SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Car sale scam

View next topic
View previous topic

stormjet
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello there, I'm in Australia, Tasmania to be exact. I have our family car advertised for sale on a website. I have had a lad, obviously a scammer send me an email (I have an enquiry regarding price I would like to test drive this car? Can I please have more information on service history? ) I answered the query and told the buyer to call my husbands mobile. I then received this answer. (Thanks for mailing back ,i really want to get the car so i will accept your offer. for the test drive my agent will be in charge.am located at Darwin where i work and buying the car as a birthday gift for wife, she is stills at north perth, and i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it.. I really want the car to be a surprise for her so i wont let her know anything about the car until it gets delivered to her, i am sure she will be more than happy with the car..I will be paying with paypal because i dont have access to my bank account online as i dont have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap for the car and pls if you dont have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com.au and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through.I have a pick up agent that will come and pick the car up after i have made the payments .please the network over here is bad.......pls get to me asap
Regard Dennis.

I then sent an email telling him to go get a real job, and asking him (with several expletives too nasty to write here) if people really fell for this scam. He then sent me this (I regret to have every been a party to this, To start with, i am not dennis, i am Daniel. I was only looking for a way to make ends meet and to further my career (Software Engineering), I have not been able to make up my tuition fee and i have a lot of books that i have not beeen able to have because i am not financially bouyant. I have to join this cruel way of life just to get me back on my career feet, but ever since, i have been battling in my mind state and my conscience. I met guy who have done this and have been able to acquire one thing. I don't wanna live as a fraudster, my both parents are dead so its very hard for me. i am not writing this for you to pity, but i want you to know that there are still people who wanted to live a normal life but life looks abnormal. i need to pay $3,600.00 for the course. 5 semesters, adding up to 2 half years. its kinda hard. I am not buying any car or whatever, but i have convincing document that could deceive people to pay money. There is a saying " it is what you work for that last". so i want to be proud of my sweat, not as a fraudster. I am sorry for commiting you in the first place. I hope you have a good mind for me.
Regard Daniel.
I then answered (I sugest then that the time spent writing these emails, could be spent working!You know work, honest work, for fuck sake,you want to study to be an engineer, lower your standards and get a job any fucking job,Flip burgers at mac donalds. being an engineer isnt living a normal life, its a dream for many. My daughter works 2 jobs to put herself through education. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, some of the people you are trying to ripp off are worse off than you pal!

I now after thought am quite scared as the ad listing has my home phone and mobile numbers and my email obviously. I am also feeling a little sorry for this lad! This probably sounds quite silly to you all, but i am not very PC tech savy, just a 52 year old mum, LOL. I came across this fab site several years ago, but have not visited for a couple of years. Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice, should I be worried? Do you think this lad is indeed sorry? Cheers Gail (storm)

Boring Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Best advice i can give you is to stop writing this lad. He will loose interest (if he hasn't already) and find another victim. Please don't feel sorry for this lad, i've seen these mails before. It's all lies. First of all, he's African by the look of his writing, and he probably lives in Africa. He doesn't need money for his education, he needs money to buy himself a nice Rolex watch, Armani sunglases, a new mobile phone or a laptop.
It could be he's selling your email address to other scammers, so you can expect some more scam emails. Just delete them and it won't bother you.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
stormjet
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that Vampie, I have had quite a few similar emails, very frustrating, but will ignore from now on.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic