SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

How do you chose your bait?

View next topic
View previous topic

devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since signing into a guestbook I have too many to play with, so how do you decide which ones to favour! Confused

So far I lose the ones written all in capitals - would they attract a victim?

Next the long letter with little respect for punctuation.

Then anybody who thinks I'll open an attachment.

How do you pick your pets?

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
shaxd
Wannabe Baiter

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyll gogerychwyrndrob wllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales UK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I too delete the ones with attachments, and all capitals. I like to pick the ones that I think will be the most fun Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ shaxd

I'm with you there, and I try to pick ones that look like new scammers with no real script and lousy English.

I think as baiters, maybe we should concentrate on shredding the more plausible rascals, who might be finding real victims!

The Haiti and other disaster lads need some real pain too.

So many choices. Laughing

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
shaxd
Wannabe Baiter

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyll gogerychwyrndrob wllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales UK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

devil_woman wrote:
^^ shaxd

I think as baiters, maybe we should concentrate on shredding the more plausible rascals, who might be finding real victims!

The Haiti and other disaster lads need some real pain too.
:
I love to cause pain to the earthquake scammers, because they feed off of a disaster and the real victims need money *sigh*. I love to dolla-chop when they keep going down to the WU office and the clerk tells them the MTCN doesnt exist Twisted Evil

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ getting bank accounts from them is fun too Oh YES! Embarassed

Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I chose according to five criteria:

1. Good scripts. The ones I've got to think twice about. The ones that come across as quite (or very) believable. Lads who seem very nice. Real victims could reply to those: and I want to take up the Lad's time instead.

2. Appalling scripts. The laughable ones. I want (a) to encourage them to keep on using their crap opening lines by apparently falling for them; and (b) I like a bit of fun, too, and as well as all the serious business of distracting Lads from real victims, I do like a couple of Lads who are pushovers, or who just make me giggle.

3. My own preference/abilites. I'm confident about my baiting ability with Love Lads, Next-of-Kin, Refugees, Consignments Stuck in Transit. I'm not so good at helping with investments in property, and I positively suck at Puppy Lads. Which means I chose those I'm good at and those I'm bad at (in the hope of improvement!) and ignore the ones in the middle.

4. Loan Lads and Lottery Lads. Again, this is a 'distract them from real victims' thing, but also because I suspect they are under-baited, so I want to be someone who does something. They are, overall, not terribly interesting to bait, so I only run one at a time, and then have a rest/gap before the next one. But I think they are worth a shot.

5. Curiosity. What the hell sort of scam is this? Once my curiosity is satistfied, and especially if the scam turns out to be 'run of the mill', then I might well drop them pretty quickly. But I will write back in the first instance, just to find out what their plan is.

A Lad has got to fit into one of those categories to be eligible.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Jasper
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I mostly bait love lads. I think they are the worst kind. The ones I generally go for are the ones who admit they are from West Africa. They tend to use their own pics, and are usually willing to go on cam. I don't know why I like them the best. I will bait any love lad if they come my way, though. All romance scammers are equally nasty in my book. I don't bait Vlads, though.

I also do other ones to mix it up. Trunk boxes, charity scams, NOK, whatever comes in my catcher that looks interesting. I try to pick ones that might seem more convincing. I've been doing some IRS tax refund ones recently. I also love playing with hitlads. I like trying to turn them into love lads. (two out of three I've baited have turned into love lads for me. They always contact me from another ID, but their IP is always the same. One of the recent hitlads, Ken Wilson has become one of my love lads. He changed it from Ken to Kenny and changed his last name... Laughing )

My goal is always to waste a lads time and resources, but I make sure to try to have fun when I'm doing it. Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x9 Easter Egg
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It varies. I try to read all the email that I get, and if there's one that's a prizewinner, so to speak, I'll bait that one.

However, I'll sometimes get to thinking that I should bait a lotto lad (which I do occasionally) or a "refugee" lad.

My latest baits are a lad who is simply claming to look for a penpal, and a "bank manager" from HongKong wanting me to stand as next of kin to a middle Easterner who left behind his millions.

I want to bait a "dying widow" next, and have been looking for a suitable candidate.

FWIW, I just recently resumed baiting after a three month hiatus.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like to reply to a half dozen or so, and spend the first couple of emails trying to get them off-script, and get a feel for which ones are going to be fun to play with or not. Then I just quit responding to the others.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic