SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Basil Walter

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
paulie555
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey guys, just found out about the site. love your work! anyway this Basil Walter character contacted me a few months back. Basil is pretty generous, he was willing to GIVE me the $4000 dollars it would cost for the transfee fee of my $5000000 winnings!

anyway i strung him along a while acting shocked but delighted with my win, explaining what i was going to do with the money etc but all the while telling him how inept i was at using emails. sending him emails with the details attached [but not really] then asking him to explain in detail how you attach something?! then i asked if it would be easier for me to post it to him or maybe even meet up to chat more about it. in the end i revealed the whole thing in a horrifically offensive that generally insulting email that i wont dare to repeat [post].

its lowball compared to the stuff on this forum but it was pretty enjoyable. you could sense the frustration/anticipation towards the end.

anybody got one from the same crowd?
Goat Poker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Paulie,

I'm new here too, but I know that if you want to pass off a lad to the pro's, maybe you could post the original email (with headers) to the Surplus forum at http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18.

If you're just looking for help/advice on your current effort, there's a hints/tip forum at http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Me personally, I'm holding off until I can dedicate some time to get a mentor. You can apply for one at http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

Until then, the various stickies are of great help (and enjoyment).

As for the TYPE of scam mail you received, yes, everyone gets those all the time -- unfortunately, people still fall for them Evil or Very Mad
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

paullie555--

I take it you meant you told at the end you knew it was a scam and you were onto his tricks?

I think the general consensus here is that you never tell the lad that. Let him drop you or something, but leave the question in the back of his mind if you were a real victim.

I know it's very tempting to blow off steam and telll the lad off, but let him drop you and hopefully another baiter down the road will catch him.

If you're gonna stick around, sign up for a mentor. There are some very smart and nice folks here at Eater.

And I hope you are baiting safely (i.e., not from our real life email account)?

EDIT: And a big welcome to paulie555 and Goat Poker!

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
paulie555
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hmm...should i be concerned?
was using my own email account because thats where i first received the mail.possible consequences of this?

other than that, ya youre right that its probably better to leave them wondering, but i couldnt resist it at the time! also il look into the mentoring thing.

cheers!
SissyMac
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My first baiting attempt 2 years ago was a fail and scared me a bit. I was using another email address but had it forwarded to my personal address. I was responding from that without realizing my personal address appeared in the headers. Then the website I'd set up for my wedding with all the information for out of town guests (including travel info and addresses) began getting LOTS of hits from Nigeria, from someone who was searching for my personal email address.

Big mistake. I dropped him immediately and didn't have any problems after that, but still...a little scary and I learned my lesson.

I wouldn't worry too much in your situation, but make sure not to use your personal address anymore Smile
paulie555
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jesus, thanks for the advice! i wont! Smile
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater paulie555, Goat Poker and SissyMac !

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Tuesday
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm still very new at this myself, but I've already learnt that if a scam drops into my regular email address, i'll reply to it from my baiting address.

I'm of the school of thought thst they send out that many mails that they don't track what they send it to and are never suspicious when you reply from a different address.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic