SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Possible modality to get lads to drop victims?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last night, while sending insults to one of my former lads via gmail chat, I thought of an interesting idea. I'm not sure if it would work or if it could be counter-productive, but I think it was worth bringing up.

The idea: A baiter picks out a lad who is somewhat less likely to be getting baited by someone else (that is, a lad who isn't on the 419baiter list and who didn't see the baiter's email address on a commonly used guestbook) and sends them a taunting message along the lines of "Hey, idiot! I'm a scambaiter, and I am currently jerking you around under another name (or two) and you will never know who I am! Hahaha!"

Could doing this have a chance of spooking a lad into dropping a real victim? On the other hand, it would have a better chance of getting them to drop baiters--but if it gets them to drop a real victim now and then, I believe that's worth some lost baits. The problem is that baiters will always stand out more than victims, and there's probably no way to be certain whether they have other victims or not--or whether they've dropped any in response to the baiter's email.

On the other hand, it might not actually be effective at getting the lad to drop anyone at all--they might just hang on to all of their contacts, and either think it's not true or think that they can't risk dropping a real victim. Either way, it could mess with their head.

Another idea: Actually straight-bait them instead of just making it up, being careful not to expose them to any tricks of the trade (i.e. picture requests, S3curity Sh1eld, forms) and from another account, taunt them about it all the time--see if they guess who you are or not. If they ignore it, you get to taunt them about baiting them while baiting them, which might be very satisfying. If they guess wrong (much less likely if they are actually being baited, though) they drop a victim, and if they guess right, well, you get dropped. But hey, it happens. At least this way you're making it slightly less likely that another baiter gets dropped--but if you don't make any outrageous demands, and the other baiter does, then the lad's suspicion will still be focused on the other baiter. So it's not really a solution.

I love this idea, but there might just be too many problems with it--unless there's a way to be reasonably sure the lad isn't being baited. Are there any possible tweaks to the method, or precautions one would take that could minimize the chances of the lad dropping another baiter?

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Burning the lad usually doesn't help baits at all, in fact it will give the lad a reason to drop you and future baiters (if he can tell that you have not made the payment when he wants you to and this will have he immediately think the person is a baiter and will get them dropped quite quickly.).

This is not a very good idea to use on lads (it might work for some but for others it's educating them on what to look for when it comes to a genuine victim and a baiter).

I believe somebody brought up something similar with a lad being paid to "scambait" another lad but the same would still apply I would guess.

No hurt in trying but I feel this could risk educating them. Wink

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Honestly, the classic straight-bait followed up by some hilarity does the same thing, eventually.

If you start your bait with a lad straight, keep it straight for a while and then torment him, given enough time (for some lads 5 e-mails, for some 5 years), he will eventually twig. You've taught him the same lesson.

That leads to this phenomena:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187543

Which, in turn, helps out the vics.

Closed lad accounts x4

Mugu Dave: "I don't no where to run to, i have no boddy my parent are daddy please help don't let die"
Goodluck George:"many people call internet scammers has hacked and penitrate into your mail box"

Phil Taffee:"Note: Please note that Mr. Goodluck is not an asshole okay."

"GOD WILL PUNSH YOU ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE"

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
You're probably right. I suppose just straight-baiting them would have pretty much the same paranoia-inducing effect after a while. So much for my idea, then. Sad

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic