SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Going on vacation - how do I explain it to my lad

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Baitsamurai - if explaining to your lad a reason for absence will benefit your bait then by all means do it. If your character would give an explanation then you should. It's not a sign of weakness. It's quite the opposite. It's matter of saying in character and that is what baiting is about. Say whatever you want. If that doesn't work out then try something different. Once again, that is baiting.

@ Nick - I seriously hope you don't talk to your mentees that way. Someone posted for advice and all they got from you was sarcasm. There is more then one way to bait, not just Nick's way.

As a baiting mentor, I expect better from you. If you really think there is no reason to explain an absence then explain why. It is counter productive to be sarcastic or give a "I have spoken" elitist post.

Understand, this is 419eater NOT Nick's way or the highway. If someone posts for advice, then advice is what is expected. If you cannot do this then please refrain from posting.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
@ Nick - I seriously hope you don't talk to your mentees that way.

Funny you should say that. My mentees turn out fine.

Let's see... P.P3t3rs ended up with 5 safaris in 3 months... El Pistolero's new (with regard to being my mentee), but he's already showing great promise, including with an intercontinental safari he and I have on the line... and Pete/Black Dog/Mr Biggs, well, do I even need to go into that? (That's out of only about 8 mentees, most of which were hit and run anyway)

And to answer your question: Yes, I do talk to them like that.

Ghost wrote:
If you really think there is no reason to explain an absence then explain why.

I thought I covered that extensively. Here's a summary for you:
NickTheCop (amalgam of several posts) wrote:
But while we're discussing baiting tactics, I personally like to get my lads in a state of total dependence.

Like an investment, I want the best ratio of time put in to time and resources of lads wasted.

...let me instead pose a question. How can you make your lads dependent on you, when you are so dependent on them?

Instead of excusing yourself, just go about your merry way. When you come back, write back to them, and if they start getting pissy about your disappearance, rather than explain yourself (which is an obviously apologetic approach), slap them for being uncouth.

Y'all are being submissive. Surely you can see how giving order while being so is paradoxical at best.

Ghost wrote:
Understand, this is 419eater NOT Nick's way or the highway.

Rather than spend my lunch break productively, I went back to count how many members gave advice to excuse yourself to the lad, and how many members gave advice to not excuse yourself to the lad. Here are the results:

Excuse: 15
No Excuse: 3

If my arithmetic is correct, I'm well ganged up on in terms of baiting method popularity. That said, I wonder how it is you see "Nick's way or the highway" to be an existent issue.

Ghost wrote:
...all they got from you was sarcasm.

...sarcastic or give a "I have spoken" elitist post.

Not to clutter the thread, but since you brought it up not once, but twice, I suppose a response would be proper etiquette.

You know damned well that the only difference between my "sarcastic" and "elitist" comments and everyone else's, is that mine don't have a string of winking faces after them.

To Baitsamurai and anyone else that had this same question in their minds: You've gotten a lot of advice from many members. I recommend you try out both methods. After all, it's not like there'll ever be a shortage of lads.

Many of you may think that my delivery is indicative of this, but honestly, I don't care whose advice you take. I don't care for a million baiters copying me. Seriously.

BUT... considering how overrepresented one side is, I feel it would be unfair on the newer members if I don't encourage some diversity of thought and ideas.

Ghost, I don't have any beef with you. And yet, I can't help thinking you think I do. If you have any issues with me not related to this thread, then shoot over a PM, and I'll be sure to address any concerns.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nick, why would I think you have a beef with me? You aren't sarcastic to me, just new members asking questions.

I understand my post may have embarrassed you. That was not my intention. It was my intention to let you and everyone else know that sarcastic posts to questions are not welcomed and not what is expected of a mentor. Members here are not you lads and should not be treated as such. I would be derelict in my duty not to address the situation since it is common place with your posts.

Nick, I appreciate the fact that you think you are a great baiter. I am not challenging that. However, based on what I have read and what you have said, it is my opinion you are not what we want in a mentor. I realize you do not agree with this and I am not asking you to.

I understand you have lots and lots of safaris and so do some of your mentees but that does not take away from the other members you have turned off to this site and made fear to post questions due to your attitude.

While I am certain some would come to your defense, I am more than certain many would come to validate my concerns. To prevent that, I am locking this thread.

Nick, yes you explained a little about what you meant but not until a moderator intervened. Even that does not take away from the fact that your first post was sarcastic and unhelpful. The OP asked a legitimate question and did not deserve to be treated poorly. I want everyone to know any questions regarding baiting can be asked and they will not be met with sarcasm.

To all the other baiting mentors, make no mistake, what you do is important. As a mentor you set the tone so you are held to higher standards.

If anyone would like to discuss this matter further please send me PM.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic