SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My cousin is in hospital, so you'll work with me now.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
archbaiter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After almost getting scammed, but thankfully having the bank pull a check out before the hold went away, I nonetheless felt very bitter about this fraudulent attempt on my account.

So, I decided to get into a terrible accident. That's what my "cousin" told the scam artist today. I created another account and told the scammer that my cousin was in a severe car wreck, and that I would be taking over the transaction from there on.

I first told them we share an account because we are in business to sell high-end Scottish ware. However, when I went to check on the status of the check, I was told that is was withdrawn because my "cousin's" name and address were slightly incorrect. "Bank of America" has thousands of transactions per day, so they didn't fully catch this error until May 19th.

I told him this was to protect his money and economic integrity. So, now that you're dealing with me, please send the check to my address, with documentation on the full amount and specifically what you're paying me.

My "address" happens to be that of the local FBI branch.

I BCC'd this to the local FBI agency, and I sent them all my email transactions with the two scam artists.
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome archbaiter.
I read your other post, good thing you didn't get scammed, few things on your baiting though.

I would suggest you drop him completely and re-bait from a completly new persona, using a new item for sale, as this bait still has connections to your real life. Use a disposable email that will hide your IP like gmail. With a fake name.

Secondly we do not invovle innocent third parties, the FBI are considered an innocent third party, they have not requested any part in your bait, so morally we have no right to include them. Also they do not have the time to deal with this 'little' issue there is no where near enough proof for them to follow up on, and they have much bigger fish to fry. Yes he is breaking the law, but no you cant even prove who he is let alone that he broke the law. sucks huh. We are far better off baiting the hell out of them, if it was as simple as sending ever scam format to the authorities, there would be an automated system for it.

Anyway, read the stickies, apply for a mentor over http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php and have some fun.

Read some completed baits to get an idea of the chaos you can cause to a lad and you do fine. Also eater university, will be your best friend for the next week or two.

Last edited by Huntington on Wed May 19, 2010 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
archbaiter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I signed my name up. Thanks.

I actually do have all of the proof. The actual checks, addresses, and emails.
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
My "address" happens to be that of the local FBI branch.

I BCC'd this to the local FBI agency, and I sent them all my email transactions with the two scam artists.

I don't think it was a good idea to give their address FIRST without consulting with them if you could or not. If you had asked in advance, you'd find out that they're not interested. Even local law enforcement don't have the time/resources/cross jurisdictional ability to deal with it, so your chances of getting the FBI to respond are slim.

EDIT: Was beaten to it.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
archbaiter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, they'll no doubt forego my concerns this. I understand there are huge fish to fry out there, so these small cases, I take it, are just matters of personal caution.

I am enjoying reading these stickies, however. I want to say that this is an absolutely terrific service. Kudos to you long active in this movement.
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^All of in fake names, not a real address, email in a fake name, ip most likely traces to an internet cafe, and the checks probably sent to you from a mule. A mule is someone who the scammer has tricked into doing dirty work for them, for a small cut of the money, so if the authorities trace postage on the cheques, they don't lead to the scammer.

You will get ALOT of that prove, unfortunatly it isnt much good. Still doesnt mean you can't make his life hell.

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While most agencies will see this as an attempt to help, be aware you never know when you will get the "rookie" LEO who thinks you might be not so much a victim as part of the problem.

Baiting is not usually encouraged by LEOs. They tend to warn people away from it.

I'm not saying baiting is illegal. As long as you keep it to baiting ethics presented in the Ethics thread you will be above reproach. To engage in cash baiting or other not so cool acts could get you in serious trouble.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic