SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New Here, but have won the lottery etc!!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
v105
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Over the past few years I have had quite a few scam emails and usually delete them. Well, I was bored so thought I would have a bit of fun by making them think I was going along with it. Unfortunately my driving licence couldn't be scanned as it was having points added, my passport was due to expire and was off for renewal ready for my holiday to Colombia and my mobile was dropped so being repaired. I was unable to use a normal phone as my new mansion didn't have a line installed yet. Even after all those excuses and weeks of emails backwards and forwards I have now found myself at a strange stage of a scam. That is how I found this forum.

It started with "someone died and you're the closest relative". I agreed to help transfer money to my International accounts. I invented a false identity and bank details and location, I even checked I had put the correct sort code and address for the bank. That was OK, the scammer was hooked. I was referred to the name of a real charity but with a fake email address. The scammer was operating both email addresses as how else would this charity get my false details! When I said the email to the charity bounced so I got their number from a business directory and sent a fax he went a bit wild saying I must never do this without asking.
I had to send a fake driving licence so spent ages using Paint Shop Pro, adding a comedy photo and it was obvious it is fake, all details were false.
It was a bad effort so would be spotted instantly.

Everything went quiet for a few days and then I got an email with a scan of what looks like a real UK passport from the scammer. I also got a huge JPG of a money transfer certificate and a certificate to show it's not going to be used for terrorism or drugs. He now wants to wait until Monday before he contacts me again. I am just waiting for the bit were he starts asking for payments. No doubt it will be legal fees.
I did say I would pay for a ticket to meet him and he could take the money direct from the bank once paid in to the account. He wants to do that so I'll have to fake a ticket. A holiday to the Isle of Man tempted him.

It's good fun so far and I am picking up more tips as I go along. My main aim is to waste as much time as possible for the scammer and to get them to pay out lots of money - just to annoy them.

I give one scammer my "0800 free number". It was the anti-terrorist hotline in London. The stupid person sent an email back saying he left a message but couldn't understand what the woman was saying!!!!!

I can see I am going to have fun on this forum.
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi v105!
Welcome to Eater!
Please read all the stickies and head over to Eater University. If you would like a mentor, sign up here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reading that it seems you were involving ITP's (Innocent Third Party) in your bait.

We do not involve ITP's in our bait.

Here, you gave a number of an ITP.

Safari Mrs. CHIPIWA MAZIVA - Johannesburg to Cape Town - 1800 miles round-trip

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here, v105. Very Happy A lot of people start baiting without knowing that is has a name and that we have groups like this. Glad to have you here.

As gerald.fird mentioned, we don't give out phone numbers to any real place/person as it ties up their time needlessly. Also, we don't encourage sending fake ID's to scammers, they re-use them on victims. Yes, I'm sure it looked silly to you but someone in another country who doesn't speak English probably wouldn't catch the humor if the scammer didn't. We have tons of ways that we avoid sending ID as well as tools and information that will enable you to really have some fun here.

Please read around and feel free to ask any questions. As Fartina pointed out, we have a mentor program so you can be paired up with an experienced baiter and get one on one help if you'd like.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I had to send a fake driving licence so spent ages using Paint Shop Pro

Apart from being against our guidelines, it's also a waste of your time. I've mass baited Lotto Lads and never sent any ID. Baiting is a case of using mind power to make your Lad do what you want - not vice versa.

I also never fill in any of their silly forms. You can waste ages on them as well. I just have some pre-written templates giving fake personal details and I just copy and paste them into the body of the mail. I don't even check if the info I supplied is more or less than they want.

Uusually they don't push too hard for ID but, if they do, I say UK passports are chip and pin and that they'd better send me a chip reader if they insist on that. I don't know what I mean and Lads certainly don't judging by some of the replies I get, but it works fine.

There are many other ways round the ID demand. Tell them you posted it and say you want them to promise to return it once they've viewed it. Very Happy

Part of the fun to me is to tell them the most outrageous lie, knowing they have to swallow it. Their tactic is designed to test the compliance of a victim and to get them to become obedient. It's psycholigically intimidating so it's satisfying to duck every time they try to find you things to do. It's why we like to find things for scammers to do. Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
penfold
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My way to get round the ID thing is to tell them it's a criminal offence to copy passports and drivers licences and send that copy out of the country (I believe it is in fact an offence to colour copy a passport anyway). Up to now they haven't insisted.

I certainly wouldn't send them anything they've sent me to complete because they obviously don't want it back anyway. I do the DLL trick and they have all, without exception, said thank you and we carry on with the modality.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some good advice there! I am still wading through the many posts on the forum. I did look in the picture and video gallery and some of the things the scammers do are really funny!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic