SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Reintroduction and Possible Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

It's great to see many new faces in 419eater especially after I had to go into exile wrt school, graduation and work. I was working last year as a blogger with an international motorsporting series (which I will not name here since I was quite well known to the community and I'm sure there's more than a few people who follow that due to its popularity) but anyways after all the traveling and reporting that's happened, I've gone back to school and am living in Eastern Europe so I was wondering if you could send me your bank account details in order to... just kidding Laughing

Actually the reason I returned is because I think I might be in the process of being scammed but this is a new one that I've seen and I was wondering if the anti-scamming community could deliver some insight.

The Story
. The trip went very well except for a minor bump: . Anyhow, it turns out - according to the woman who cleans the rooms - that it was under a matress and not stolen as previously believed and they have it.

Now, the woman sent me an e-mail the previous night saying that the iPod was found and if I could send her my mailing address (which I did), she'd have it sent out. I had no problems with reimbursing her or anything like that but it turns out that the hostel owner also sent me an e-mail today saying that the iPod was found and apologized after I told her that the lady who tidies up the hostel notified me last night.

Anyhow, the cleaning lady claims she has been fired for basically insubordinating her boss. She tells me not to worry about anything since my iPod has been left with the hostel owner (which it is, the hostel owner told me and will send it out tomorrow with tracking # and all) and she'll find another job that pays better.

However, what has me worried is how it all happened. I've met these people, I stayed at their house and everything so I know who they are. I'm worried that this might be some sort of elaborate scam on the part of the cleaning lady and/or the hostel owner. Is there anything that can be made since I am only about an 8-hour drive from Moldova? Am I just being paranoid?

Thanks for listening Smile

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back SP

Can't see the scam here ( yet) however only time will tell.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting SP. It has the slight odour of a scam but...Image
Do you fancy pushing it just a little more?
Only if you're comfortable though. No pressure

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic