SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hello, and down to business

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BarristError
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BarristError, old internet soul, developer of those program thingies, and recent of discoverer of this "scam-baiting" term. Glad to find a definition for screwing the them.

So I have my first lad on the line, a UK Lottery Scam. He's using the names and addresses of actual people and places, clever form-mail. I've tried to come up with reasons for him to call me as many times as I can to run up phone bills, seemed a simple start. After 5-6 calls (to a Google Voice account, so we can be safe!) We have progressed to the point where he is asking me for ID and a Western Union transfer. We're not going to do that now are we? He wants 525 Pounds (~US$840).

So, after reading through the forums, this was my first real attempt to reverse the roles:

"Sir,
I need to inform you that I will be unable to make the payment until later this week, as I must wait for funds to become available in my account. As a dealer of fine foreign and domestic tapestries my sales have been somewhat slim during this downturn. However, I have recently received a contract with the government to provide custom designs for new public buildings here. I have been interviewing designers for the past 2 weeks. Once I have these designs prepared I should be able to provide the funds from the initial payment. I will assume this will take 1 to 2 weeks based on my ability to locate an apt designer.

Sincerely,"

Input is kindly accepted on this urgent matter Wink.
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi BarristError! Welcome to Eater!
If you'd like a mentor to help you get going sign up here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
Happy baiting!

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
dennispennis
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you forgot he needs to pass security check before you can send money.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103464

so much red tape

DONT EVER IN YOUR LIFE SEND ME A MAIL. I WILL REPORT YOU TO INTERPOL.

Closed lad accounts x3
Click here to support 419Eater.com
BarristError
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mentor assigned Smile.

While searching for my Barrister's info online I came across something interesting. They appear to be ramping up to scam the Chinese by 2038.

Blog o' scam templates
Vausey
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just started my first bait yesterday. Gonna try go this one alone and see how it goes... besides there's no mentors left at the moment! Sad

Look forward to contributing to this great cause and also having some fun.
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Not true! There are 6 open slots right now

Safari Mrs. CHIPIWA MAZIVA - Johannesburg to Cape Town - 1800 miles round-trip

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
Vausey
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gerald.fird wrote:
^^^ Not true! There are 6 open slots right now

Well they weren't there a few hours ago. Not to worry... signed up now Very Happy
BarristError
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, I got a call at 4am this morning from Barrister John Walsh regarding the email I sent him. Apparently the scan of my identification was corrupt, or for some reason could not be opened. (Note: if he ever made it through the crazy rar settings I put on the file, he'd find a picture of Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia. Check him out, he's a great neutral face).

So, he asked that I send him a copy of a credit card or other payment form so that he could start processing the paperwork. Also, he asked if it would be possible to pay him half. To this I responded I could get him the card information, but to pay him half I would need to have all the legal documents re-worked to indicate our agreement. We do want them legally binding after all, yeah? Our lad agreed.

So, questions:

His paperwork has come through with small errors here and there, like inconsistent numbers versus their spelling out (ie: four hundred fifty ($500) ). If he sends me stuff like this again, what's your experience with the usefulness of being picky on the paperwork? Does pointing out inconsistencies that don't actually exist work very often?

Credit cards: I've read sending fake identification is bad form because of re-use, totally understandable However, being that I've written software that authorizes CC's before I'm familiar with the first check algorithms used to generate the numbers. This means i can generate a valid Visa number, but there's no guarantee there is an account behind it. What this also means is that I can generate a number which is, without a doubt, NOT an actual account. Would using documents with that sort of information still be bad form?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic