SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

snakes.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Master
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have a large variety of snakes in Australia. I had a run in with one the other day.

My son of 3yrs told mum that there was a big worm. (he wanted his goggle and mask and a torch to see the big worm). Mum brushed it aside and thought nothing of it.

the next day it was just myself and the 7month old at home. I had put her down to bed at around 9.30am and played a bit of mw2 laying on my bed with the dog. after about an hour i turned it off and went to get up swinging my legs around to put them on the floor. out of the corner of my eye prior to puting my foot down i saw movement and kept my feet off the ground to have a dugite in the corner taking continuous strikes at my feet. Had i put my foot down i would have been tagged.

so the young bloke had seen it the day before mistaking it as a big worm. my missus will probably listen to im next time.(i would have asked him to show me the big worm)

http://www.pilbarapythons.com/dugite.htm

Safari it was all a big fuck of disappointed
you are the fooliest baboom!
Closed lad accountsMortarSand TimerSand TimerSand TimerTattooVcamera
You are dead MUMU!!!!
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Down in south america we always asssume that any snake you meet in going to be a dangerous one. Putting cable in the ground was always risky since one the manholes were opened anything can get down there.

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate snakes! Twisted Evil

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Close call there. One thing I do appreciate about living in the UK - the wildlife is usually pretty harmless. Every kid learns about adders, which is the only venomous snake we have in the wild. And we're all taught (or learn through experience) not to mess with ant hills and wasp nests. That's about it.

I'm not mentioning rabid badgers or nutty squirrels...

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

that sounds EXACTLY like my son mate, we get a few in the hills... probably b/c I don't cut the grass as often as I should. the kids know now to stay up on the deck and come tell mum and dad about the lizard or worm or whatever they choose to call it that particular day Laughing although my 1.5yr old daughter still just wants to go pat them LMAO

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
Master
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have shown him a big tiger snake before so he knows what they are but because the dugite is a fair bit smaller he thought worm. I remeber seeing on funniest home videos a little girl saying there was a snake only to point out a small catapiller Laughing

Safari it was all a big fuck of disappointed
you are the fooliest baboom!
Closed lad accountsMortarSand TimerSand TimerSand TimerTattooVcamera
You are dead MUMU!!!!
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very glad you and of course the children managed to not get bitten.

While we are talking snakes in this wonderous land;

One day, quite a few years ago we were getting ready for my sons 2nd birthday party where we were expecting about 40 similiarly aged children.

About 1 hour before the party was expected to start we noticed a smallish black snake inside, nothing particularly new where I live, we rang the local snake catcher who happened to be at a snake catching convention that day, luckily another snake catcher didn't attend and was able to get by fairly quickly to remove to remove the snake that by that stage had found refuge under the lounge from the big scary humans who were outside watching through the window.

There were 2 snake catchers, the younger one, perhaps in his very early 20s if that old got down and called the snake waving his hand under the lounge, "here snakey snakey" (yes, really), he then moved the lounge and picked up the snake and said some nice greetings to the snake, "how are you" if I recall was amonst the niceties.

They took the snake with them with with only moments to spare before the guests started turning up.

For anybody wondering, yes, black snakes are highly venomous.

Isn't Australia a wonderful place? Smile

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why does it always have to be snakes?

Sad

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a pretty interesting upbringing, living in a small bush town, me and my brother used to catch snakes and other wildlife and keep them as pets. I remember mum nearly having a heart attack when she found out one of the snakes we had caught was a tiger snake, not really something kids should be playing with, but having that upbringing we thought we were invincible.

We also had 2 lace monitors, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lace_monitor ) both nearing 2 metres long, they would often come inside and wander through the house, they kept the rats and what not out of our back yard. We also had a echidna, it lived inside, mum would feed it mince meat (was probably a nice change from ants) it slept inside a piano we had, after it had clawed through the bottom of it. it was so friendly it would walk up to you and try crawl up you legs so you would pick it up and pat it.

im reminiscing now, good old days

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was cleaning up the yard the other day when I ran across what I thought was a wooly bear caterpiller. It's Spring here, and for a second I thought it was awfully early for a wooly bear to be out and about.

It is. I went to pick it up and put it down by the creek and my hand caught fire. It's a Giant Leopard Moth caterpiller, and the cute little bristles come off in your hand and burn like hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Leopard_Moth

In Texas, if it doesn't bite you, it will sting you, even innocent little caterpillers. Mad

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic