SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Got this earlier in week

View next topic
View previous topic

carl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"It’s me xxxx. I really don't mean to inconvenience you right now, I
> made a little trip to UK and I misplaced my passport and credit
> cards, please I know this may sound odd, but it all happened very
> fast. I need to get a new passport, and get on the next available
> flight home. I’ve been to the embassy, they're willing to help, but
> I'm out of cash. Can you loan me some funds? And I'll be willing to
> pay you as soon as I get home.
>
> Please reply as soon as you get this message, so I can forward the
> details as to where to send the funds, you can reach me via the
> hotel's desk phone if you can. The numbers are, 011447035907124.
>
> I await your response
> xxxx xxx"

The f'er hacked my Hotmail account and locked me out and sent this to my ENTIRE contact list. I entered the number into google and it's clear other people have been hit by this identity stealing scum. I called it off a restricted # and delivered a volley of abuse but did not identify myself.

Hotmail have been utterly disgraceful and won't shutdown the acct. I couldn't remember all the security Qs (as I use another email primarily now and set this up 10 years ago). I'd get it if they wouldn't just let me back in but not shutting it down/suspending it is criminal. They asked what was in my inbox and I told them but they refuse to check it again where's it'll be clear I've been hacked. Sorry for the rant but a lot of personal info there, I've changed all my other passwords and informed the authorities and institutions but still feel paranoid.

One of my friend's who replied got this:

"Am glad you replied. I’m stranded over here in England. I’m sorry; I couldn't call because I misplace everything with my luggage that's why I contacted you via your email. Please, I'm in need of about $1,500 to add up with what I have, in other to get a ticket home. I promise to payback whatever you could assist me with as soon I return home.

Use my information to send funds to me Via Western Union Money Transfer.

Name: xxxxx xxxxxxxxx (my name)
Address: 8-18 London Bridge Street
London
SE1 9SG

Email me the MTCN number as soon as you send the funds. If you send the funds now, I'll pick the funds immediately and get on a flight home.

Thanks"

Any advice appreciated guys.

Is there anyway to have "shivver metimbers" bait him?? Twisted Evil
dogsbum
NN's whore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Cal and welcome to 419EATER.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Immediately run a thorough check of your home / work PC's (everyone on a network) to make certain that your systems have not been further compromised. You might have unwelcome guests.

While you are securing things, you might want to rapidly check every single email account, system, firewall etc and change passwords. People often use the same passwords across many differing accounts. Once one is compromised then all are open.

Despite rumours, it's particularly difficult to hack into someone's HOTMAIL account by brute force means. Security measures apply very quickly and shut down the account. So the hacker obtained your password by some means. You might have given it to them unintentionally by going to a phishing site or opening an infected attachment. If not you then someone on your network / system. Keyloggers are old technology but they do work fairly well.

Get a good network security system (like Norton Internet Security 2010) and hardware firewall. Run the AV check from a boot CD to make sure your system is clean. Kids are especially vulnerable to lad tricks so school them up.

I suggest that you advise everyone on your contact list of your situation and issue them the same words of warning about their own security too.

HTH

Edit: removed quoted material - appears immediately above.

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Make a lad cry today and God will reward you.]</a>
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Zombie or Steward (real) returns - you decide.
Steward is a Delete sensitive material regarding identity - Steward

Exproba tuos pusiones saepe et quam saevissime!
(Slap lads often and as hard as possible!!)

Miseria et tardum letium omnibus factoribus doli!
(Woe and a slow death to all scammer lads!)
(Thanks Otterfan for the Latin)

Last edited by dogsbum on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

4470 means it's a free redirect number, so whoever answered could be anywhere in the world.
I expect you fell for a phishing scam. Do you remember an email telling you that your Hotmail account would be closed unless you logged in (to a fake site with your password?
Post the email address here if you want it baited.

Closed lad accounts x 4
3 dead websites

is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt. Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic