SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

'Rogue' internet firm 3FN shut down

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a concept . . . imagine how many less victims there would be if this approach was applied world wide.

Quote:

'Rogue' internet firm 3FN shut down

An internet firm linked to many of the internet's criminal gangs has been shut down.

The US Federal Trade Commission said Belize-based 3FN aided gangs that ran botnets, carried out phishing attacks and traded in images of child abuse.

The servers and net hardware of 3FN have been seized and are due to be sold off as the firm is dismantled.

The operators of 3FN must also pay back $1.08m (£750,000 ) they are reputed to have made by hosting criminal sites.
Servers seized

The FTC began its legal action against 3FN in June 2009 charging that it was "actively colluding" with the web's cyber criminals to distribute almost every type of malware and illegal content.

It was involved in distributing spyware, viruses and trojans, had a hand in many phishing schemes and helped gangs sell illegal images. It also acted as a discussion forum for many spammers.

In particular, said the FTC, the net firm worked with fraudsters who run botnets and helped them steal data by seeding hijacked computers with keyloggers. It maintained a library of more than 4500 malicious programs that could pilfer data from hijacked PCs.

In June last year, the FTC used an injunction to cut 3FN off from other hosting providers and sever its connections to the net.

Now the FTC has gone a step further and won a court order that will see the company stop trading and its hardware confiscated. The FBI has been ordered to carry out the shut down and seizure operation.

3FN operated under a number of aliases including Pricewert LLC, 3FN.net, Triple Fiber Network, APS Telecom and APX Telecom.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10136253.stm
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice!!! One wonders how the FBI intends to "carry out the shut down and seizure operation." as they have no jurisdiction in Belize ( unless the servers are physically on US soil)

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

how is your urologist doing?

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure they'll think of something. US law seems remarkably far reaching, although for once this is a good thing Wink

Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Klaasvaak wrote:
how is your urologist doing?

He is totally sick of omelettes . . . and he says that every time he farts it sounds like "cluck cluck". Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic