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 5:38 pm
Subject: FROM MISS BECKY

Dearest Sister Mary
How are you today, I recieve all your mail but i do not really know why you are making everything to be complicated to me.
I dont really understand about this online transfer that you are saying because i am novice to this method of transfer by western union.
My sister if you relly want to help please be straight forward to me and go to the western union and get the transfer information and send to me by mail so that i can go to Western union and COLLECT THE MONEY.
I have tried the online information as you said but it is not possible for me here.
They told me that only what you need to do is to get the control number and the question and answer and other related information.
My sister please i am begging you to do it this way since you have inquired from your Western union and they said that the money is still there.
I am waiting to hear from you
THANKS AND PEACE OF OUR LORD BE WITH YOU
YOUR SISTER
MISS BECKY

Some lads answer hundreds of those questions, you answered 12. You know, I don’t think you’re really trying. And I still haven't had my troph... er, passport scan.
Quote:

Sent: Thu, Aug 12, 2010 6:05 pm
Subject: Re: FROM MISS BECKY

My dear,
I am NOT trying to make things complicated, it seems that it is the other way round! I have already tried sending it the usual way but due to the incompetence of your bank it was not possible for you to collect it. I cannot keep going back and cancelling the money and retrying, it is a long way into town and I am an old lady relying on the goodness of neighbours to give me lifts there. I am only doing what Western Union advise, it's not my fault you and the people at your bank cannot understand simple instructions - according to their systems you logged on and didn't even complete the questions, so why should I go to any more effort if you cannot be bothered to complete the process? I have called them again and I will not be able to withdraw it for another 14 days so please try the site again, it must be easier than trusting the idiots at the bank.
I am also trying to sort your accommodation out for when you come over, I have asked for a copy of your passport and you haven't sent it, it seems to me you are not serious about leaving your wicked uncle and just want to have fun messing an old lady around. I am very disappointed, I had hoped to be able to help you but it seems you are not willing to help yourself.
Let me know when you are prepared to take this seriously and I will do what I can to help you,
With God's grace,
Mary

And that's it so far. Hopefully more to come!

Last edited by BjornYesterday on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
i can go to Western union and COLLECT THE MONEY.

That won't happen dear

Excellent baiting Thumbs up

Let's see what would he say after this nice slap Laughing

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well played, Bjornyesterday.
I especially liked the reason Mary Hinge hasn´t a mobile phone.

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Bjorn,

Côte d'Ivoire lads can be rather impatient, and intolerant about any deviation from their planned route to the money. So you did really well to draw the lad back to you, every time he thought about marching off, snorting and hissing about another little obstacle in his way. Côte d'Ivorian lads just aren't as easily manipulated as their Nigerian counterparts, and even getting one to manage a mere 12 questions on SS is quite an achievement!

I like your character Mary, who seems to be trying very hard, and is quite puzzled when things don't turn out to be as easy as she thought they would be. She comes across just like an older lady, too - I feel pretty sure that I've known people just like her!

It's hard to believe that this is your first bait - my first bait lasted all of four days. Well, actually I think my first half a dozen baits all lasted a good four days. It's very smooth baiting - well done!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
BjornYesterday
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! It is definitely a learning process, I'm hoping this one continues but I've got a couple of others starting up as well, so I'm sure they'll prove just as challenging. I've got a few ideas for this one if it carries on, perhaps Mary could bump into the lady from the Western Union office again. Maybe Becky would be a bit more attentive if she thought her $650 was heading off to Ghana instead...
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, I think you did really really well!!

12 questions is better than none, which is the more common result - lads really are *that* lazy! Stick with it Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice job, BY. I particularly liked this:
Quote:
my pastor told me they are used by the Devil to spread his evil lies

This sets the stage for two very useful things:
1. An Invisible Person of Power (the pastor) who you can use/blame whenever the lad wants you to do something you don't want to do. The pastor can also enter the picture later (if you want) under a new addy to send the bait off in an entirely different direction; and
2. Your character is a little whacky/gullible which is a great modality for justifying all manner of odd behavior.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
BjornYesterday
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Yes, the pastor has been mentioned a few times, lately he's been sorting out accommodation for Becky's visit to the US as an attempt to get a laughable "passport" as a trophy, so far the lad's not biting though. Maybe an email from him might spur things along a bit!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic