SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Unbelievable

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I'm sitting at my computer at work today, just a random Wednesday, and I get this email. I'm a paralegal in RL and our firm has a website, and every now and then someone will email us asking for advice. In drops this gem:

Quote:
Hello! My name is xxxxx and I have a question about inheritance from the Netherlands. I have or am going to be aawarded a large amount of money from a distant relative but now I need to go to the Netherlands to sign for it and to put it in an account for myself and to transfer it here. I have no pass port and no money to fly over there. My question is if I send you a copy of the email I received would you be able to tell me if this is legal and if so what would you suggest?
Sincerely,
xxxxxxx

:yikes:

Needless to say, I got on the stick in a hurry. Fortunately, this person hadn't sent anything yet, but did receive all of the usual RSOT crap which she forwarded to me. Unfortunately she doesn't know how to obtain the email headers, which kinda bummed me out. Mad

Over the course of the afternoon she wound up sending me three different sets of 'documents'. Shocked I got her all sorted out I think, but I still wish I could have played with the headers. Twisted Evil

I've got a copy of the original script. Should I post it somewhere here or over on Scamwarners?

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe both here and Scamwarners Very Happy

Definitely at Scamwarners though. If one person fell for it, so could others.
Glad you caught this one in time Smile

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice catch, TheFae! Thumbs up

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice save! Very Happy

Definitely post it at Scamwarners, and go ahead and put it in Surplus if you want people to bait him.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Way to go! Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everyone, I feel really good about being able to 'rescue' someone in RL. But I owe it to everyone here, because thanks to your patient training I knew just what to do and where to send her. Sad thing is that she'd totally fallen for it. She just went through a nasty divorce and had to sell their house to divvy up the proceeds, so she was really excited about getting the money to buy a new house of her own. Sad

I bolted out of the office without the script, but will definitely get it posted tomorrow. In the meantime I have a few email addresses if anybody wants to take a crack at baiting for headers. As near as I could tell, she'd been in the middle of two or three different lads:

[email protected]
[email protected]
(also James Olsen) [email protected]

I tried Googling some of the script but didn't come up with anything, but when I Googled the 'banker's' phone number, BINGO. (It wasn't a redirect number, by the way.) The identical script is posted on a site called 'scam of the day' or something to that effect.

She felt really foolish at first, but I assured her that hundreds, if not thousands, of people fall for things like this all the time, and that's what makes the scammers so successful to begin with. I suggested several times that she head over to Scamwarners to read about other folks' travails so she won't feel alone in her innocent mistake.

Oh, and one other thing. Since I don't know her and can't be sure she won't fall for the next one, I pointed out the RSOT. I told her if she ever got involved in something like this again, to look for the RSOT plastered all over everything -- a sure sign of a scam. Very Happy And if she still wasn't sure, she knows how to get in touch with me. Cool

Now let us rejoice that through sheer happenstance, her email inquiry wound up in a baiter's box. Twisted Evil

happy crowd

EDITED to de-obfuscate the addys. To leet or not to leet, that's always my question. Laughing

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"

Last edited by TheFae on Fri May 07, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you de-obfuscate the email addresses other potential and actual victims can find this thread with a Google search....that is always a good thing. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice work The Fae, she is very lucky to have contacted you, had she not contacted you, she may have been scammed as well as have a legal bill to pay.

BTW, there is a good piece on finding headers in the romance sticky for the popular email providers, for the more obscure ones, spamcop have a good run down of the various instructions, I dont have a link now but I can post it later if you are interested.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congratulations on the save TheFae!!!

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Tsnerd, duly un-obfuscated. Very Happy

@Murry, yes, she would have been in a world of hurt for real. I'd love to have the linky to sniff out headers! How are the Spooners these days? I haven't dropped in for a visit in a while. Razz

@Connie, thanks for the Grats. It dropped in my lap, and as I've said, I wouldn't have known what to do without the excellent training I've received here. Some (myself included) say, "there are no coincidences", and this is a perfect example.

I have all of her RL info on my work comp, and if a Mod would want to have it, let me know. I'm not convinced that she will turn down the next one that comes along. Sheesh, she wanted to know where to buy Euros for gosh's sake (and one of her legal questions to me was whether it was legit to pay a 'dutch lawyer' 9,300 Euros to 'stand for me in court').

Next round's on me. beers!

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sweet! Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hahah, awesome story. Great save you made there, I can only imagine what might've happened if she didn't contact you.
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^what, no cake and ice cream?! Smile

edited to nudge Corona for snacks Laughing

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nicely done the Fae, Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great work TheFae! jump_4_joy Not only did you save a victim, you allso prevented a lad from getting the money! If you have any trouble, or want some advice regarding the victim, then please ask one of the support team members on Scamwarners. It sounds like the victim really believed it and might fall for other scams too. It could be that the lad will now send the victim a compensation scam email. You could prepare the victim for that.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@The Fae,

Here is the header information I was refering to; http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html, it doesn't cover all email providers but most are covered, if you ever have trouble finding instructions for the one you (or the person you happen to be helping) want, try googling "find header >email provider<' and most of the time what you want will be in the first few hits, if not, just ask Wink

The Spooners have taken a break but they will be back with some brand new fun after they are refreshed Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ TheFae, that was a 1 in a million save. what luck. Congrats.

After reading this entire thread, my only hope is that the Near-Miss person
(don't want to use the word victim) will tell all possible friends and family.

The scammers are evidently "fairly" good at what they do because people in this day and age still want to believe their lies.

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightly off topic, but some victims or near victims will fall for what seems obvious to many, in this thread http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8726 you will see somebody who almost fell for a scam where the scammer has re used an ID that was sent by a baiter to a scammer.

Just another reminder that even the most obvious fakes can and do get used successfully by the lads.

NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Brainiac wrote:
The scammers are evidently "fairly" good at what they do

Shocking, but true. An understatement, in fact.

There's little more disheartening in the world of baiting than when you come across a vic that's lost over $100 000 to these scams. We can call them mugus all we want, but they're rolling in the dough big time.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

excellent save TheFae Thumbs up

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
Krichauff
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brainiac wrote:

The scammers are evidently "fairly" good at what they do because people in this day and age still want to believe their lies.

Oh how true this is. My brother got a letter on his fax machine the other day promising him his lost millions from a long lost relative.

Now what gets me is that all my family know that I play around with these lads and enjoy the stories I tell of the baits I do and ones I have read.

So my brother seems to believe this fax and shows my Mum, who knew immediately what it was and told him so. But he kept saying... "but what if it is real" Even after me telling him all the stories, he still believed. I was a little dumbfounded. He is a bright 30 year old and I think he just wanted to believe. Anyways Mum scanned the fax to me and I googled it up and send all my findngs back to him. It was a common regular scam but it had him believing.

It just got me thinking, how many people out there do not have a switched on support network that can pick these scams. Plus how many people want to believe, even though they are smart enough to know that it is just too good to be true.... Scary really!!

'ASSHOLE Benjamin Dover ,go and suck your mother pussy' Emmanuel - Bob Johnson's BJ Lad.

You would have to work this out yourself because we still have not received a dime yet from you.

'hey son of a bitch,your mother is a goat fucker,you have blood of animail in you because its animal that preganated your mother to born you,' Emmanuel - Bob Johnson's BJ Lad.
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^Yes it's scary. Intelligent people who believe in a scam, and are told that it is a scam and they better stop writing to the scammer, go by there own judgment and decide for themselfs. Their decisions aren't always the right ones.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As promised, I've posted the bits and pieces I received from the lady here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1538357#1538357

And I agree it is really sad, but desperate people will take desperate measures. She already felt that she'd lost her house ("he sold it out from under me"), and this could have really done her in. Sad But by divine intervention or stupid luck or whatever, she's safe from the bad guy and I'm sportin' fries! Laughing Laughing (Thanks mods!!) beers!

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
(Thanks mods!!)

Dont thank them, it was your actions that stopped her from being scammed Wink

Thanks for posting it up at Scamwarners too, you never know how many people you might save by having it there

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd

ImageImage

clapping clapping clapping

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic