SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first attempt at scambaiting.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JadedTech
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I learned of this site a few years back and got a great howl out of it.

Two days ago I got a spam message and thought...what the heck, let's see what I can do.

Having my own having my own hosting account, I created a new domain name and privately registered it.

So, despite this idiot scammer completely ignoring the different email address, I am documenting everything I do on my blog at http://jadedtech.com. Obviously omitting any connecting details (like either the email address myself or the scammer is using).

Here's a little background:

I created the person Candice. She's a little naive when it comes to tech, banking, and somewhat colour blind (if you check the site, you'll see nice robin's egg blue lettering on a white background). Maybe it'll be one other minor nuisance, maybe not. either way, it's a character flaw that I can point back to as some sort of lame excuse Smile

I'm following the tips from here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738. So who knows how this'll turn out Smile

Suggestions and comments welcomed both here and on the blog.
jrhc
419Eater is my life

Location: Playing for fool from behind the bottom of his heart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks OK, but just playing the moron is not going to get the lad off-script. Bring up all sorts of frivolous questions and security concerns one email at a time to get him out of his trusty rut - only then can you really make him suffer.

You are not serious,how can you send this can of message to my bank? do you want me to go to gel? - Mr. dennis abuda

Can you...pray for Mai Arsehole. - Pastor George
JadedTech
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, thanks. Will see where it goes. Do they get general 'bad sexual references'?
jrhc
419Eater is my life

Location: Playing for fool from behind the bottom of his heart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Generally lads do not have sufficient mastery of English to "get" plays on words or subtlety. My primary character, for instance, is named Otto Mobile - and other baiters use names like Hemm Royds or Hugh G. Rection.

So, probably not.

You are not serious,how can you send this can of message to my bank? do you want me to go to gel? - Mr. dennis abuda

Can you...pray for Mai Arsehole. - Pastor George
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome JadedTech!

JadedTech wrote:

I created the person Candice. She's a little naive when it comes to tech, banking, and somewhat colour blind

Sounds perfect. Laughing You can get a lot of mileage out of that. Best bet for starting out baiting is to play a willing but clueless victim. You will be able to get a scammer off script with this as he'll run out of script. If you keep not understanding something, he'll have to explain it if he wants his money.
The bit about Candy and her dad is a bit much for only a first or second email but a scammer will likely overlook it as he may not read your mail very carefully. Or, you'll get one who won't necessarily think you're just messing him. There's no harm in trying it. As for your question about sexual references, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, it depends on the scammer. In general, they often miss our cultural references but they usually know common ones.

Quote:
I'm following the tips from here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738. So who knows how this'll turn out Smile

Nurse Nasty is a brilliant baiter, you can't go wrong by following the advice on that thread!

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi JadedTech!

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
JadedTech
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions.

Well, I let him stew for a few days and then replied Smile

http://bit.ly/biU3qk

The stage is set that Candy is a party girl........oh can you smell it? Can you smell it? Yes....drunk emailing can't be far now! LOL!
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome JadedTech!

Don't forget to have your character ask the lad for "advice" from time to time. Especially when it comes to dealing with banks or with Western Union.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic