SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Help with e-mail scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
supersandman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys,

I am new to this site and until this point I just usually string a scammer along for a week or two and then call them out and that is the end of it.

I did the same with this scammer calling them out and explaining how I know there scam better then they do (they list fake vehicles on auto trading websites and then try to get you to send them the money through ebay which of course is a fake link).

The difference with this is the scammer now wants me to help recruit what he called "poor people" who need the money and get there bank account information to deposit these funds from the fake vehicle purchases.

He has offered me a split where I give the "poor person" 10% of the profit, I keep 30% and give him 60%.

Of course I have morals and don't want to pray on the weak or innocent, but would love to come up with a way to get back at this scammer without profiting in anyway and of course without doing anything illegal.

Can anybody think of the best way to approach this?
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Super and welcome to Eater.

First thing: We do not educate scammers on how lousy they are at scamming. The worse they are, the better. While you may get some personal satisfaction on calling out the scammer, all he does is drop you and learn what you've told him to do a better job next time. It's far better to just let the lad think you've gone away ... or died ... or converted to a crazy religion, than to tell him you're on to him.

As far as this new scam, it sounds like a fake check scam, where he (or more likely a 3rd party who is the source of the check) sends you the check for you to deposit, and has you deposit the check, and then send 60% back to him while you get to "keep" 30% and send the 10% to a "poor person". Obviously, you get hit with the overdraft fees and possible criminal prosecution.

You can certainly bait this lad (assuming you are not using your real information in the bait), and there are many ways to do it. Here's a good place to start: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134337

Happy hunting.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
BorisAZ
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Take the advice given from the other member it was excellent. In the world of scamming you are not going to "beat" them, want to get back at them? String them along as long as you can obviously not giving them an ounce of real information about yourself, takes them time and effort to process each of your emails thus taking their energies away from potential "victims" that don't have the prowess or knowledge to "spot a scam".

Self admittedly you have morals and don't want to pray(sic)(should have been prey) on the poor, so PRAY for them as today's society is quickly accelerating downward and the Mayan Calendar's deadline approaches!
Shocked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic