SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419Eater Launches Scam Tracker

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

totally awesome I tell you, totally awesome.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Far out! jump_4_joy

ImageImage

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
throughtheringer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm new to baiting but i love the idea and already have several scammers i am practising on. I just wanted to know if anyone knows if there is a site that lists details of scammers such as user names and emails?
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ This site does.... visit the Surplus forum or simply PM Slightlyoutofit, he will be more than happy to help you out.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
SbLv007
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for sharing this info it will be very helpful. Very Happy
rogena34
**Spammer**

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great tool!

Is there a way for us to submit data/help in some way?

Delete long spam link - JF

Last edited by rogena34 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Rogena

This is a quote from Rover from earlier on in this thread I hope it answers your question

Quote:
Thanks for the kind comments. I'm glad you are all enjoying this new 419Eater feature.

@jimkeymaster - we have a team of Scam Tracker Editors that data mine the scammers information from, amoung other places, surplus and place it into the database. Our system geolocates the IP address and places the coordinates into a database. When a member loads up the map our system simply maps the locations onto a Google Map. (well thats basically whats happening)

@Badgerbait - We had to introduce clustering into the system otherwise it would simply look like a mess. We have now added the capability of allowing the user to determine the cluster size as well as the type of scam they are interested in looking at.

This will continue to develop. Right now we are not releasing the other information that we have on the scammers to the general public.

@conga22 - This is something we are working on. Right now we only have a handful of Scam Tracker Editors - if all the members of 419Eater start handing them information, they will be overwhelmed fairly quickly. As I'm sure you can understand every precaution needs to be taken to ensure that the data entered into the Scam Tracker is accurate, hence we are growing this system slowly right now.

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
fraudBuster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great Idea lets people see this global scamming network.
Trumpet600
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a first and will help many people from being fleeced...Good Job 419 Eater
Deadpool
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, i am new to this site.

I am currently in contact with a scammer claiming that she is one of my old teachers and has been attacked in morocco and that i have to send 3000 euros to her fast.

Anyone wanna have some fun with this one?
scambuster2016
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rover wrote:
<center>Image</center>

419Eater.com, the largest scambaiting website in the world with just over thirty four thousand members, has announced the release of a tool to chart the locations of scammers. This is the newest addition to their seven year old campaign to bring scam awareness to the masses.

The new informational service is called Scam Tracker. While still in its infancy, "Scam Tracker" allows members of the public a pictorial view of where internet scams are originating.

Scam Tracker uses Google Maps, giving the viewer a global picture of where scammers are operating. Viewers have the ability to zoom in and get more detailed information on various types of scams, including the Scammer's name and INTERNET IP address information.

A team of 419Eater members carefully review and continually update the information, which is collected from a variety of resources, including from actual victims of the scams.

In order to view the scam tracker simply go to http://www.419eater.com and click on the Scam Tracker logo.

Only thing bad about the IP tracker is most prob know to hide behind a VPN!
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Actually, relatively few know about VPNs. Just check a few posts on Scamwarners and you will regularly see IPs resolving to West Africa, India and the Far East, but the mail claiming to be from someone in the US or UK.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic