SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ASEM from a scammer?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MememeYouYouYou
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my catcher accounts got some interesting e-mail over night. It looks to be the initial response given here:

http://www.419eater.com/html/bigman.htm

I got two of them, with different subjects, but the same body. Are the scammers now trying to use ASEM on us?

I haven't yet replied since I'm in the process of changing characters.

"MOM IS DEAD NOW." -JOHN
"The securtiy form there is noting like that my account send money everyday to how client there is noting like security form please we are not ready for games if you are not interested in getting your loan money" ... Umm, what?
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you mean the first letter from the Lad, or the second one?

The first one is standard Dying Individual script, sent out - with a few minor changes - by many many Lads.

The second one was an original response to that particular baiter back in 2006 - but Lads will utilise anything that they think might work. It could be sent out as a 'new format' by the same Lad, or by one of his friends or network.

Last year my character persuaded one of my refugees that, rather than transfer her money to his bank account, she should start up a hairdressing salon in Ghana, instead. My character would help with the initial costs, on condition that she wrote an article about her past and her future plans and business ideas for his church magazine. The refugee complied. Since then, one of my catcher accounts has received more-or-less exactly the same 'magazine article', but now sent out as a 'Please help me start a hairdressing salon' format.

It was a rather attractive new script. Hopefully having three of my other characters responding by 'immediately recognising it as a scam' has stopped it seeming quite so attractive to the Lad. You could do the same with your Lad, if you wished - if you think that a request for art sponsorship is more likely to draw real victims than a Dying Individual script. Or, alternatively, just bait him as normal!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
MememeYouYouYou
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The art scholarship response, completely unchanged, except to put the address below at the top.. In fact, in just the vein of making a scam less attractive, here's his/her address to bombard with that sort of "this is a scam" message:

m r s . a n g e l a w i g h t 1 2 @ hotmail.com

(minus the spaces of course)

I'll be sending out this response from a few of my characters.

"MOM IS DEAD NOW." -JOHN
"The securtiy form there is noting like that my account send money everyday to how client there is noting like security form please we are not ready for games if you are not interested in getting your loan money" ... Umm, what?
Happy_Slacker
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oooh I'm in! I love bombarding scammers with 'this is just a scam' message. Very Happy

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had a couple of ASEMs from scammers. Mostly in the style of those ones that pretend to be from business associates who just completed a very large transaction with you and want to arrange to send you your share of the profits, although for some reason that mail always seems to turn up in the inboxes of people who have never heard of the guy.
Asking "Who the heck are you?" just seems to make him angry though. I dunno if that one has really thought it out properly.

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Technomancer, (and Branwen and everybody)^^^ I had always wondered about that script-format with the content "..bla bla the business deal was financed to a logical conclusion with the partner from_____"
fill in the blank with a country name .

It's like a mini-epiphany. Always wondered why they sent that one.
I couldn't make heads nor tails til now. Been getting that ASEM on & off for years now.

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've received the "Partner from Paraguay" (or wherever) as both an ASEM as well as part of a scam bait that's winding down. In the former case, I've sometimes replied as if I'd been dropped by the sender, and got some good baiting out of it.

In one case, it proved to be the opening letter, and got me a prime bait; http://www.scamorama.com/eliza_dane_green_days.html (see part 2)

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic