SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Paypal scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
playinpossum
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all, long-time lurker here.

I'm trying to flog my Macbook via a classified ad and I've got a couple of obvious scammers trying to woo me with Paypal emails. They're coming from yahoo and aol emails, and I don't think the lads are sophisticated enough to spoof IPs and headers.

Not really bothered about it, I use mobileme aliases for things like Paypal so even if they have my address, I can dump it and get a new one at any time without compromising my personal address.

So, I want to have a little fun with this lad, nothing too serious. He's sent me a postal address in Nigeria (where else eh?) and the email he's using is an active one, he's responding within 5 or 10 mins of my replies. I've got 2 paypal spoofs. one from a hijacked domain with a confirmation code and one from "Paypal" with details of the transfer.

Any tips or ideas? He seems to think he's on to a good one, I've put together a pretty convincing front and he thinks I've bought it. I'd love to send him a package with fluff or loo roll or something like that in it, but with him paying for delivery.
Bait Runner
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As long as none of your personal details can be traced, anything you do to waste this cretin's time is beneficial. Bear in mind that any shipping account the lad provides is certainly stolen, so it shouldn't be used. Often the lad isn't after the item, just "shipping fees" he can trick you into advancing. With a computer they just might try to steal both the item and whatever money you'll give up.

He's most likely going to try to get you to forward money to a "shipping service". You'll need to send shipping funds ahead of time via Western Union, and of course you can only use his shipping company. Try to stretch that process out as long as possible, asking lots of questions and getting things wrong, because you aren't too bright after all. When you're supposed to email a scan of the WU receipt you accidentally create a 4MB scan of just the lower inch of the document. Instead of sending him the MTCN, you send the phone number of the Western Union office. (You thought MTCN stood for "Money Transfer Center Phone Number")

After stretching the shipping process out for a few weeks you can tell him you've decided to provide "free shipping" as a bonus.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic