SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Western Union pickup

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MidlandBlue2010
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just wondered if somebody could help me with a question about Western Union pickups.

I am baiting a lad who has sent me Western Union details for a pickup with the "Receiving Country" as the UK.

Am I correct in assuming that, with an MTCN number, you could actually pick it up anywhere in the world (and so the receiving country being the UK is just a red herring)?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I assume the lad sent you an MTCN - Report it to the mods.

That kind of scam works the way that you will have to pay fees to pick up the money - but WU just doesn't work that way Confused

I recently had one of these status of the MTCN was "Picked up" - But still the lad wanted me to pay for picking up the money Shocked

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
MidlandBlue2010
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chuda, the killer cat wrote:
I assume the lad sent you an MTCN - Report it to the mods.

Thanks Chuda, but I don't think that it is what has happened in this case.

Rather, he requested that I send a WU transfer to him with the receiving country as the UK.
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you can go to the wu website and ck to se if the mtcn number is valid. At least that is what a lad told me after I sent him a fake one Wink

If it is real for sure report to a mod

To answer your question I think the sender can either specify a pick up location which it would have to be picked up there or they can not specify the pickup location and it could be picked up anywhere with the mtcn.
Why is the lad sending you a mtcn number?

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
MidlandBlue2010
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. I just wanted to clarify what has happened here.

The lad has a large amount of money that he is going to send me, and he wants me to pay a release/processing fee - standard sort of stuff.

The only thing is, he has sent me the details to use when making a WU transfer for the fees, and the receiving country is the UK.

I suppose he could plan to pick it up in the UK, but I just wondered if, when I sent him an MTCN (which, of course, I won't be doing) whether he would have to pick it up in the UK, or whether the MTCN can be used anywhere.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He can pick it up anywhere in the world. They love to use the UK as the alleged receiving address because it appears less suspicious than west African countries. But he'll have no problem collecting the money in Nigeria, Ghana, or wherever.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok that makes more sense. So I am guessing you are thinking for some reason he is not in the uk. If he sent you a location then that is where he is wanting to pick it up from so yes he is probably in th uk.

Like I said I think you can NOT specify a location when sending and it can be picked up anywhere but if he sent you uk the lad is more than likely in the uk.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ah thanks Juan good to know I assumed since they allways give a location that was important but apparently not.

Sand Timer Shortstuff

ChoppaOfDolla
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our fake fake reciept generators have an option to restrict the payout location, which at least implies to the lad that he will have trouble picking up the payment in another city. Whether not WU actually has that I don't know.

u got 12 hours to send the money remember no game u fuck face

If you like you can send $1 Billion to any person. But I want to tell you that I did not get even $1 from you.

Closed lad accounts x2
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@MidlandBlue2010 - Sorry for getting that wrong.

I use a little trick when lads specify a pick up location outside Africa - The secure transfer - Inspired by another bait.

My version of a secure transfer have a few thing being different from the standard WU transfer:
The MTCN can't be traced.
The pick up can only be done within the specified geographical area, UK in this case.
The MTCN is not really needed as all you need to is to present your valid ID to pick up the money.

My secure transfer is of course only available in the western world Smile

Lads go crazy about this, and I just tell them that this only to ensure that the money gets to you and nobody else.

Insisting on a secure transfer is a good step on the way to collect piggies Laughing

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I simply insist that I don't trust Western Union and only use MoneyGram. And since MoneyGram can't be traced on-line, I don't need stories and *secure* stuff. I save the secure stuff after I send my lads to MG a half-dozen times with the wrong MTCNs.

To the OP: As Juan said, the lads can basically pick it up anywhere. Some lads have friends who work at WU offices and they don't care about about it going to a certain country. If they have the MTCN number, 99 percent of the time they can get it regardless of what country it's sent to.

I'd suggest you go the MoneyGram route. Your lad will have to go in person to try to pick it up. It's very embarrassing for them when they are told the MTCN is wrong or they walk in with a fake form. Smile

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
ChoppaOfDolla
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course, you don't actually need the MTCN to pick up the transfer- you just need to show valid ID and you should be fine.

I must one day see what happens when I send details to a lad's fake name and tell him that I won't give him the MTCN because he doesn't need it.

If you like you can send $1 Billion to any person. But I want to tell you that I did not get even $1 from you.

Closed lad accounts x2
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^technically you are right. But since lads are probably using fake names, they won't have the ID.

I did try a few times to tell some of my lads that they didn't need the MTCN and only an ID. They didn't like that reply, and insisted to send the MTCN. I never pushed the issue so I'd be curious as to a reaction if it was really pushed.

ChoppaOfDolla
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
But since lads are probably using fake names, they won't have the ID.

I think the name of the "secretary" or whoever you ask to send the funds to is sometimes the lad's real name.

Now that I think about it, it was said in this thread that most Africans don't have a passport or other ID, so maybe that's why they insist on an MTCN all the time.

Of course, I much prefer bank transfers.

Closed lad accounts x2
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I definitely love bank transfers as well Smile Smile

But if I can't get that, I go MoneyGram. Nothing more satisfying to get an email from one of my lads saying the MTCN was not valid and how he was "shamed before all in the bank."

Actually, the phone calls I get when they are tossed out on their ass from the bank are the best Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic