SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Butch Baker Sells Cupcakes For Manly Men

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Something different for the next Eater party of sorts. Rolling Eyes Laughing

A New York businessman is changing the image of the cupcake as a sweet treat for girls into a must for men.

Former lawyer David Arrick has come up with the Butch Bakery, making cupcakes especially designed and baked for men.

His £2.70 creations do not come in standard vanilla and chocolate flavours.

"We have the beer, the beer run, which is a beer cupcake," he said.

"We've got a salted caramel cupcake, it's the salt and the sweet. They go great together.

"We've got a great banana, peanut butter with crushed bacon, so if you think about it, it's kind of like the Elvis sandwich, you know, peanut butter, bacon, and banana, we've got a cupcake that has that.

"We've got a cupcake that has whisky. It tastes like a B-52.

"We've got a coffee flavoured, coffee-infused, which is with some Kahlua, so a nice coffee cupcake. That's a huge hit for us."

The businessman said the idea came to him after he lost his job as a Wall Street lawyer in 2008.

After months of unsuccessfully looking for work, he decided to try something new and after a little market research, decided to create cupcakes, but not the typical kind.

"That's how Butch Bakery was born, I thought they are all very feminine and pink and a lot of them are frilly with jelly beans and sprinkles, and I thought I wanted to do something very different, and I decided to something with a masculine bent to it and that's how I came up with the idea," he explained.

Butch Bakery markets itself as making "manly cupcakes for manly men," but the former lawyer said they would appeal to anybody who had a taste for something new.

"I think that we eat with our eyes first before our stomachs and I think that it's got to be visually appealing, and I wanted something that was going to have an impact from the beginning, right when you see it," he said.

Business is growing fast. Since opening in November 2009, business has grown about 500% despite the economy with the bakery selling about 500 cupcakes a week. The aim is to quadruple that.

"The response has been overwhelming, all around the world, media response from all around the world, I get orders from all around the world from as far away as Australia as a matter of fact," he said.

Ironically, most of the customers are women.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
CookieMonster
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw this article on the news. But what does he expect [most customers are women]! They are called cupcakes still & they aren't that much bigger than cupcake size. I prefer quantity over quality.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic