SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why do people fall for this (Ebay scam) ??

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jollycrusader
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, ive only joined the forum today and am trying to learn quickly. But sometimes the mind just boggles.. i mean how can this happen????

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/single-mum-fleeced-of-8700-through-nigerian-ebay-scam-20100513-v085.html
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Generally, if one believes that something is genuine and necessary, however much one dislikes it, one pays any charges required. In this case, the victim would have believed that the fake PayPal, Customs, ScamNet, Ebay, bank, government, and police communications were real. If someone is not familiar with the real thing, or not suspicious enough to thoroughly check it out, it is easy to be tricked.

The scammers would probably have demanded a small payment at first, and then another one, and then 'just this final one' and 'this is the last one' and so on. And each time, the victim (who has already paid out, and, by this time, is maybe worried about getting into trouble with Customs or whoever) thinks that this 'final payment' will get the situation all sorted out and be over with.

And, in the end, it would have seemed that, in return for 'just one more payment' a large amount of compensation money was coming her way. If that had been true, it would have been worth the outlay. Unfortunately, of course, it was not true.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
felixq78
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess people who haven't "been around" and have lived a very sheltered life are naive and just believe that everyone is as honest as they are. I've been around and have been forced to live on the edge at times so I know how some of us can lie and scam and cheat because I've done it myself.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic