SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

General question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jackson233
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was contacted by a lady....she says she in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur on a buying trip....but I header the email....and it should both Sunnyvale Ca...and Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur............
she wants to talk yahoo chat but I told her I can't get it working.....
she made it a point to tell me her goods are being held and they are going to release them soon and she heading to my city.....she gave me an address when I live and there are no houses or apt that I know of......

what next ?? anyone know of this scam ?
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Sunnyvale IP address is probably Yahoo's own IP address. There are scammers in Malaysia, so it would not be unsurprising to be sent a scam mail from there.

Presumably money will be needed for 'the goods to be released' - and you will be asked to provide that money! Or maybe the story will be that once 'she' has paid for the release of her goods, there will be no money left for her flight ticket - and you will be asked for this. Or another tale of a financial need, that only you can help with.

If you are baiting this, then you could just play along 'developing a friendship' until the money request arrives - and then move on to all the usual 'payment delaying modalities' - you'll find some ideas here.

Love Lads (and this 'lady' is probably a man pretending to be female) frequently like to communicate on Chat, because they believe that it will allow them to evaluate quicker whether or not you will be a 'paying victim'; and also to condense the scam into the shortest amount of time and effort. It can be quicker and easier than writing emails. But, of course, like with all baiting, you don't have to do anything that a Lad wants! It's your bait, so if you want to stick to emails - if the Lad wants a chance at getting your character's money - he will have to do things your way.

If, however, this contact came to your real-life email address ... then don't bait the Lad from that. It's not safe. Drop contact immediately.

You can, of course, open a new webmail account, using a false name and fake information, and then pretend that you received the initial contact email there, addressed to your fake character, and bait as a totally unconnected-to-yourself person.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Taj Mahal
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've found that chat sometimes gets the scammer to trust you easier. It's like they make a more intimate connection in their minds. and it's usually easy to control how the chat goes because most are not fast typists. So you can interrupt and change the subject if they want to ask you questions. or you can just log off and say it's a bad connection.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For those who DO use yahoo chat with scammers, here's a NEATO little trick that's worked for me more than once.

I have two characters I use in the same bait, and scammerboi deicdes he wants to talk to one. Yahoo's web mail will let you log into chat (web messenger) and chat to scammerboi, but won't let you use a cam or voice.

Then if you have downloaded yahoo messenger, you can log in as your SECOND Character and be BOTH of them at the same time. You tell your scammer that you are talking to someone (son, daughter, priest, dollar chopper, etc.) and then you can talk to your scammer from messenger, helping him convince himself you are who you say you are.

Like I say it's worked for me. Just a thought Smile

Chrys

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Taj Mahal wrote:

Quote:
I've found that chat sometimes gets the scammer to trust you easier.

BUT it takes up too much time and energy if you have a few lads on the go. Now I use a PAYG mobile and Flextel with message on answer. IF I pick up am always away from home and in a noisy place. Lad is happy to hear a 'simple' lady answer!

Remember it costs £1 a minute to call UK and don't know what to call USA on a cell, which is a nice thought. Laughing

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I was contacted by a lady....she says she in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur on a buying trip....but I header the email....and it should both Sunnyvale Ca...and Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur...........

Sunnyvale is yahoo's headquarters, so that's just a yahoo IP. There has been a significant increase in the number of Nigerian scammers operating out of Malaysia. Apparently the Malaysian government has been very liberal in handing out student visas, which many of the scammers have taken advantage of.

As far as chatting goes, it's up to you whether you want to chat. The same is true of talking on the phone. In both cases, you still want to keep baiting safe, which means no webcam, real photos of yourself, or phone numbers that are traceable to you. You will lose some scammers if you are not willing to chat online or the phone, but there are always more, and some are perfectly happy to carry on an email-only relationship.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I've noticed that too Dorothy and the only mone I have spoken to by phone is pure West African, I don't know how to post the call here is on Call Graph!

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic