SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

12 inches of very thick dark dog hair

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nancy Smith
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Trying to sell my hair I keep getting all this requests from Nigera. For fun I changed the subject line... Smile I'm not sure what the scam is yet.

Hello ,thanks for your response towards my mail,i want you to know that i am a serious buyer and i will like us to conclude this deal in due time, so all i want you to do is forward some recent picture of the (12 inches of very thick dark dog hair),and also your full name and contact address including cell numbers ,So that the Certified cheque can be sent, to aid a fast pick-up.
I will also arrange with a shipping company to do the home pick-up from your home to my preferred destinatination,,,
Here"s looking forward in having a good business relationship with you.
Thanks and God bless.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, Nancy. Very Happy

It's an overypayment check scam. The key to this is the supposed shipper. The scammer will send you a check for over the amount you're asking (for your dog hair Laughing ). The scammer will ask you to process the check and forward off the overpayment portion to the "shipper". The scammer will play the role of the shipper. The check is fraudulent, you bank it and send out money to the shipper and you're stuck owing the bank the total amount.

You can read more about how this works on the forum at ScamWarners, here: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3238

Are you going to bait? If so, please don't use your real information. You can set up a fake ad and then bait the scammers from an anonymous email account. Read the sticky topics in the scambaiting help forum to learn how to do this.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What Ima said. It's a very typical scam.

I would like to add in the scammer is hoping you have been a customer with your bank for a while and have cashed many checks. That way when you come in with one they wouldn't have any reason to suspect fraud and they honor the check, probably having a lot to do with your history.

You are given cash which you send to the lad. Once the check is kicked back from the issuing bank, your bank will expect you to refund the money.

This is just my opinion though. I doubt the scammers know they are hoping for this. They just send out checks to anyone who will accept and wait for cash.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Nancy Smith
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I am baiting them a bit but with all fake info. I originally thought to change the subject line so they would not be able to figure out what hair ad they were responding too. Now that I know the scam I can figure out how to run the bait. I've already had several checks mailed to me, or so they say.

In one of the baits I said I did not have a bank account. Now I know why that lad dropped me so fast!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic