SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

reverse scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scam-the-scammer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not new to scammers of various types. For instance, although telemarketers don’t usually engage in advanced-fee type scams, I spend a lot of my time pursuing telemarketers who violate the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and I have successfully convinced many of them to stop violating the law. In the area of advanced-fee scams I once convinced the police in Florida to raid the home of an advanced-fee scammer who was trolling Craig’s List and sending fake checks to potential unsuspecting victims (the police found documentation on all of the fake checks that he had sent, and they even found some fake checks that he had printed up and was about to send).

More recently on two separate occasions I successfully convinced advanced-fee scammers to send me $13.00 by Western Union. I know that some people call this “cash baiting”, and that some people think it makes the scambaiter no different than the original scammer. I respectfully disagree. I think I wasted a lot of the scammer’s time and a little bit of their resources, and I came away with a nice little trophy for my troubles. We all do our part. I am happy to go into details if people here are interested, but I don’t want to do that if discussing this approach is frowned upon here. So if there is somewhere else that like-minded people go to discuss this form of dissuading scammers, then I would appreciate a pointer to it.
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I know that some people call this “cash baiting”, and that some people think it makes the scambaiter no different than the original scammer.

You have said it yourself it is frowned upon.........enough said !

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi scamthescammers.

What you are promoting here is a form of "cash-baiting" as you openly state.
Unfortunately, it is not something that we discuss here on 419eater and I must therefore close this thread.

If you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to Private Message either myself or any other moderator (we're the ones with green names at the bottom of the Forum Index page).

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic