SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How much does the average "hard working" Lad make

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bashemgud
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just curious to how much you think they actually make.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Low level cafe bois? maybe US$30K - US$50K a year, the higher up the food chain, the more they can earn, US$1 million a year is by no means out of their reach. And higher is common.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
jrhc
419Eater is my life

Location: Playing for fool from behind the bottom of his heart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I read that the average victim pays out about 20k USD, so only a few victims a year could easily make the lad six figures.
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On an individual basis I'd say it varies greatly. From some of the incredible nonsense I've read from lads over the years, it's hard to believe they make a penny. Other more organised gangs are probably cleaning up. No one really knows as they don't declare it in any tax returns and the victims don't come forward very often. Any figures you read or hear are pure conjecture.

It's often reported scamming is Nigeria's (though that is by no means the only country where this scam operates from) third biggest earner of foreign currency. Oil being the first, with agriculture in second place.

A country with a population of 120 million (though some say nearer 150 million) it is experiencing something of a diaspora at the moment because of the grim economic prospects. Lads are well represented among the migrant number. The total numbers involved in 419 at any one time are again speculative. But even if it's only 1% you get a rough idea of the size of the problem. Shocked

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Wow.. I mean.. seriously? Them scamming is one thing, but not declaring it on their taxes is simply outrageous!

No! NO!! No!!! you are not the person i thought you were. I regret getting to this stage with you -- J0hn "M4t" G00dman

Thank you for your brilliant message. I did not mean to hurt your feelings, am sorry. -- 1GE. B. Sanus1

The Slow Banker (Stallus Popiejopieicum): Insanely slow-working bankers who take ages to e-mail you after the main lad has referred you, and even longer to process their own duff forms.
rocknrollnobody
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Popiejopie wrote:
^^ Wow.. I mean.. seriously? Them scamming is one thing, but not declaring it on their taxes is simply outrageous!

They probably don't have car insurance either Shocked

[Free portrait of you with sexy goats!]

"WESTERN UNIN SAY IT FAKE AND YOU LIE. THEY LAUGH AND I FEEL FOOL. I WAIT FOR 5 HOUR TO GET WESTERN OFFICE AND YOU TRICK ME. I AM HIGH RESPECTED BANK OFFICIAL AND YOU TRICK ME WITH LIES AND FAKERY" - C0llin Sh1elds (a high respected bank official, apparently)
"I hope this is not another game as i do not have time for such games as i mean business here. I would not want to commence on a never ending journey or an uncompleted project with an unserious man." - Barrister Joseph Goldsmith doesn't want a never-ending project. Shame...
PastorTim
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

: shock :

jeesh...A few more months on here I may move to Lagos and start up shop myself.

KIDDING!

Closed lad accounts x 3

I pray to Jesus the almighty our father to come at ending of the transaction this week because he said "Ask me if u need I will give you, Knock the door and I will open Strike” - Dr M&hala

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jrhc wrote:
I think I read that the average victim pays out about 20k USD

That's a bit high. While there certainly are victims that pay as much, it's not quite as common as the smaller bills.

The ones that pay into the tens of thousands are those you read about in the news or hear about through 419-related sites. Also, victims with losses in the hundreds often won't report it at all, which tilts the real number further towards the zero.

Don't mistake that for a lower income on the part of the lads. They still collect, and often, at that. They don't really need to "convince" their victims (which has always made me wonder why they bother with baiters). They only need keep bombing their formats until it lands in the inbox of someone who's new to the internet or just not familiar with online fraud. The majority of victims pay out within the first few e-mails.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
archer
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NickTheCop makes a great point. It's all a numbers game with the lads. Throw out a format to 1000 people and if only a few pay out it's considered a success. It's kinda like mass insult emails to lads. If only a few respond to them with holy thunder ghost fire death threats, it's a success for me. Smile

If you've laughed at any of these threads, DONATE TO THE CAUSE!!
ChoppaOfDolla
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The ethics page on eater says that there are roughly 250 000 lads active around the world, and they are pulling in around 1.5 billion. That translates to each lad making $6000 per year, but that is going to be skewed towards the organised gangs raking in serious profits and most of the smol boils occasionally getting a few hundred here and there.

There's also a set of interviews with some lads here:

http://www.419eater.com/html/user_subs/interview/scammer_interview.htm

These lads are probably on the less organised end of the chain, and they all claim that sometimes months go by without any maga at all. One of them mentions that during a good point, he was making $200 a week. So a lot of lads aren't raking in huge figures.

At the same time though, a few hundred extra dollars probably goes a long way in the poorer regions in ladland.
jrhc
419Eater is my life

Location: Playing for fool from behind the bottom of his heart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Considering how tiny GDP per capita is in west Africa and the like, $200 a week is a princely salary.
RenaLanford
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure if this is the norm but about a year ago I heard about a 419 scammer operation on the news, operating here in the South East, that supposedly made around $800k in two years before getting raided by the FBI.

Again, I don't know if this is the norm. I'm very new to scambaiting and i'm just now trying to get my feet wet in the sport. BTW, I was very happy to come across this forum.
bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my lads who's on Sec. Shield now gave this as an answer

Quote:
Q: How much money do you make?
A: i make about 1800 dollars a months as profit

It's his 14th session and after complaining I slapped him with the fact that "the man at Sec Shield" told me that he must answer the questions honestly Laughing

So, I don't know if he's lying about his salary or not Confused

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
Penguin Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Closed lad accounts Nigeria Ghana Mortar Sand Timer Cellphone Tattoo Safari Safari Linos: Togo-Benin Safari Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
Safari Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)
Pic of a beer drinking goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic