SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammed (perhaps) out of £679.59

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mark2
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I could do with some advice or information from some of our US members.

I found a charge, an emergency cash advance, on my cc in April which is currently being disputed with my UK bank.

Outlet details appear to be 800-835-3472 MO. The MO I believe refers to Missouri .

A google doesn't bring anything up tho.

On talking to my bank's customer service the card was present and a pin was entered.

Are they using Chip and pin in the US now?
If they're not using chip and pin, then I can go back to the bank with this info.

Further passing around and on hold with bank, I eventually get to lost and found dept via fraud dept who tell me this was over the counter at a WU outlet.

Can any US members help with any info. regarding the tel no.
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Phone number indeed goes to Western Union.

USA doesn't have chip and pin technology (magnetic strip only), but perhaps WU requires a pin for such a transaction (as an ATM withdrawal also would).

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
mark2
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the confirmation above, now how to convince my bank it couldn't have been me.

I regularly log into a government database (8:21 am on the day) over here, and at the time there were all the problems of volcanic ash clouds preventing flights, but they still insist they can't refund it because the pin was entered.
However they still seem to believe it could only have been me.

Obviously my card was cloned, but they struggle to believe it. Evil or Very Mad

How much proof will they now demand and what silly tricks will I have to perform. Shocked

It will work out in the end but it's taken 3 mths so far and necessitated me chasing them.
nobody3
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

search the net for the incidents which list the Chips & pin card duplication is done in real world way ie used by criminals in a mass produced way to withdraw cash from multiple locations - send it to the manager of the bank - or better still go in person with the print out in hand with the WEB url included
that should do something in your favor - i hope

in my profile the AIM Address, MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger point to ALICE chatbots, you can use them in any way you want. these chatbots will keep responding to your mugus's queries day and night - except when the bot if offline - the bot will be offline for some time to make the mugus think this is a real person..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic