SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Terri Irwin

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
meteor321
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all!

I`m newby here, so please don`t blame me for noob question.

I have been corresponding via facebook with user that claims to be Terri Irwin for a month now and we really get on well, but today I received this message:

Hi Filip,

Glad to receive your message and its my warm pleasure to communicate with you and i do not want you to see the age difference between us because i take you as my blood brother and moreso as my confidant, honestly i have not been to your country but i have been thinking of visiting your country even during the time my husband was alive but we were always busy.. so i think i will use this opportunity to visit your country withing this year and also there is one great thing i will like you to do for me over there in your country and that will base on me giving you my 100% trust, although i do not have any form of doubt in you because you are the only fans of our that i know from your country,although i know there are many fans of ours over there but i have not had the chance to meet anyone aside from you and i think i am satisfy knowing you because i am sure you can do that for me as i have just thought about it and i think i will compesate you for the little help you are giving to me pending the time i will come over there.

So, what i want you to do for me is not much because i have some clients within your neighbouring countries that are willing to buy some baby animals from me and i have been in thorough discussion with them for so many weeks and we have reached conclusion about their request and very soon the requested animals will be dispatched to each of them but the only problem is how i will get the money for each animals from some of the customers. although not all of them are in the same countries but there are 2 of them that says there are very strict measures from their government that do not allow individual to transfer money outside their country but i do not understand why and these customers have been begging me to please tell them if i have someone that can help me receive the payment within their country or neighbouring country so that they can just pay the money to the person through MONEY ORDER or bank draft in the person's name since their government does not go against that and the person i appoint will cash the money order or bank draft and transfer the money to me.

Honestly i have already been telling them that i can not accept their option but they have been begging me seriously because they need these animals to come from our zoo. so i have just thought of it that since you are over there and i can trust you as our fan.So you can just render the help to me in term of receiving payment from them through money order or bank draft, i will just ask them to prepare the payment in your name and send to your address and once you receive it you will then cash it and i will tell you how to transfer the cash to me over here and moreso there are some little thing you will help me to buy with part of the money in your country, i think we will discuss about that later. okay
These customers has been asking me to come down to their country to get the payment but you know i am busy and i have to attend to alot of things over here that is why its not possible for me to travel and again the money is not worth to travel over.So i think you can do that for me and i also promise to compesate you, so you are not to worry.

Yes, less i forget how is your hubby, i hope everyone is doing fine,i will wait for your response and i would be very glad if you can email me some of your country pictures. I will like that alot.Write soon

God bless
Thanks.

I don`t know what to think now, could this be a scam of some sort? It is really odd from her to ask something connected with money from me, it makes no sense.
The message was sent from this email: [email protected]

Pls tell me your opinion about this situation.

Regards, Filip
bethc8
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds hoaky to me. Most likely the "buyer" is someone who works with the "seller", the "buyer" will send you a "bank draft" or "money order" that will be a FAKE, it may look real but it will not be. You deposit it into your account, the bank may say that it "cleared", at that point the "seller" will be in a BIG HURRY for you to send the CASH MONEY to them, Western Union or Money Gram!! but in several weeks or a month the bank will tell you that the said document was a fake and that you now owe the bank!! You will be out what ever money you sent to the seller. You may tell the seller what happend and try to get them to send you your money back, but they will have many excuses and will NOT be your good friend anymore!! Then they Police may visit you and charge you with Bank Fraud!! Said "friend" will still not help in any way!!
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To elaborate on what bethc8 has so rightly said:

Yes, it is a scam.

The money that you received would not be payments for zoo animals, but money that may be stolen from other scam victims, or may be faked (forged money orders, or a fake bank transfer). If it is stolen/scammed money, then you would be taking part in the crime. If it is fake 'payments', then they will not remain in your bank account, and therefore all the money you pass on to this scammer will, ultimately, come out of your own deposited money. You will end up losing your own money to the scammer. You may end up in debt. You may end up under investigation, as the only traceable person in this scam.

The scammer who is writing to you will be using a false name, and will have set up their webmail account with fake details. They can disappear without a trace, leaving only you to sort out the mess they have created.

You can read more about this type of scam at our sister site, ScamWarners. Click here:

Check Scams

I'm glad you asked about it!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems like this lad is impersonating Steve Irwin's wife.

Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didnt read the word crickey or struuuuth once. its not terri erwin, she would have picked up that lingo for sure

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Meteor321. It is smart of you to ask questions about this!

I don't believe zoos sell "babies" to regular citizens. Zoos loan animals to other zoos or sell them to other zoos.

I searched "terri irwin zoo" and came up with this link http://www.australiazoo.com.au/crocodile_hunter/about_steve_terri/index.html

It doesn't make sense to me (and you either) that a zoo would seek assistance from a stranger when it has such resources. The other clue that this is a scam is the email address comes from Yahoo. If it were an official communication it would come from and address like this: @australiazoo.com.au

The scammer will have an explanation as to why he is using a Yahoo address. It is a lie, he is using Yahoo because it is free and he does not work at a zoo.

I would encourage you to drop communication and block the user. He just wants to involve you in his scam (as a victim) to give money to himself, no one else.

Edited for clarity.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I"m fairly sure Terri Irwin knows how to write in English, unlike this....person, and would not be peddling "baby animals" to anyone!

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I was first starting out, I encountered a scammer using a dying-widow scam pretending to be Terri Irwin (who had apparently come down with a really nasty case of cancer). The story was that apparently Steve Irwin had stashed away a huge amount of cash in a bank account as an inheritance fund, but she needed the help of a complete stranger to get it out of the country so that the government couldn't confiscate it and use it to build nuclear weapons after she was gone. (Seriously, that's what it said! lol)

Since I was a bit of a fan of Steve when he was still around, I enjoyed spending a little time messing with this particular lowlife before getting sidetracked when I picked up a mentor on here.
Hope I find that one again actually... I miss using him as a metaphorical punching bag to take the stress out of RL...

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The scammer who is writing to you will be using a false name,

Which happens to be the name of an Australian icon who definately does not do business with people she met online.

Perhaps Bindy or Bob will email next trying to sell you a croc Shocked

Please do head over to Scamwarners, having this posted there may help others avoid this scam.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not a format I've seen before, but asking the victim to bank a fake check and send most of the proceeds by Western Union, is a very very common scam.
There's no way this is a legitimate transaction.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm strongly tempted to get "Dame Enda" to contact scammer - offering some cut-price n cute possums and dropbears.

Wink Laughing

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This scammer is nuts, *party* Laughing

Found species:
Quote:
The Pet shop (Animalia mortalicum): Lad who sells dogs, horses and other non-existent animals.

but theres more,

New scammer species:
The Bromancer (Bloodus tohellicum): Lad who really wants you to be his/her closest and bestest buddy ever.

Quote:

i take you as my blood brother and moreso as my confidant,

The D-Lister (Fansus tohellicum): Lad who claims they have a world wide fan club.

Quote:
although i do not have any form of doubt in you because you are the only fans of our that i know from your country,although i know there are many fans of ours over there

The Impersonator (Doppelgangia dullii): Lad who poses as a celebrity, often one who has suffered a tradgey.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cathartic Kate wrote:
I'm strongly tempted to get "Dame Enda" to contact scammer:

I love that! My latest character Albert Fish, lives in the Dame Edna Everage Memorial Retirement Village. Currently my scammer is trying to get Albert to try get a Nurse to pay the western Union fees Shocked

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As for the original poster, why not write back and tell them you can only deal with people who have BOUGHT Bindi Irwin's single. You can get 'em to hold a copy of the CD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucK_RsoPSg0

(Sorry everyone) Embarassed

Chrys (Soon to go into hiding)

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Gah, I'm gonna have that stuck in my head all week now!

Actually I kinda like it. Although the guy in the monkey suit gives off a bit of a creepy vibe. lol

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic