SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Got this interesting e-mail at work...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sylint
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This person e-mailed my GM about reserving a party room for 12 people over 3 weekend nights at the restaurant we manage, which is normal and we said sure just give us the dates.. this followed.

Quote:
Hello XXX,

Thanks for your immediate reply and assistance so far and i will book for the dinner.

I will make a payment deposit of 2,000 Dollars including their drink which will cover their meals and drinks in advance because we are not sure of what your guests might like to drink or how much they are likely to consume.

Moreover, we were able to make an arrangement with a pre-paid car hiring agent who will supply the guests with vehicles that will be used to and for your place.

So in order not to share my credit card information with a third party, I have decided that only you will have to handle my credit card information.

More so, the prepaid agent do not have the facility to make a manual charge to a credit card if not present.. On my own side, I would have sent him his money directly, but am on the high sea work on an OIL RIG Now.

There are no bank or moneygram here where I can make payment directly to the agent.

So once you are in receipt of my credit card details,you are required to charge the total amount of 6,000 dollars + processing fees on my card,then deduct 2,000 Dollars as initial payment deposit for the dinner(meals and drinks) and send the balance of 4,000 Dollars to the prepaid car hire agent whose information I will forward to you once this is confirmed.

Confirm this and provide me with your.

(1) YOUR FULL NAME
(2) FULL ADDRESS
(3) PHONE NUMBERS for office record.

All checks and balances shall be done with the group leader on the final day of their dinner. Please be advised that we shall pay for all expenses and fees incurred as a result of the entire amount to be charged.

With Kind Regards

Kenny

+447-045-798-800

Sadly I'm going out of town tomorrow for a week and won't have time to enjoy this.
But I'm hoping you fine folks will give me some advice Smile
Bait Runner
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rule #1: Bait safe

This thief has your personal contact info, I suggest ceasing all contact with him. Once he figures out that he's not going to be able to steal from you he'll move onto other opportunities.

If he sends you a credit card number it's certainly stolen, you might want to pass the information along to law enforcement and the CC company.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic