SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Check Your RL Facebook Info Page

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To my great astonishment this morning, one of my baiting addresses (gmail) appeared right under my RL address in Facebook. There should be no connection between the baiting address and my RL persona other than it came from the same computer.

I deleted the gmail address from Facebook immediately and closed the email account. I don't have a clue as to how it could have happened, but I will monitor my Facebook Info page closely from now on.

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Facebook is very dangerous. I recieved a Facebook invite to RL email after being on a distribution list. Included with the invite were people I know but with no apparent tie to the distribution list or my RL email.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose it could happen if you ever sent a test email to your baiter account from your real account (I did this a couple of times while setting up some fancy forwarding) and Gmail decided to add the baiter account to your contacts, then you let Facebook ransack your personal information space to find people to add to your friends.

<rant>It's a retarded feature - I (and I imagine most people) email plenty of people I have no intention of ever calling "friends".</rant>

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^That could be very true, and it's also the reason why my e-mail password never gets entered anywhere but for logging in to my e-mail.

Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

foo123 wrote:
I suppose it could happen if you ever sent a test email to your baiter account from your real account

That has to be what it is. Google slammed some of my boxes shut a while back and I mass mailed them from my real address to see which ones were still ok.

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I NEVER let FB use my contact list for anything. On the rare occasions when I play with an application or become a fan of something, I do NOT let FB "invite" all my contacts to become a fan. I use that email account for job searches, and it would be very un-cool to invite a potential employer to find out which Peanuts character they most resemble. Wink

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Becoming a fan of anything on FB comes with a high risk warning IMO, especially those offering stupid game cheats ... for games that there's nothing to win anyway.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic